Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 AM   #29
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
I don't have room for anything else and though I believe XM/Sirius will be an option on the Camaro, :
XM will be standard, not an option
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #30
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider-No.9 View Post
I would like a Nav option but I doubt it. Does Chevy offer any Nav options at all other than Onstar? I don't mind Onstar so much either it looks like it has a lot of other benefits also. Although I'm not too hot about the Big Brother feeling.
Chevy has nav in the corvette, silverado, avalanche, tahoe, suburban, and the trailblazer. OnStar is not like "big brother", it's actually a great safety feature.

and the equinox

Last edited by Chevyrocker; 06-18-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: forgot one...
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #31
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Dude - It's gonna have On-Star turn by turn navigation with Driver Information Center that along with audio commands will give you a visual arrow of which way to turn. G8 has it now, no nav screen in it either. Some reviewers actually prefer it.

Not to mention On Star can unlock your door if you lock your keys in the car, etc.

Your wife will unfortunately have you so busted...Maybe you can pull the fuse for on star and tell her it's broken.

What he said. I wouldn't count on a pop up nav. screen.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #32
5thGenAnyone?
I'm thirsty

Drives: 1 speed bike
Quote:
Personally, i would love a nav/dvd/mp3/cd option. I have an aftermarket touch screen unit like this in my car now, and its amazing, and its a lot cleaner to have it right there with all the extras than a random screen on my dash or window. And a very key word here is OPTION. There are simple solutions for this argument, just like in other cars. If you want it you can get it. If you dont want it then you get the stock system. Simple as that. Option is a very friendly word here.
That's exactly what ive been saying! Options, Options, Options!!! Even if im 99% sure im not going to get something on my maro i still would at least like the Option of changing my mind and getting it anyway. Well said Camaro Crazy, plus i noticed ur in Victorville. Im just down the road at Ft. Irwin.
5thGenAnyone? is offline   Reply With Quote