Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #85
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by avacamaro View Post
The 18" corvette wheels will not work unless you buy spacers. The spacers you will need cost $135 each. This means it's not worth using the C6 wheels. I know because I tried and have C6 wheels (18"). Just buy light wheels that will fit. Buy the way I have 2- 18" X 10.5" 5 spoke C6 wheels for sale.
Can you clarify this please? I'm at the track right now with a Camaro running c6 wheels. I also ran the C6 z06 18 x 9.5 with no spacers.

Thank you.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #86
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Can you clarify this please? I'm at the track right now with a Camaro running c6 wheels. I also ran the C6 z06 18 x 9.5 with no spacers.

Thank you.
What times are you running Jamie?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #87
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Thanks Mike!!! Let me know what you can find. I should have bought a set from you when you were selling them before!!! I'm such a dummy!!!
Hope to get the info on the other place which was in California on Monday. Maybe we can do a group buy or something. I'll probably be needing a set too. Like a dummy I sold my own set w/ tires thinking the ZL would use something a bit different. Still might go w/ some black Forgestars.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #88
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
the c6 aftermarket repro,s have diff backspacing then the oem rims...also ran the 18inch grand sport wheels with no spacer...only diff between the vette rim and the camaro is the bolt pattern, vette is different by less then 1mm, they slightly spread your studs and would suggest to check for tight every run...
Old 07-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #89
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post

Thank you.
I read another post somewhere that said clearly the front C6 Vette 18" wheels were a perfect fit. Thanks for clarifying that. Maybe Supercharged SS was thinking C6 Z06 19" wheels? Not sure.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #90
Dan2510

Drives: 2012 LS3 2SS/RS IBM
Holy confused. SO which vette rim can I get that doesn't require spacers or adapters?

Can I order this rim with a 53 offset
http://www.wheelreplica.com/z06.html
Dan2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #91
Dan2510

Drives: 2012 LS3 2SS/RS IBM
And just to clarify...the C6 rim will not fit unless you get spacers?

http://www.factoryreproductions.com/...6-Z06-c141.htm
Dan2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #92
2FNQUIK

Drives: Trailblazer SS
Bump because this is some FUNNY stuff

*ninja edit: this shit is HILARIOUS
2FNQUIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #93
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Holy old thread batman
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #94
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
yes but kind of helpful and funny

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #95
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow you guys brought back an ollldddd thread of mine
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:14 AM   #96
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I will agree they are better than a stock tire but they still spin. I am not sure what your definition of "just fine" is but I have had Nittos, BFGs, and MT ET Streets and Street Radials on my street cars and Nittos are terrible for good 60 fts.

With a MT you can dump the clutch at 6 grand if you want and they will hook and that is with 850 HP in my Z06....

I have had Nitto 555Rs with 400 HP that don't hook.... To me, a 1.8 or 1.9 60 ft isn't even worth driving to the track. A stock powered car will get a 1.65 60 ft when it hooks so anything less is less than an ideal run, why bother? Because going in a straight line in 13.5 seconds is "fun?"

I race NHRA and IHRA Super Stock, race shifter karts, own some very high HP cars, tune stock cars and trucks as well as powerful ones.... I don't know what your background is besides having a supercharger on a Camaro but encouraging people to spend good money on tires to take to the track that simply do not have great traction is a horrible recommendation.

Why not just use what works best the first time??? The guy didn't say he wants a daily driver tire that works better than stock at the drag strip. he asked where he can get some decent drag radials. Key word is decent. Decent starts at BFG. Nittos are hardly decent (for the strip).

OP, if you are looking for something to use at the strip (and drive to and from the strip) I recommend Mickey Thompsons all day long. If you are looking for something you can put on your car without swapping them out, BFGs are better than Nittos but either will work.

If you go with MT, keep in mind radials are great for an automatic but if you have a stick, I only use ET Streets (non-radials). The sidewall takes the hit of the stick much better, radials hop and break parts....

Here is a clip of my old Z06 on ET Streets (non radials). Headers and a 100 dry shot only (and Pfadt coilovers on road course mode, lol):

http://www.streetfire.net/video/2001...gto_139156.htm
I see TONS of tire info explaining your take on what's good or bad. I've set up suspensions that would allow old school Goodyear Polyglass GT tires to hook. Proper suspension tuning can get most any tire to hook. There are folks running 6 second quarter mile ETs on 10" tires.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:02 AM   #97
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I will agree they are better than a stock tire but they still spin. I am not sure what your definition of "just fine" is but I have had Nittos, BFGs, and MT ET Streets and Street Radials on my street cars and Nittos are terrible for good 60 fts.

With a MT you can dump the clutch at 6 grand if you want and they will hook and that is with 850 HP in my Z06....

I have had Nitto 555Rs with 400 HP that don't hook.... To me, a 1.8 or 1.9 60 ft isn't even worth driving to the track. A stock powered car will get a 1.65 60 ft when it hooks so anything less is less than an ideal run, why bother? Because going in a straight line in 13.5 seconds is "fun?"

I race NHRA and IHRA Super Stock, race shifter karts, own some very high HP cars, tune stock cars and trucks as well as powerful ones.... I don't know what your background is besides having a supercharger on a Camaro but encouraging people to spend good money on tires to take to the track that simply do not have great traction is a horrible recommendation.

Why not just use what works best the first time??? The guy didn't say he wants a daily driver tire that works better than stock at the drag strip. he asked where he can get some decent drag radials. Key word is decent. Decent starts at BFG. Nittos are hardly decent (for the strip).

OP, if you are looking for something to use at the strip (and drive to and from the strip) I recommend Mickey Thompsons all day long. If you are looking for something you can put on your car without swapping them out, BFGs are better than Nittos but either will work.

If you go with MT, keep in mind radials are great for an automatic but if you have a stick, I only use ET Streets (non-radials). The sidewall takes the hit of the stick much better, radials hop and break parts....

Here is a clip of my old Z06 on ET Streets (non radials). Headers and a 100 dry shot only (and Pfadt coilovers on road course mode, lol):

http://www.streetfire.net/video/2001...gto_139156.htm
The thread isn't about YOUR car(s) - am I supposed to be impressed? I'm not) and a tire that works for you. The thread is about what will work for the OP who doesn't seem to know much about tires, suspensions, or what works. With the right suspension, you can get most ANY quality tire to hook. Suspension tuning is an art that takes years of experience, especially if you run street tires.

For all we know, the OP has a big turbo that doesn't start winding good until about 2 - 2.5 seconds of WOT. 60' times don't mean squat for that.

Instead of talking what works for YOU, I would kindly ask the OP what his combination is. A wise racer who's worth his salt from a few hundred passes, can then, and ONLY then make a recommendation.

Hell, folks that couldn't tune a suspension to hook BIG block power on "modified" Goodyear Polyglass GT tires back in the day, never made the move up
Old 07-20-2014, 02:14 AM   #98
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Who knows....but it was apparently a big deal to Boson Higgenbottom the professional racer/photographer and most interesting man in the world so I figured I would add one to my post too.

"I don't always race on drag radials, but when I do, I prefer relined/rebelted Firestone Wide Ovals"