Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #1
Cars and Tea
Banned

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Considering a BMW E92 M3 instead of Gen 6 Camaro TALK ME OUT OF IT

Considering a BMW E92 M3 instead of Gen 6 Camaro

TALK ME OUT OF IT!!!

GO!!!
Cars and Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:38 PM   #2
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Cost of maintenance

/thread
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #3
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
How many miles and how much?

M3=Less power, less fuel economy, more upkeep cost, higher insurance..
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #4
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Why are you considering the M3?
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:10 PM   #5
Cars and Tea
Banned

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet757 View Post
Why are you considering the M3?
I always wanted one.
Cars and Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #6
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
Cost of maintenance

/thread
Ha!

Precisely what I was going to say when I saw the thread title.

Seriously though. Check out the maintenance schedule for a M3 and then the associated $ amounts BMW charges for the services.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #7
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars and Tea View Post
I always wanted one.
I personally want peace of mind. IMHO I love the way M3's looks, but I wouldnt want to deal with their maintenance or insurance cost.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #8
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Cost of maintenance

/thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
How many miles and how much?

M3=Less power, less fuel economy, more upkeep cost, higher insurance..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Ha!

Precisely what I was going to say when I saw the thread title.

Seriously though. Check out the maintenance schedule for a M3 and then the associated $ amounts BMW charges for the services.
I'm sure he understands the maintenance costs if he's looking at buying one. Don't forget maintenance is included for the duration of the factory warranty.

While an M3 may have less rated power the 0-60 of 3.9 seconds is right in the wheelhouse of a 2016 Camaro SS manual.

Where the Camaro beats the BMW is balls out torque. If you like winding an engine up to get power buy the M3 because no one here can logically talk you out if that's your thing.

But if you'd rather your ass get planted into your seat from the second you tap the accelerator, buy the Camaro SS.

And if you'd rather your car remain reliable past the end of the warranty, buy a Camaro SS.

End of story.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #9
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
If you do end up going for the M series.... I would sincerely ask you to wait until Spring and get the M2... its going to be way more awesome ....
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:55 PM   #10
terri_Lovehands

Drives: 2016 1LT RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars and Tea View Post
I always wanted one.
I mean in my opinion, if its a car you always wanted then just get it! If your more worried about costs and resale value and all that stuff then just heavily research it and make a more educated opinion. The main reason I want a Camaro is because I've always wanted one since i was a child so its more of a passion thing, cars are full of passion so go with the one you want.
terri_Lovehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:18 PM   #11
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
But if you'd rather your ass get planted into your seat from the second you tap the accelerator, buy the Camaro SS. .

Can't wait to experience that for the first time!!
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #12
addisonpeterson
Bad Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by terri_Lovehands View Post
I mean in my opinion, if its a car you always wanted then just get it! If your more worried about costs and resale value and all that stuff then just heavily research it and make a more educated opinion. The main reason I want a Camaro is because I've always wanted one since i was a child so its more of a passion thing, cars are full of passion so go with the one you want.
Agreed. I bought my Camaro because its something I've always wanted as a kid. You better believe if I have an opportunity I will totally buy a Lamborghini another dream car.
addisonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:46 AM   #13
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Quote:
Cost of maintenance

/thread
True.

Not only that, but the interior in E9x BMWs are rubbish.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:12 AM   #14
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
I have an Audi TTRS that's tuned to about 3.6 seconds to 0-60...

Did ALOT of research back in 2012 in regards to performance, daily drive utility, handling and track driving . Considered a wide range of cars including the M3....

I'm the guy the airport magazine shops hate because I read EVERY new car mag issue front to back I order to stay ahead on current new cars being released, model cycle and developments of the next generation of cars.

I will say this.... The GM Nurburgring Test Program has come full circle... This has first born fruit in Cadillac and the new C7 corvette just in the last couple years... In the past, German brands had a tangible and legitimate handling advantage over GM performance cars. ( I made my selection in late 2011 before the new C7 corvette was released )

UNLESS status and European interiors are extremely import at to you, GM has caught up and now surpassed brands like BMW who have quite frankly gone soft...

How much does an M4 weigh now? Look at how well Cadillac has competed and bested car performance divisions like BMW M and Merc AMG IN HANDLING AND PERFORMANCE, the traditional wheelhouse of these Euro brands...

We are living in a great age where technology like MRC and high levels of driver mode customizations that were once reserved for 75,000 to $100,000+ sport cars or ultra special edition sub models has trickled down to accessible performance for the masses.

I challenge you to find another sport coupe that has as many features, performance and value as a 2016 Camaro 2SS...

To out it into perspective, my $60,000 ( 2012 USD) sport coupe has Gen 2 MRC that only has two modes and no customization of drivers modes... I can tell u how frustrated I get when I want the sport mode throttle for fun rev matching in daily driving while having to drive over bad roads in the rock hard track setting... I find myself constantly having to switch modes and had to zip tie close my vacuum controlled exhaust butterfly valve so I can keep the track mode exhaust always on ( it won't stay open in idle or low throttle like the electric motor driven GM model)

I had Recaro seats as a $5500 option, no rev matching on the manual and a stock performance ( 0-60, lateral G ) equivalent of the Gen6 2SS THAT HAS FAR MORE technology features than my car for $45 k in 2016 U.S. Dollars.... ( I'm sure Recaros will make it back in as an affordable option soon for far less, perhaps as soon as the summer when one of the Z Gen6 cars are unveiled )

I can tell you I love my TTRS, but there is no way I am keeping it once the warranty expires... Insurance alone is ridiculous due to the amount of aluminum in the frame and outside body panels....

I am DEFINATELY trading it in when the 1LE is released since I believe in the performance and value of a vehicle when compared to its peers , not what others ( who are almost always far less informed) think the brand is worth or if gold diggers will think I'm loaded because I drive Euro.

European performance cars still have a place, but their price premium is completely unwarranted and based upon the publics ignorance of the current playing field , perceived social status, and cashing in on their old reputation.

Last edited by aa406079; 11-09-2015 at 03:30 AM.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote