Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
zeeya

Drives: 10 2SS Transform yel/blk RS SS GFX
Exclamation Dye stitching in interior

Hello all I was surfing around not too long ago & came across a member who had dyed his stitching yellow to match color of his camaro. He posted pictures of the actual process and results. The tube of dye was also pictured. I have been searching for hours/days to try & find this info with no luck. If anyone knows the link to this member or knows of the dye that will turn the stitching from White to Yellow please post info for me. Thanks for the help.
2010 Transformers 2SS RS GFX painted to match, 20" Polished Aluminuim Wheels, Custom Engine cover, Sunroof, Thin Black fin inserts, SLP LT Headers with Hi Flow Cats, MBRP 3" Catback Exhaust with X pipe, Aggresive Mufflers & Squire tips, 160 Degree Thermostat, Performance MAF sensor, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablo 93 Octane Tune installed, Hennessey CIA, Yellow Stiching & Door panels with dash inserts. Sloted & Cross Drilled F/R Rotors Stainless Steel Braided brake lines..Sub woofer & amp speaker box

Last edited by zeeya; 09-06-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: wrong spot
zeeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Let me know when you find him.
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
He regretted it after doing it. The color started to wear off within 2 weeks. If you want new stitching buy the new parts with it. IMO
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
zeeya

Im in eastern PA do you know of a good place to have the stitching redone?
2010 Transformers 2SS RS GFX painted to match, 20" Polished Aluminuim Wheels, Custom Engine cover, Sunroof, Thin Black fin inserts, SLP LT Headers with Hi Flow Cats, MBRP 3" Catback Exhaust with X pipe, Aggresive Mufflers & Squire tips, 160 Degree Thermostat, Performance MAF sensor, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablo 93 Octane Tune installed, Hennessey CIA, Yellow Stiching & Door panels with dash inserts. Sloted & Cross Drilled F/R Rotors Stainless Steel Braided brake lines..Sub woofer & amp speaker box
Old 09-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
zeeya

Talking

[ATTACH][ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]Ok people mission acomplished stitching dyed all ok I used this tube of acrylic paint and took my time applieing it. The Matching door panels and dash pieces just arrived. I am looking for advise on the install. I do have directions that came with parts but thought i would talk to someone who already installed them on there car.
Attached Images

Last edited by zeeya; 09-08-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 09-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #6
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeya View Post
Ok people mission acomplished stitching dyed all ok I used this tube of acrylic paint and took my time applieing it. The Matching door panels and dash pieces just arrived. I am looking for advise on the install. I do have directions that came with parts but thought i would talk to someone who already installed them on there car.
WOW! I think the "SS" is overdone but the stiching looks fantastic! Nice job.

Here is a link I found to this paint >HERE<
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #7
Allen English
Every day is a happy day

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS BLK/BLK
That looks real good.

Would you keep us posted on durability?
Allen English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #8
zeeya

Smile Stitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen English View Post
That looks real good.

Would you keep us posted on durability?

I will let everyone know with post and pics as time goes by. I did however speak to another member of this forum and he did his over a year ago and it still looks good.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
zeeya

check out the panels and dash trim i just finished installing them this morning, this with the stitching looks Great!!!
Name:  custom doors.jpg
Views: 18134
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  IMG00035-20100910-1144.jpg
Views: 17013
Size:  111.8 KB

Name:  IMG00036-20100910-1144.jpg
Views: 17052
Size:  146.9 KB
Old 09-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #10
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
dude, very nice.

Lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
looks good so how long and what process did you use to apply it?
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 AM   #12
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
very nice job
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
asmith10

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Could we just use the dye that you can buy at the store to dye clothes different colors?
asmith10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #14
zeeya

Exclamation Reeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
WOW! I think the "SS" is overdone but the stiching looks fantastic! Nice job.

Here is a link I found to this paint >HERE<

the tube i bought is from AC MOORE and it was around $5.00 the color is Medium Yellow. I wouldnt use the bottle..