Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #29
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Geez I got bumped....lol
ss=scuba steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #30
ktramel

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I have these on my Avalanche and my Escalade. I am a smoker but I don't smoke in the Camaro and I try not to drive it in the rain. I've kept it in the garage when rain was a high probability but since I live in the south and pop-up thunderstorms happen---sometimes I've been stuck. I love them on my trucks but I just don't think they have a place on a Camaro. Just my opinion but do what you want on your ride.
ktramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #31
tightchevelle69
Derrick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
what is with you people that dont drive the car in the rain? its a car, made to be driven! and if somebody wants to smoke in their camaro then so be it....its their car not yours! if you want to put vent visors on your car then do it! i just wish i could see a pic of a camaro with some on it.

2010 ABM 2SS/RS, A6, home Dec 10th, wifes birthday present!
2007 GMC Yukon XL, 2000 S10 Xtreme, 1969 Chevelle
tightchevelle69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #32
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightchevelle69 View Post
what is with you people that dont drive the car in the rain? its a car, made to be driven! and if somebody wants to smoke in their camaro then so be it....its their car not yours! if you want to put vent visors on your car then do it! i just wish i could see a pic of a camaro with some on it.
I don't think anyone said they don't drive in the rain. They were saying, why drive in the rain with the window down. Which is quite a valid point. Because you smoke? Umm hello... smoke is supposed to go into your lungs, why roll the window down to let it out? Plus I think it's dumb to abuse your interior and make it smell like crap with smoking, but hey, your car, your health. I could care less.

The fact that the guy asked on a PUBLIC forum for them, is only asking for replies that go beyond a simple link to a web page. That's the joys of a message board... people can chime in on what they think. If you don't want people to comment, don't ask about whatever it is you're asking. It's not like we went overboard and off topic and trolled him. It's hideous plain and simple and our opinions are our own. He can choose to take them for what they are, or treat them as what they're worth.

For the record, these don't look TERRIBLE... but they do make me throw up in my mouth a little:

From the first link posted, if you choose "AVS Ventvisor Window Deflectors" you can pick Camaro as a model. Was $48.95 for the set.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!

Last edited by John Shields; 08-14-2010 at 07:28 AM.
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #33
jrkilburn

Drives: 2LT RS
You guys are ruthless about what people do to their own cars on here. I smoke, I smoke in my camaro, It rains, I drive in the rain, I smoke when it rains, I have a towel in my drivers door pocket to put over my drivers door switches when the water comes in.

That said, If the vent visor works, buy it. I just don't understand how it could work with a frameless window that has a auto up/down to open/close the door. I knew this when I bought the car and bought it anyway.

To all those getting flamed; if you want to put them or any mod onto your car do it. We are Americans that are allowed to make choices of personal taste.

To all those telling people what to do to "fit in" to your "ideas"; next time you see a motorcycle bar stop in and announce "if you added a windshield to your Harley you are a *****" see how that works out for you.

It's fun to read the flames and the silly ideas on the forums, please don't stop, that is why we have Soldiers fighting for your right to free speach. The choice of when to exercise that right is appearently much easier on the web when your teeth can remain attached in your mouth.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #34
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
It's not a cosmetic mod, they're functional. It would be nice to be able to roll down the window a little bit in the rain, who cares if you guys don't like what they look like?
I have had them on my trucks and they are great for what they are designed to do. They are also really nice, especialy in hot areas like florida, for cracking your windows open to let out heat when your car is parked outside at work. My wife has them on her HHR.
It kills me when someone asks where to get something for their car and all of a sudden everyone is trying to talk them out of it, like they are the last word in automobile customization. Will I put them on my camaro, no, but since the guy didn't ask for my opinion I'm not going to try to talk him out of it. I can understand why he's looking for them.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #35
chevyman57

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
Visors?

Please pay a little more and the windows tinted!
chevyman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #36
R Kern
NFRNO SS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
When some people think of vent visors, they are probably thinking of the old school ones, like this.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #37
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
There's a lot of lol resulting from people in this thread.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #38
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
Ok...maybe I'm missing something, but...what POSSIBLE reason could you have for wanting to open your windows when it's raining?
OMG, I glad YOU posted that, cause I kept reading and thinkin, I can't say that out loud, I'm a blonde and a girl..

Seriously though, it's your car - but I can hear your car crying already if you put them on your windows. It gets damn hot here in NC too and the humidity is worse. I'm a windows open kinda girl vs AC, but if it's raining, I shut the sunroof and windows. Kinda like a trailer hitch, that doesn't belong on a Camaro either. Nuff said..
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #39
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
There's at least a few reasons I could think of as to why you would want to crack the windows while it's raining and you're driving...
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #40
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightchevelle69 View Post
straight to the point.................

Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #41
Scruffage

Drives: 2011 2ss Rs LS3 manual in black
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ahhhhh............ got it.

Please don't do this. Think of your family, and all the kids. How it might affect them.

Attachment 153924
Scruffage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #42
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Not even if they were free.....
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote