Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 11-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
NOLA Motor Sports Park New Orleans,LA

Hey guys, I know some people have wondered about the track they are opening in Avondale, just outside of New Orleans.

I worked there and for the owner through college (detailing his ferrari's, lambos, zr1, porsches, etc), now that Ive graduated I am an accountant, but my mother in law is actually an executive there and I still know the owner as well as the employees, so im still in touch with everything going on there.

The website is www.nolamotor.com and you can tons of info and pictures there if you want.

It is in new orleans, but is made to accomodate the whole country, especially since northern tracks must close for the winter, they ship or drive their cars down here, and will have on-site hotels, etc. Still cool to look at anyway if you arent in the south

-A lot of people think it is members only, IT ISNT, it is open to the PUBLIC on "track days" where you can come in, pay a fee, and use the road course.

- Originally there were going to be no national events, this is not true anymore, they will host all types of events there.

-Yes it is expensive to be a member, but again you dont have to be a member

-There is a separate karting track that is already running and open to the public, the main road course will be open in a matter of weeks. It was built in stages and the north track is completely done, the other track is done paving, and the third phase is just starting if I remember correctly.

-This will be the longest track in north america when it is complete!

-There will be an awesome 4 wheel dyno and a speed shop, so you can get Mods done on site and dynoed all at once! They got an expert from California and shipped him over here to run the shop

-Initially there was not going to be a drag strip, and now they are going to take one of the many straight-aways and modify it so it can double as a 1/4 track.

-Its a world class facility, and was originally intended for the wealthy in mind with the whole Country club feel, but will accomodate everyone.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to get the answers!
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
heres one of the pictures from the press conference we had a while ago before building started.

From early 2010, so that was the first Camaro I had seen in person if I remember correctly.

Ferrari 599, Camaro SS, Ferrari f430, Mercedes SL 65 AMG (6.5 V12 Dual Turbo), ferrari testarossa, Ford GT (gt40)
Attached Images