Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #15
bono83

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, 2010 1LT
First of all, thanks for your service in Iraq. That is a huge sacrifice you made already and your car wasn't supposed to be part of the deal. I can't believe the family that kicked her out has the nerve to ask you for a favor like that. I commend you for having a heart and considering her "future," but if you don't follow through with the theft report, you'll get burned in the end and never see the money in my opinion. Best of luck.
2500: 8/18/09 - Preferenced.
3000: 8/18/09 - Accepted by Production Control.
3100: 9/9/09 - Available to Sequence.
3300: 9/9/09 - Scheduled for Production.
3400: 9/19/09 - Broadcast.
3800: 9/29/09 - Produced.
4000: 9/29/09 - Available to Ship.
4150: 9/29/09 - Original Invoice.
4200: 10/6/09 - Shipped.
5000: 10/13/09 - Delivered to Dealer.
6000: 10/13/09 - Delivered to Customer.
bono83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #16
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
We have all made mistakes, and had to pay for them in some form or fashion. Report it stolen. You will be able to sleep at night. You should not have to bear this responsibility. You did not steal the car, total the car. You were off serving our COUNTRY, to which I THANK YOU for.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #17
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Not only do you call the police and tell them no permission was ever granted, you report the car stolen. Even if permission was not "granted", an insurance company may argue it was "implied", as you left the car in the care of a friend. They may try to argue the friend had authority to use the car/let the car be used.

Report the car stolen. Get a stolen car report.

Oh, by the way, I'm an insurance agent.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #18
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
You turn her ass in. Sounds like she needs a wake up call anyway. She will learn NOTHING if you don't.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #19
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Report it stolen. It will be good for her in the long run..... it's the only way she will learn.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #20
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I guess one good thing about being in IRAQ is that when you do report it stolen, you won't have to deal with them face to face immediately when the police take care of it.

They will have some time to cool off. I guess you'll see how strong your friendship is when you do that.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #21
speedbrds
It wasn't me!

Drives: '11 SW Camaro LS
Wow! I feel horrible just reading this. IMO, I strongly suggest you report the vehicle stolen. Once the vehicle is reported stolen, law enforcement will make an immediate arrest (at least that's how it works in CA). Since you know who the perps are, it should be easy. So it'll be on her and her boyfriend's rap sheet. Who cares!

However, two things should be considered. If the car is reported as stolen, will the insurance company cover the price of the car (current value or purchase price) then go ahead with the report. However, if this chick is supposed to pay you for the car, then having a crime in her record may hinder her from gaining a job to pay you.

(Prior to deployment, did you contact you insurance company advising them of your deployment? Or was you vehicle to be stored only at friends and did he have permission to drive it?)

You could resort to suing her a$$, boyfriend and/or ultimately her parents.

I believe these are things you should consider. I see it everyday as I work for a local PD and it never ceases to amaze me about these idiots get away with said crimes.

Good luck my friend!!!
speedbrds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:39 AM   #22
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Thanks for putting your life on the line in Iraq brother. Much respect to you.

On point though... **** that bitch. She stole your car, plain and simple. Unleash the hounds on her.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #23
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Thanks for putting your life on the line in Iraq brother. Much respect to you.

On point though... **** that bitch. She stole your car, plain and simple. Unleash the hounds on her.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #24
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Call her family and give them the choice. They can cut you a check to repair your Camaro, or you must report it stolen to get it fixed with the insurance money.

Someone already said that her daddy can sort it out with her later. Then you give them the option to participate in the decision.

FYI my personal thought is to report it stolen since that's what happened.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #25
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Hmm...while I completely feel for you man... I have a few questions prior to giving my thoughts.

1. You said that you trusted this friend with your car...does that mean that you gave your friend permission to drive it while you were overseas? (Not his sister...just him).

2. If so, doesn't that mean, by him giving permission to his sister, that you somehow did give her permission because you put the decision making into the hands of this friend?

I don't know how this works...but I think this could be brought up in court and give the insurance company some legs to stand on as far as not paying up.

This friend is obviously a close one...for you to leave your $35,000 possession's fate in his hands. Like stated above though...mistakes are made but people need to suffer consequences based on those mistakes...if not, it wasn't really a mistake, it just happened. The car being "stolen" is what I'm hung up on. She was told that she could drive the car...she didn't go behind anybody's back and take it.

Many mistakes happened...
1. You let this friend take care of your car.
2. He let his sister (without permission from you) drive the car.
3. She "played" with it and didn't have the proper training to "play" with it.

In a perfect world...she can come up with the money to repay you. At 18, you know she can't.

Have her familiy come up with the funds ASAP (no payment plan, no "we'll work it off", or anything like that. One time payment. If they can't do that, you gotta do what you gotta do, report it as stolen and let her deal with the consequences.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #26
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Wow, thats terrible.. Report her and get your car paid for!
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #27
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
First thank you for what you do, Now to my point Do what needs to be done, This troubled 18 year old need a good A$$ kicking and by let her get out of it you are Inabeling her in her downward spiral, As you said in the op
Quote:
I am however slightly sympathetic because I was young once, got into trouble and the second chance given to me is why I am not in jail. What do you guys think.
So if it was me i will report it Stolen, Think Lindsay Lohan but with out any money, As to your friend/former friend you know no mater what happens your friendship is over.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #28
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Hmm...while I completely feel for you man... I have a few questions prior to giving my thoughts.

1. You said that you trusted this friend with your car...does that mean that you gave your friend permission to drive it while you were overseas? (Not his sister...just him).

2. If so, doesn't that mean, by him giving permission to his sister, that you somehow did give her permission because you put the decision making into the hands of this friend?

He stated in his thread the car only had storage insurance on it. No one can drive it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote