Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #85
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
My take? 99% of the people who THINK thay are being challenged to race are simply misperceiving it. Yes, there are plenty of drivers who see driving in traffic as a competitive event, but driving fast--- even passing a Camaro--- or gunning it from a red light, or even a blip of the throttle at a red light is just the way a huge portion of drivers drive. I don't think, in my 2 1/2 years of driving a Camaro, any minivan or SUV or truck has ever tried to race me, but I've had a few whip past me on the freeway, even when I am doing 80 MPH. So they are in a hurry... I don't take it as a personal challenge... and I'll bet $100 that they didn't spend a second thinking about me or my car. They are too busy texting, yelling at the kids in the back, and wondering what Kimmy K. is going to do next. At a red light, some drivers just want to floor it, no real reason, it's just the way they drive. A bli-p of the throttle from a POS--- or what I perceive to be a POS--- might just be to "keep it lit."

Unless somebody pulls up next to me, revs it a few times, gives me the look, and maybe waves a pink slip in the air, they are pretty much just driving around. That's all.

Yes, I have been challenged, but it is a clear and present challenge, no doubt, no question. No subtlety, no question about it... never, though, have I driven around thinking that every car at every light, or every car that passes me, or every car that misses a shift and revs a fart can is challenging me.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #86
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I always wanted to roll a Monte Carlo
I've rolled a few cars... first one was an accident (hey, 17 years old), all subsequent ones in the name of fun. I can tell you that there is a remarkable difference in center- of- gravity issues between different models. Some roll with very little provocation... there have been others (like an '83 Olds 98) that I was absolutely unable to ever get upside- down).
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #87
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
even lifted trucks(usually Fords) gunning their engines
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #88
Bk7

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
It's not the imports that bother me, it's freaking mustang owners that piss me off. I can't go anywhere without one being a jackass. I just tell them to save my gas and tell their friends they won. I don't care....I fly apaches for a living haha! My ego is doing just fine....
#Winning

Bk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #89
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
It's not the imports that bother me, it's freaking mustang owners that piss me off. I can't go anywhere without one being a jackass. I just tell them to save my gas and tell their friends they won. I don't care....I fly apaches for a living haha! My ego is doing just fine....
Really? you sure you don't just sit in them making engine sounds?

-Sent by an OH-58D Kiowa guy stirring the pot.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #90
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
My take? 99% of the people who THINK thay are being challenged to race are simply misperceiving it. Yes, there are plenty of drivers who see driving in traffic as a competitive event, but driving fast--- even passing a Camaro--- or gunning it from a red light, or even a blip of the throttle at a red light is just the way a huge portion of drivers drive. I don't think, in my 2 1/2 years of driving a Camaro, any minivan or SUV or truck has ever tried to race me, but I've had a few whip past me on the freeway, even when I am doing 80 MPH. So they are in a hurry... I don't take it as a personal challenge... and I'll bet $100 that they didn't spend a second thinking about me or my car. They are too busy texting, yelling at the kids in the back, and wondering what Kimmy K. is going to do next. At a red light, some drivers just want to floor it, no real reason, it's just the way they drive. A bli-p of the throttle from a POS--- or what I perceive to be a POS--- might just be to "keep it lit."

This and the comments about the fake breasts are spot on 100%. Having never thought of it, I started to wonder that when I take off hard from a light (because I am enjoying a good hard launch, not because I am racing anyone), do others think I was trying to race them? I sure hope not, but will now be self conscious about it! Oh, and as the past owner of more than one POS, often with no money to fix it, I promise you that you will rev it like a fool to keep it running, and not give a damn what anyone else thinks!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #91
Gillis

Drives: Car
I'd say about 6 out of 10 people are aholes. 9 out of 10 are even bigger aholes when they get behind the wheel of a car and out on the streets.
Gillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #92
steelersgeek70

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
So.... you street raced with 3 passengers in your car?

Well, at least now I know what's less irresponsible than a street race.
OMG! I am laughing so hard at your response! That was hilarious! No, seriously, I actually laughed out loud!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #93
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Nobody has tried to rev or race my Camaro but I had a Civic blowing black smoked pull up beside me going down a 3 lane highway trying to provoke me into racing my Lightning. I honestly think 97% of these stories is envy and wanting to hear you get on it more than anything. When I had a regular f150 or driving in my friends KIA, we where always trying to get Lightnings to jump on it, lol. Didn't have anything to do with thinking our "POS" was all that, just was envious of their ride and wanted to see them jump on it, that's all...
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #94
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I literally just had a guy in a Corolla S try to race me on my way home from a movie. Like wat. Sad part was watching the Corolla S inch away as I'm accelerating normally and then he slams on the brakes to slow down... guess he was still racing.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #95
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
All in good fun fellas.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #96
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
nah, its not that at all. Its just, how many times do we need to go through this?

I love this forum, but that topic is about as old and beat to death as the V6 v. V8 argument, or the stick v. auto.
V6 is better.....
Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #97
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Drives: CGM 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ride View Post
Every now and then Id give my car a little gas and "encourage" them to try a little harder... It feels like arm wrestling a 5 year old.
LeL... yea its fun sometimes to see just how fast they're willing to go so they can pass you.. lol
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #98
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Drives: CGM 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
Really? you sure you don't just sit in them making engine sounds?

-Sent by an OH-58D Kiowa guy stirring the pot.
lmao
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote