Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #57
ztothe4

Drives: bmw z4, x-terra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDoc View Post
My understanding is that tinting any window influences depth perception. As such, the law seems to think that having "accurate" depth perception is much more important as you drive forward than the depth perception you lose out the back.
I see, there is always an exception to the rule.

Last edited by ztothe4; 06-26-2009 at 07:26 AM.
ztothe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #58
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztothe4 View Post
So I guess anyone that gets in an accident with illegal tint, whether it be on the windshield or not, can be charged with manslaughter if they kill someone. Or maybe I'm wrong, because it sounds like it's ok to have illegal tint on the sides and back.

Ok, let me rephrase. Anyone that has illegal tint on any of their windows can't talk crap about someone else's illegal tint, just because it is on their front windshield. Illegal sides and back is just as illegal as front.
Considering when you drive down the street looking out the front wiendshield and not your side windows it could possibly be manslaughter. But I'm no lawyer. I was just trying to give him something to think about. Hopefully that would never be an issue. I would just hate for anyone to go to jail for something like this.
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #59
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
I think taking the wipers off, and tinting the front window for the sake of looks, is the silliest thing I've heard of! I hope you don't hurt yourself, or someone else with this nonsense.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:13 AM   #60
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
screw wut every1 says...if you like it, keep it!!! just dont let the cops catch u
Old 06-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #61
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
please God...make this thread disappear!
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #62
Souness

Drives: 2000 Celica GT-S
Looks good but you will be pulled over pretty quickly. If you had just did the side and rears in 20% I'd say you could probably get away with it but the front is a big no-no. Like it's been said earlier, you'll probably be pulled over for the front and then they'll ticket you for the sides and rear also.
Souness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #63
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Here's my big problem. Aside from the obvious safety of being able to see out of the car, there is just as big an issue with people being able to see into the car. Communicating with other drivers via hand signals is a critical part of driving, and they won't be able to do so with you. This is why I think tinting on the windshield or front side windows should be flat out illegal. I've almost been in a few accidents in my life caused by idiots tinting up front and creating a communication breakdown at an intersection or parking lot.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #64
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
You can argue windshield tint to death, but here`s the one thing for those who tint their windshield, eventually you`re going to start getting those annoying fine little scratches from cleaning if not a blurring and halo effect after a period of time due to rubbing during cleaning.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #65
surferbarney

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1999 Mustang
Ok, everyone here's the deal. The windshield wipers are staying on the car. If I get pulled over, which I expect to becuase the car just stands out, the tint on the windshield will come off and I will not be putting it back on, until then, it's staying on.

And has anyone here ever been inside a car with the front windshield tinted? Until you have how can you say how difficult it is to see? Everything is perfectly clear during the day, just as if you are wearing sunglasses, and I actually drove it last weekend in the rain with the windshield tinted so that's no problem either, even with storms, light still passes through the clouds. Yes, it is a little dark at night so guess what, I'm not driving it at night. The thing to note is, it's not anywhere near as dark looking out as it is looking in.
GFX Package
Pre-Ordered 1/19/09
2000 4/9/09
3000 4/24/09
3300 5/4/09
3400 5/9/09
3800 5/15/09
Delivered 6/2/09!!!!!

VIN 2G1FT1EWXA9110199
surferbarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #66
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbarney View Post
Ok, everyone here's the deal. The windshield wipers are staying on the car. If I get pulled over, which I expect to becuase the car just stands out, the tint on the windshield will come off and I will not be putting it back on, until then, it's staying on.

And has anyone here ever been inside a car with the front windshield tinted? Until you have how can you say how difficult it is to see? Everything is perfectly clear during the day, just as if you are wearing sunglasses, and I actually drove it last weekend in the rain with the windshield tinted so that's no problem either, even with storms, light still passes through the clouds. Yes, it is a little dark at night so guess what, I'm not driving it at night. The thing to note is, it's not anywhere near as dark looking out as it is looking in.
Screw these guys its your car and you alone have to face the consequences for your actions. Like I said our work vehicles have all of the windows tinted
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #67
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Hey Barney when you get pulled over, they are gonna give you a fix it ticket for your windows. ALL of THEM. I love the way your car looks but when you get that fix it ticket your gonna have to remove all your tint in order to get it to pass the inspection. If it were me I would take a bunch of pictures of my car the way it is now and then remove the front windshield tint. They probably wont hassle you with just the sides and back. But they are definately gonna pop you with the front. And dont be surprised if they pop you with guns drawn and then cuff you while they search the car. This will be done for their safety, not to hassle you. IMHO

BTW I saw you cruising the other day. It looks real sharp on the road. But I cant see in. :-)
Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #68
surferbarney

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1999 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2well View Post
Hey Barney when you get pulled over, they are gonna give you a fix it ticket for your windows. ALL of THEM. I love the way your car looks but when you get that fix it ticket your gonna have to remove all your tint in order to get it to pass the inspection. If it were me I would take a bunch of pictures of my car the way it is now and then remove the front windshield tint. JMO

BTW I saw you cruising the other day. It looks real sharp on the road.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm pretty sure I can get the side windows ok'd because of medical reasons, even if I can't I'll just take it off and put the sides back on after inspection.

Were you driving yours? I didn't see you. I finally saw another one on the road yesterday, it was a base V6 silver one though.
GFX Package
Pre-Ordered 1/19/09
2000 4/9/09
3000 4/24/09
3300 5/4/09
3400 5/9/09
3800 5/15/09
Delivered 6/2/09!!!!!

VIN 2G1FT1EWXA9110199
surferbarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #69
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm pretty sure I can get the side windows ok'd because of medical reasons, even if I can't I'll just take it off and put the sides back on after inspection.

Were you driving yours? I didn't see you. I finally saw another one on the road yesterday, it was a base V6 silver one though.
Nope I was driving a tricked out Magnum going down Odenton RD.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #70
Karnage541

Drives: 2010 VR 1LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
I haven't seen any threads with any pics on this yet so I'm posting a couple pics of my car. I had the front windshield tinted today, I think it makes the whole car look a lot better since the tint on all windows now is the same, plus it goes great with the black stripes. I know it's illegal but whatever, it looks good. I'm probably gonna take the windshield wipers off tomorrow since I don't plan on ever driving it in the rain and I always use Rain-X anyways, should make for a cleaner look.

Oh and I know the stripes and car in general look dirty, that's cuz it got rained on today :(
It does look good, but a bit to scary for me. I do like the racing stripes tho, are they vinyl or is it painted on?

Last edited by Karnage541; 07-19-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Karnage541 is offline   Reply With Quote