Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #43
defectisy

Drives: Camaro 2LT "CRYPTIC"
i wish i had another smaller vehicle to drive as a DD.. but dont.. it isnt to say i dont like the camaro drive.. cuz every second i drive that car whether it be at night day street snow desert.. is just amazing.. i hate getting it dirty but i love to dirty it so i can clean it.. only reason i would want a diffrent car to drive is not for the gas kuz even when i pump fuel in it.. is like im feeding my camaro.. but is for the fact that i got a huge key mark on the side of my camaro.. and dont want that to happen again.. =(
defectisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #44
Jessica-Rocks-
One hot mess

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangster View Post
mine is a daily driver....well I didnt drive it yesterday.

lol that is awesome!

Mine is a DD as well. 10K miles and she is pretty brand new. I don't think I could drive something else. Just would not be the same!
Jessica-Rocks- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #45
Redskinfan72

Drives: Victory Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica-Rocks- View Post
lol that is awesome!

Mine is a DD as well. 10K miles and she is pretty brand new. I don't think I could drive something else. Just would not be the same!

I agree Jessica....But this is just a sad picture....
Redskinfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #46
Shades

Drives: 2011 Silver Camaro 1SS/RS
When I test drove mine the only thing i didnt like was the huge blind spot....everything else about the car rocks! I bought it anyway....and when I read this article from another post on correctly adjusting your side mirrors....the blind spot completely disappears and you dont have to worry anymore. How to adjust your mirrors to get rid of the blind spot in a nutshell:
Put your head against the drivers side window and adjust the driver side mirror out until you can barely see the back of the car ( with your head against the window ). Then move your head to the center of the car and adjust the passenger mirror till you can barely see the back of the car in the mirror. Do this and what you see when driving is this:
You see a car in your center ( inside ) rearview mirror...as it over takes you when it leaves your rear view mirror it appears in your side mirror.....when it leaves your side mirror its right next to you ( glance over and it will be right beside you ). Once I did this....no more blind spot...just check your mirror and look right next to you...if you dont see anything your good. Everyone that dislikes the blind spot should try this way of adjusting your mirrors....its really cool.

And yes mine is my DD but since I work form home now....it doesnt get driven that much.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #47
LadyGreyMyst
ABM & 69 HO RS/SS

Drives: 2001 Z24 Cavalier, ABM 2LT/RS
My DD when there is no snow! A joy to drive!

Who ever said it is just a car never drove a Camaro! Bought at Champion Chevrolet, Trail, BC July 11/09!
LadyGreyMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #48
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i just got the new issue (feb) of MT. read the Camaro part and then put it down. Damn that's a rag. it was the cheapest by far, pulled the same g on the skidpad as the mustang, same acceleration...and it 's in 4th. Why? No Nav screen. yeah. oh and you see it's hard to see out of. you might hit a curb with the wheel.
that's what they actually say.
i immediately fired off an email. i seriously have no desire to read auto magazines anymore.
this reminds me of the wrestler that was known as The Rock. what would he say about this?
"auto journalists what do you think of the Camaro?"
'we think that the Camaro.."
"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SAY !!!!!!"
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #49
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i just got the new issue (feb) of MT. read the Camaro part and then put it down. Damn that's a rag. it was the cheapest by far, pulled the same g on the skidpad as the mustang, same acceleration...and it 's in 4th. Why? No Nav screen. yeah. oh and you see it's hard to see out of. you might hit a curb with the wheel.
that's what they actually say.
i immediately fired off an email. i seriously have no desire to read auto magazines anymore.
this reminds me of the wrestler that was known as The Rock. what would he say about this?
"auto journalists what do you think of the Camaro?"
'we think that the Camaro.."
"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SAY !!!!!!"

Just remember Motor trend stands for Mostly Trash
and sorry to say but Road and Track stands for Rot and Trench.

I gave up on those two magazines years ago.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #50
AZ2SSRS

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I gave up on Motor Trend several years ago. If its not a Toyota, BMW or a Ford, MT always has something negative to say. I got used to the visibility on the way home from the dealer after picking it up....adjust your mirrors correctly!

My 2SS is a daily driver, but my commute is 20 miles round trip and I live in Arizona so ice and snow is not an issue (except perhaps for today when we had flurries in Scottsdale and its expected to be below freezing overnight).
AZ2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #51
Lori2010

Drives: Black SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Lori2010
I have driven mine since I picked her up July "09" and love every second of driving. Thats what I bought her for.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:58 AM   #52
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
the hyundai they tested was $6,000 more than the Camaro. even the mustang was $3,000 more
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote