Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #57
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Unless I'm missing something, this is just carelessness on the part of the transporter somewhere along the line. And the mirrors not folding has nothing to do with it because they don't extend past the widest part of the car.

Years ago, I used to see new cars come into the dealer with bullet holes in them because the farmers thought it was great sport to use them as target practice while they were on the trains. Windows blown out, bullet holes in body panels, cars falling between the ramps as the truck driver was driving them off the truck...any number of things can happen.

It is not necessarily GM's fault and it is possible the reason the rep wants to look at it is so they can start their investigation to find out where the fault lies. I can 100% assure you there is no way that GM shipped this vehicle from the plant to you in this condition. Does anyone really think they would?

Sit with the rep, see what they have to say and see what they offer to do. They may even be quite willing to replace damaged panels. Keep in mind that when they receive the panels in question, they could be damaged by shipping as well. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that.

Just talk with your dealer and the rep. I know you've waited a while for this car...we all have been waiting a long time...but keep your cool and see what they offer to do. See what the options are. Advise them what you would like to see. Don't get heated and don't be over demanding. GM will make these problems right for you, or any one of us in the same situation, but you have to be calm, cool, collected and not go in there demanding the world.

Just my humble opinion.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #58
bdebde
That's All Folks

Drives: '87 Z-28
Just say NO
bdebde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #59
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I definitely would be over-demanding..DOn't settle for anything less than a HUGE discount considering the car's re-sale value not only has dropped because of the carfax accident report but the re-paint won't last as long as the rest of the car. Don't settle for anything less than $5,000 off the MSRP price..
Old 05-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #60
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
The $5000 discount won't happen...they'd be able to sell the car for at least MSRP if he walked.

I would walk.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #61
carls241

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thanks for the comments group.

I must add, my dealer has been great, and I do not place any blame on them for this issue.

GM, does decide on who does and does not transport their vehicles, as well as owns them until accepted by the dealer. So I do consider GM 100% responsible for this issue. I am anxiously awaiting to have a dicussion on Monday, in a professional of manner as possible.
carls241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #62
Bewenched

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Bewenched Send a message via MSN to Bewenched
Oh.... hearing your story makes my stomach hurt. Mine is set to be delivered first part of next week. I think I'd be physically ill!

If that wasn't transport damage then how the heck did their "driver" hit?

Those scratches on the hood look suspiciously like they hit something or a tire blew. Very odd scratches! A friend of mine had a blow out once and the tire came apart... the steel belts scratched the hell out of his hood too. Be sure to check the undercarriage and I'd make them check the tire on that side.. I didn't see the tires in your photos, but I'd bet you the date on the tires are vastly different and you'll probably see "claw" marks from having the tire replaced. Here's a link to help you determine the tire date.

I think GM could send them a brand new hood and brand new door so that way you don't lose the baked on finish. That pillar is going to be the hardest to fix and would most likely need filler (bondo) and if that's the case I'd wait for a replacement.

Your dealership should be able to pull one from another one since many are being closed soon.
Bewenched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #63
Parker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Well that sucks! It could be worse though, what if the the top ramp on the trailer fell on it? It does happen sometimes.

If it were me I'd have the repairs be done so nobody could ever tell and take it as is. I would probably try to get a little extra too: discount, free services, or a GM accessory; but they are not required to do anything other than repair it.

If you try asking for too much they'll probably say no and sell it to someone else who doesn't know or care.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #64
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Unless I'm missing something, this is just carelessness on the part of the transporter somewhere along the line. And the mirrors not folding has nothing to do with it because they don't extend past the widest part of the car.

Years ago, I used to see new cars come into the dealer with bullet holes in them because the farmers thought it was great sport to use them as target practice while they were on the trains. Windows blown out, bullet holes in body panels, cars falling between the ramps as the truck driver was driving them off the truck...any number of things can happen.

It is not necessarily GM's fault and it is possible the reason the rep wants to look at it is so they can start their investigation to find out where the fault lies. I can 100% assure you there is no way that GM shipped this vehicle from the plant to you in this condition. Does anyone really think they would?

Sit with the rep, see what they have to say and see what they offer to do. They may even be quite willing to replace damaged panels. Keep in mind that when they receive the panels in question, they could be damaged by shipping as well. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that.

Just talk with your dealer and the rep. I know you've waited a while for this car...we all have been waiting a long time...but keep your cool and see what they offer to do. See what the options are. Advise them what you would like to see. Don't get heated and don't be over demanding. GM will make these problems right for you, or any one of us in the same situation, but you have to be calm, cool, collected and not go in there demanding the world.

Just my humble opinion.
Great advice and I agree.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #65
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
I see a nice discount in the horizon
Old 05-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #66
Ranger 75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
Good luck at being calm, cool and collected! If it were me they could shove it up their arse.
Ranger 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #67
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
i agree with pretty much everyone else, some form of a discount, whether in a cash discount on the purchase, or some sort of credit on maintenance/parts/accessories or something along those lines.

keep us posted on how this turns out for you!
i'd like to see how the dealer handles this.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #68
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more
No way would I take that car after a repair. If I get a special car like that I want it perfect from day 1.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:32 PM   #69
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
My final advice is get GM to give you a discount on another brand new Camaro for your troubles and be patient and wait. Have them give you GMS discount which is over $1,000 and another $1,000 back to you on top of that.. I think $2,000 off another camaro order is good enough.. If they want you to take the damaged one, I wou;dn't accpet no less than $5,000 which as others have stated probably isn't going to happen on top of them repairing it.. So in reality I would not accept this vehicle..
Old 05-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #70
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I think some people should grow up and shed off this idea of 'entitlement'.

Car was damaged, that sucks yes. Dealership should fix it. But all this crap about massive money off and whatnot. You know folks other people need to live too, and trying your best to undercut so hard is what made, most of your jobs go to china. When will we learn?

However when/if you get the car it should look like new and have no trace of this misshap.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote