Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #29
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I would demand substantial money back, specifically the value of 1 door and 1 mirror plus paint. I would happily collect on those values in the form of parts.
Cost of a brand new door and mirror, painted and then replaced and then subtracted from the MSRP.. I would not accept any body-work on the car whatsoever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
R6P code. Kinda special edition number. I don't really know how to explain it. Something about the documentation makes the car worth more in the future.

Who cares if it is worth more..the car has been in an accident.. Unless a brand new door and mirror are sent for replacement and not some dealer body-man, then it is stupid to take home the car for MSRP as if it was new.. Find out from GM how quickly they can get you a new one built considering your situation, if not how quick;y can they order a new door and mirror in Imperial Blue..
Old 05-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #30
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
As long as there is no structural damage or broken weld seams, I would make sure they repaired the car properly and not worry.

These are very minor issues really. When you get into what I mentioned above then we have a serious problem.

If done right and you have your low serial number, I would go with it.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #31
CamaroEd

Drives: 2005 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by carls241 View Post
My car arrived today, Damaged. Passenger mirror busted off, scratches in multiple area's in the paint, dings, and a c pillar dent, most likeley from the mirror. She is being quarantined at a GM level 2 hold until the GM rep can get their on Monday. I ordered pre-orders on Day 1

Question on your opinons;
A. Woulld you accept a damaged then repaired car as new?

B. Would you consider losing the uniqueness of pre-order, low vin 4372 etc...and take a replacement?

Thanks for your thoughts
I would let them fix it
Iam sure they will give you a discount maybe $1,500.00 or more
CamaroEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #32
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Cost of a brand new door and mirror, painted and then replaced and then subtracted from the MSRP.. I would not accept any body-work on the car whatsoever...

Who cares if it is worth more..the car has been in an accident.. Unless a brand new door and mirror are sent for replacement and not some dealer body-man, then it is stupid to take home the car for MSRP as if it was new.. Find out from GM how quickly they can get you a new one built considering your situation, if not how quick;y can they order a new door and mirror in Imperial Blue..
Oh, believe me I would expect nothing less than a new door and mirror
Old 05-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #33
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
I say you take the car but with a hefty discount ad make sure they repair it so it looks brand spanking new
Old 05-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #34
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cketdr View Post
I agree, provided the repairs are done so that the car is perfect.

Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #35
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Shinzon: For Me ....No Way.....Unless the gave $$$$ discount , which they wont....

And you know they won't...how?

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #36
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
No discount, and it's theirs.

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #37
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
WOW! That sucks - sorry to see this. Unfortunately we are seeing too much of this. Who are they hiring to move these things, monkeys?

I have yet to receive my car and after finally becoming comfortable with believing the dealer is going to treat me right (no extra charges, etc.) through delivery, and by the way he has never done anything to make me believe otherwise - it's just there have been so many horror stories in this site, now I am concerned with the delivery.

By the way, you will not be able to keep the same VIN when ordering a replacement. And you have no recourse against the dealer to ask for a discount, it's not their fault, although it might not hurt to ask anyhow. If you turn the car down they will fix it and sell it at sticker or above to someone who comes along. Yes - it has been damaged but they may be able to fix it up so no one but you will know. Tough decision and I hope I don't have to experience your pain.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #38
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
WOW! That sucks - sorry to see this. Unfortunately we are seeing too much of this. Who are they hiring to move these things, monkeys?

I have yet to receive my car and after finally becoming comfortable with believing the dealer is going to treat me right (no extra charges, etc.) through delivery, and by the way he has never done anything to make me believe otherwise - it's just there have been so many horror stories in this site, now I am concerned with the delivery.

By the way, you will not be able to keep the same VIN when ordering a replacement. And you have no recourse against the dealer to ask for a discount, it's not their fault, although it might not hurt to ask anyhow. If you turn the car down they will fix it and sell it at sticker or above to someone who comes along. Yes - it has been damaged but they may be able to fix it up so no one but you will know. Tough decision and I hope I don't have to experience your pain.
Their driver caused the accident so it is their fault.. They may have done this on purpose to keep the car so they could mark it up as well.. I wouldn't put it past a dealer nowadays considering what we have seen so far.. However I doubt even a dealer would go thru that trouble..
Old 05-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #39
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Discount and pristine repair or another car.

I think about $1000 off should do it.

Good luck.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #40
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
I guessed I missed that. I thought the car hawler did the damage.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #41
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
man that sucks.. i would have went ballistic on some one... tough call tho... I would make them fix it knock off a couple grand and tell them to throw in some performance mods
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #42
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
definitely just have them fix it
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote