Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #211
cHaotix

Drives: 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Send a message via AIM to cHaotix Send a message via MSN to cHaotix Send a message via Yahoo to cHaotix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
And to answer your thread......Yes the Camaro is back. It has nice looks. Its new on the road. People have heard about them but maybe has not seen one yet. So yes, people will be happy to see it and it will get nods. Now, when more and more Camaro's hit the road, and they are no longer the "new" car on the block, it will come down to the individual take on their car. I guarantee you a "Stock" SS will not garner the same attention a year from now or so.

I garner attention in my mustang every time I take it out. Why ? It does not look like a common Mustang. It stands out. People look and go "Wow ! Man that car looks mean." "Wow ! I never seen side exhaust like that on a stang!" "Wow I like that hole in the hood...is that shaker real ???" "Man look at those rims..they look stock but there not...thats cool"

I had a guy today while I was at lunch at subway who came in and ask who's mustang that was in the lot. I raised my hand and he came over and we talked for 20 mins. He congratulated me on having a bad ass mustang. One he felt he has never seen done like it before. He then pulled out his 69 Camaro RS and his 86 Mustang he was going to setup. very nice cars.

Cars when new or make a return will always stand out .... for a while. Then it will come down to what's done and how YOU keep your car for it to still stand out.
Because you totally can't mod the exterior on a Camaro.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #212
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Hey Ninjak,

When are the 5.0L GT's going to show up exactly?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #213
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
[IMG]
"I am the principal at Zoolander's school for kids who cant read .. good."
Hansel: So I'm <TYPING IN A CAMARO VS POST> when suddenly I slip, and I start to fall. Just falling, ahh ahh, I'll never forget the terror. When suddenly I realize "Holy shit, Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?"

Derek Zoolander: And?

Hansel: And it was. I was totally fine. I've never even <DRIVEN A CAMARO>

^^^^Fixed a Zoolander quote to represent 80% of the posts in this thread....
Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 PM   #214
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHaotix View Post
Because you totally can't mod the exterior on a Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak
Cars when new or make a return will always stand out .... for a while. Then it will come down to what's done and how YOU keep your car for it to still stand out.
Just because I think you missed this the first time around....or should I reword it ?

Ok. Your car, ANY car that has been MIA or has a new look will stand out because it's the NEW KID ON THE BLOCK. After the shiny new newness wear's off, the car will be judge on how the INDIVIDUAL who owns the car has kept it looking new, and perhaps has MODDED it to stand apart from the crowd.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #215
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Hey Ninjak,

When are the 5.0L GT's going to show up exactly?
No clue. I ask a guy I know over at Metro....they have pretty close ties to Ford it seems..they always get a special make, or limited model....he was saying before the new year, Dec. That's his thoughts. He told me he just returned from a dealer only show were they talked about it. He admit he did not get to see it in the car, but he did see it on the stand.

So...time will tell I guess....I think the 2010 have run their course. GM has called and they have good cards. Its not a bluff. Ford needs to make a move because the Mustang crowd while loyal, will not sit idly by and watch Camaro's run the streets why we sit with a 6yr old platform 4.6. Well those who are still stock They clamor for the return of the 5.0 and Ford hears their cry..Powa ! Powa to the people !
Old 08-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #216
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Just because I think you missed this the first time around....or should I reword it ?

Ok. Your car, ANY car that has been MIA or has a new look will stand out because it's the NEW KID ON THE BLOCK. After the shiny new newness wear's off, the car will be judge on how the INDIVIDUAL who owns the car has kept it looking new, and perhaps has MODDED it to stand apart from the crowd.
True. Remember when the PT Cruiser first came out? Believe it or not, it was getting a lot of the attention and 2nd looks that Camaro's are enjoying today.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:15 PM   #217
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
True. Remember when the PT Cruiser first came out? Believe it or not, it was getting a lot of the attention and 2nd looks that Camaro's are enjoying today.
I know what would draw a crowd. How bout a golfer with an arm growing out of his @$$
Old 08-31-2009, 07:18 PM   #218
Parker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
^^Like Happy Gilmore?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 PM   #219
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Attachment 50545

WE'RE YELLING BECAUSE SOMEONE OWNS A CHALLENGER AND S197S ARE 6 YEARS OLD. CAN'T YOU KEEP UP WITH YOUR READING SKILLS ZEUS?

YES I EDITED THIS BECAUSE I FOUND A BETTER LEVAR BURTON PICTURE

Damn you Icky for that!! It took over 16 hours to get that lame theme song out of my head and here we go again!!

And Zeus you didn't help either!! lol
Old 08-31-2009, 11:21 PM   #220
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

or my personal Fav...

Old 08-31-2009, 11:30 PM   #221
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:

or my personal Fav...

Oh no..... well... only one thing left to do

:slice:

I still want a Camaro.... No amount of torture will stop that!!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:48 PM   #222
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
You do realize if the "gotta have it" and "fun to drive" factors were not there, the Camaro STILL would have not beaten the Mustang and in fact would have scored 3rd........... Get over it. the Camaro lost, big whoop te do. It's a Magazine. If everyone bought cars by Magazines the last Caddy SRX would have been a huge sales success, everyone wanting a sporty car would buy a BMW, and everyone looking for a family vehicle would drive a Honda. I like the Challenger, between the 3 it is currently leading in what I want to purchase in a year. So what if the Rags rate it 3rd, it's there opinion and not exactly fact.......
The point is these categories are stupid.

They missed some of the most important ones;
Best blue tone Mustang 100.
Best placement of spare tire Camaro -100, maybe,
Highest surface area of glass Challenger 135.
Most misspelled American Muscle car Camero 120
Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #223
CrazyTurbo98TA

Drives: 1998 WS6 441 LSX
this is from a ford worker who has 2010ss.. look at where the ss lacked..rear seat,trunk space,ride comfort lmao.. lets put it this way ive owned 16 mustangs, still own a 99, test drove a 09 and a 10 gt, now im 6'2 265lbs i got shoulders like a defensive tackle,i am wayyyy more comffortable in my 2010 ss than any mustang i owned and/ drove! now anyone who buys a sports car dont care about the back seat or trunk space! just my .02
Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM   #224
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
Oh no..... well... only one thing left to do

:slice:

I still want a Camaro.... No amount of torture will stop that!!
bill, bill, bill, bill, bill, bill.

Closed Thread