Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 07-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #57
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Max! We are the same page my friend. This has nothing to do with a frigging Plastic trophy. It pisses me off that some one thinks I'm soooo frigging shallow. It's about being a tool bag. Just because you bring a new car to a show don't mean your there to win anything or to get a better park spot. It's NOT about new cars against old cars. It's not about modern muscle against old muscle.
It's about misleading car guys. I love how this discussion keeps being twisted to guys with new cars being baby's. thinking its not fair to bring there cars to classic car shows. Bla bla bla bla.
It's about misleading a group and then being a d/ck about it. That is all nothing els.
Lets keep point here!
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #58
67RS2010SS

Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Max! We are the same page my friend. This has nothing to do with a frigging Plastic trophy. It pisses me off that some one thinks I'm soooo frigging shallow. It's about being a tool bag. Just because you bring a new car to a show don't mean your there to win anything or to get a better park spot. It's NOT about new cars against old cars. It's not about modern muscle against old muscle.
It's about misleading car guys. I love how this discussion keeps being twisted to guys with new cars being baby's. thinking its not fair to bring there cars to classic car shows. Bla bla bla bla.
It's about misleading a group and then being a d/ck about it. That is all nothing els.
Lets keep point here!
Well said Charlie!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #59
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I know Chevy, i was just reiterating and backing up your point.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #60
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. I know a lot of hardcore old school muscle guys who will never be convinced that efi is better than a carburetor because they don't understand it and we naturally fear what we don't understand. Just using that as an example, as you see its a lack of understanding that separates the old school from the new school. I started out as a hardcore old school muscle guy until I started realizing that my '74 K10 was not a very practical vehicle to commute an hour to Boston everyday. It became real clear that the convenience, reliability, and engineering of newer cars allows us to do things with them that our classics could never achieve. I still hold my classic '74 near and dear to my heart having been to hell and back with it and nothing can take away the awesome memories I've made in it but I've also come to appreciate the changing technology. In doing so I've embraced the modern muscle era and I wanted to be a part of this modern horsepower war just like there was back in the '60s and '70s. I didn't buy my camaro to win shows, I bought it to drive it because that's how you can truly appreciate such an awesome car, behind the wheel, just as the old school guys did 30 years ago.

Sent from my Galaxy "LS3"

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #61
Northeast Rod Run

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Lets keep point here!
Way to speak your mind Charlie. LOL!!!

You know me enough to know that I like them old or new.... as long as they are American powered
Old 07-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #62
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Right on Jt.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #63
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Another point of this thread was to illustrate how we are viewed by thie Masshole Cruisers.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 07-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #64
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
H8ters gonna H8 and like 2012-2SS said we got these cars to drive them i can think of a few others who use them as garage ornaments until a show happens. Same can be said for those older cars at the shows you don't often see them outside the shows at all. As for massholes being massholes well i'm from new hampshire we have a good understanding of that side of massachusetts we get to experience it every friday afternoon after 5pm all summer long. Not saying all massholes are assholes but these cruiser guys definately fit the bill the rest of New England has defined one as.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #65
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

garage ornament.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 07-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #66
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
"You don't hear Guys with older car complaining about not being judge" That's because they always are. And that's not the point, Charlie is right. Flyer states "open to all vehicles manufactared before 1989, ALONG WITH RETRO, & MODERN MUSCLE.
Way to go Charlie.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #67
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

The Seekonk show flyer said the same thing. We were ignored. But not before paying our parking fee.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #68
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I think doing anything in bad taste would be a detriment to NEC5 and would not be a good thing. We all love cars and are passionate. I know some of you are upset and with good reason but just not going to those shows is probably the best idea.

That's why I prefer the cruise nights at A&W in Smithfield. Friends just get together and shoot the $h!t and have fun chatting till the wee hours of the night. Just like my dad did with his friends in his day in his 68 GTO.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #69
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
I dont give a rats flucking ass if I win a trophy. I spent a lot of time and money planning. And creating a car that is unique and a one of a kind. I have no problem paying to park at a show so that people can enjoying seeing what I have created. BUT don't blow smoke up my a$$ with a misleading flyer that gives me the impression that I will be treated equally with all the people that bought there "classic" car as is. My car was not bought as is. I choose every performance and cosmetic mod on my car. And on FB when I thank Patrick and said the issue was about being treated equally since they collected my "parking fee" and he replied "whatever" was just plain douchbaggery on his part.
lets cut off there ****ing heads
Old 07-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #70
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I think doing anything in bad taste would be a detriment to NEC5 and would not be a good thing. We all love cars and are passionate. I know some of you are upset and with good reason but just not going to those shows is probably the best idea.

That's why I prefer the cruise nights at A&W in Smithfield. Friends just get together and shoot the $h!t and have fun chatting till the wee hours of the night. Just like my dad did with his friends in his day in his 68 GTO.

I'm with you, do we really need to degrade who we are and what we stand for because they decided to be tools? Throughout most areas we go NEC5 has a good reputation let's leave it at that and just not attend their shows. I'm sure other clubs in the area have gotten wind of this and made other plans aswell.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote