Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Halo Woes...

I need some advice, does anyone make reliable Halo lights for this car? I had the JDP lights because it seemed like such a good idea. They never worked for more than a week or two (I've replaced them 3 times). The last time around they were stuck on blue but I could live with that, one started flickering like an strobe light and got me pulled over so I pulled them out of the car.

I've known several people to have issues with the AAC halos losing bulbs. (I've had issues with their other lighting products already on my car)

So my question is, are there any reliable alternatives? After the JDP mod I cannot return to stock so do I have to just buy another set of headlights to get my Halos back or is there a reliable product out there?

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
The Night Owl Kit is supposed to be great quality. And they sell a JDP upgrade kit.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Have you looked into night owl? It basically can upgrade your existing JDP kit with it.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
bigsquirrel

No I hadn't heard of them, I'm anxious to keep anything from my old kit still on the car. I'd love to think it was just the control box but pretty sure it and my LEDs are toast.

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
Old 02-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
No I hadn't heard of them, I'm anxious to keep anything from my old kit still on the car. I'd love to think it was just the control box but pretty sure it and my LEDs are toast.
Your best option is to upgrade to the Night owl kit.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
I bet your LEDs are fine. Probably just the controller box.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
NightOwl upgrade is one way. Ours are another.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #8
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '14 2SS/RS
I've got a NightOwl controller on my 3W RGB LEDs that they supplied and it works flawlessly.
jgray1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #9
bigsquirrel

SJM, didn't know you made these! Sent you a message. I just really want to fix this and never have mess with the halos again.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #10
bigsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
I bet your LEDs are fine. Probably just the controller box.
I hope so, I think they are as well. They flash white when power is first supplied.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #11
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I have had AAC on mine over 3 years with zero issues. I am using the Night owl controller but not there halos.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
PM responded to!
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #13
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
I'm having some of these same woes at the moment, bigsquirrel. My JDP's have not been working and if they are on (sometimes they don't stay on) the only color is blue. Can't change them otherwise. I just contacted JDP and I'm hoping they will help me get them straight.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #14
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
I'm having some of these same woes at the moment, bigsquirrel. My JDP's have not been working and if they are on (sometimes they don't stay on) the only color is blue. Can't change them otherwise. I just contacted JDP and I'm hoping they will help me get them straight.
try getting nightowl to control them. I just bought this sytem and am installing it this weekend. Have heard nothing but awesome things about them and just from dealing with Joe, it's seems to be be a great standup product.
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote