Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #29
CodemanZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 247EVL View Post
i'm on my second supercharger. Had a replacement installed a few weeks ago. It is as bad as the original unit. I would be very interested in the revised coupler.
Same here. Currently debating on having the S/C replaced again by the dealer and hoping for the best...or saying to hell with it and replacing the coupler with a solid coupler and some other "goodies"...
CodemanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:41 PM   #30
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodemanZL1 View Post
Same here. Currently debating on having the S/C replaced again by the dealer and hoping for the best...or saying to hell with it and replacing the coupler with a solid coupler and some other "goodies"...
Why would you not take advantage of what amounts to a free factory upgrade?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:56 PM   #31
Samson2029

Drives: 328xi, ML400, ZL1 man. 2013
after having the factory solid coupler for 2 yrs, the switch to the new spring coupler was like bringing home a new car. All the shudders and resonance vibrations are gone(I got the refinement back worthy of an expensive car). But what I didnt expect was the easy launch and smooth shifting(manual). If there is that resonance buzz at launch 800 to 1200 rpm, sounds like a vibrating heat shield, go get a new snout. If there is no launch buzz then not covered under warranty. refer to service bulletin.
Samson2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:32 AM   #32
CodemanZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Why would you not take advantage of what amounts to a free factory upgrade?
Because the first free "upgrade" was nothing but the same problem (actually louder, no buzz just marbles) in a shiny new box, yet the car was down for several days and now I get to repeat the process again and hope that this time I actually get a solid/upgraded coupler...not the end of the world but a little aggravating.

I'll likely give it another try, but I've seen more than a few people have to go through multiple replacements. So it's a little temping to just replace the coupler by someone else and have it fixed for sure, if I'm going to be voiding the warranty anyway w/ mods. Maybe I'm just crazy
CodemanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:50 AM   #33
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodemanZL1 View Post
Because the first free "upgrade" was nothing but the same problem (actually louder, no buzz just marbles) in a shiny new box, yet the car was down for several days and now I get to repeat the process again and hope that this time I actually get a solid/upgraded coupler...not the end of the world but a little aggravating.

I'll likely give it another try, but I've seen more than a few people have to go through multiple replacements. So it's a little temping to just replace the coupler by someone else and have it fixed for sure, if I'm going to be voiding the warranty anyway w/ mods. Maybe I'm just crazy
Some dealers are not as good as others. Are you confident in yours?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote