Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #43
kudzu74
Account Suspended

Drives: SS 08' Trailblazer
Exclamation Dido...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
If GM puts a V6 in a Z/28, I'll buy a Boss mustang!
And I hate Mustangs....so what does that tell you!

I rather have a V8 supercharged ZL1 than a V6 turbo...though I still miss the days of a nice V8 four-bar/carb! But a Z28 better be a V8 either way or its not a Z28!
kudzu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #44
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu74 View Post
Plus, Chevrolet should do something useful with all those LS7s and camaros have always gotten the handme downs from the vette'. Just sayin'...
True, back at the end of the hey days of the Z-28, 70-74, they shared the same top of the line 350 SHP as the one in the Corvette. No one's gonna be dissapointed if we can get a LS7 in our Z-28, I can guarantee you that...
Old 09-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #45
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
Like I keep saying..... Don't be disappointed with want GM comes out with........ IF they come out with it. We can only hope what GM will do with it if it does. The fact is, all these folks on here that want a track car (I assume to do racing) or a drag car, why don't you order the Camaro body, put whatever you want in it, make whatever you want out of it and call it whatever you want to call it. Why should you expect Chevy to build it for you...... just saying!
...first of all if you have been reading all the threads, as I assume you have, there is enough info laying about to support the belief it will be reincarnated. There admittedly has been internal strife over the useage of name. Secondly Chevy is in the business to make money, we all understand that, not make customized vehicles. Thats a rather naive proposition to put out there about having such expectations. There is an unprecidented movement from within Chevy with the inception of the Gen5 to protect the Camaro's heritage. Development is taken dead seriously and particular attention is given to it's bloodline, collectibility, and stature from a historical standpoint. Surely, you must be joking <pun intended>, to propose Chevy, having Guardians of the Camaro in place on the development team, to allow anything short of a true Z-28 to be produced. That could not happen at the present time the way they have it set up. Not in this decade. I would like to add that I believe they already have it planned for release within the next two years. The heavy weight Champion ZL1 will take it's rightful place in history. Then we get the cruiser weight street fighter Z-28. We need to voice our opinions of what we want, or would like to have. They read the board. We are part of the same community. We are on Team Camaro.

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 09-05-2011 at 04:40 PM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #46
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
If they were not going to build another up level Camaro then there would be no ZL1. "It " the ZL1 would have been the Z28. The fact that GM built and will sell the ZL1 means a Z28 WILL happen. Get it???
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #47
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...first of all if you have been reading all the threads, as I assume you have, there is enough info laying about to support the belief it will be reincarnated. There admittedly has been internal strife over the useage of name. Secondly Chevy is in the business to make money, we all understand that, not make customized vehicles. Thats a rather naive proposition to put out there about having such expectations. There is an unprecidented movement from within Chevy with the inception of the Gen5 to protect the Camaro's heritage. Development is taken dead seriously and particular attention is given to it's bloodline, collectibility, and stature from a historical standpoint. Surely, you must be joking <pun intended>, to propose Chevy, having Guardians of the Camaro in place on the development team, to allow anything short of a true Z-28 to be produced. That could not happen at the present time the way they have it set up. Not in this decade. I would like to add that I believe they already have it planned for release within the next two years. The heavy weight Champion ZL1 will take it's rightful place in history. Then we get the cruiser weight street fighter Z-28. We need to voice our opinions of what we want, or would like to have. They read the board. We are part of the same community. We are on Team Camaro.

What he said!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #48
kudzu74
Account Suspended

Drives: SS 08' Trailblazer
Just to sidestep and be on the same note...I was rereading my Camaro Now issue from the being of this year...where it clearly states in an article that the belief was at the beginning of the year that what we now know as the ZL1 was assumed to be the Z28, so I feel without a doubt it will happen but probably when they produce the Alpha platform that is coming in two years? Its lighter which would make sense for the Z28. Just sayin'! But I'm not sure I can hold out that long...we shall see. Right now, we need an Obamanator...or rather a 'policy killer' on the MPG policies coming into effect to help the process.
kudzu74 is offline   Reply With Quote