Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #29
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
President Obama has the one only 2010 camaro z28 ever produced and does not want nobody else to own one
Old 06-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #30
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Well you got the second part right...
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #31
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Sadly the Z is Dead

Under the current Obama Motors Corporation, in 2011 all you will be able to get is a Smallibu or a Sad Turn. If you haven't ordered your Camaro, do so before all you can get is the 2 Cylinder Cameo.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #32
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdevine View Post
Under the current Obama Motors Corporation, in 2011 all you will be able to get is a Smallibu or a Sad Turn. If you haven't ordered your Camaro, do so before all you can get is the 2 Cylinder Cameo.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #33
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdevine View Post
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
there's a 2010 camaro???
Old 06-14-2009, 01:43 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I think this is BULL SHHHHHHHt. They just need to come out with the damn Z28 already. I mean...IT'S DONE. They will SELL. GM needs the sales! Screw it! What, GM....you can have the freaking CORVETTE AND ZR1, but you can't have the darn Z28?!?!?!

THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE>

and let's try to stay away from Government motors and how Obama wants to run GM's company. ...please....by making everything electric and 500mpg's.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #35
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Regarding the Z28, I'd say that it all depends on the sale's numbers: if the camaro makes big numbers, if aftermarket companies (lingen and so on) make big selling numbers too, I guesss Chevy won't spit on that money and will make the car.

The thing is easy: chevy will make the car if it's profitable. The more you guys buy SS,the more you mod'em, the biggest are my chances to get a Z28, ZL1 or whatever you call the 550hp model

So, buy a lot of cars! please!
Old 06-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #36
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Actually, I'd say the Z28 depends on the Camaro team making the correct decision as to what the Z28 actually will be, considering the heritage of the original Z, the threat posed by a lighter-weight, soon to be equally powerful competitor sporting a track pack, regulations, the reality of gas prices, and the shift in preferences for performance. Also it should be acknowledged that any tuner can make a supercharged high-horse beast and be CAFE exempt. It would seem that the correct decision would be easy to come to and we would soon get a real Z28, but then again if GM were known for making obviously correct decisions they wouldn't be bankrupt now would they? What a shame.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #37
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
There's no plans for it....BUT.....what are the four "special" camaro's pedders suspension is working on in Auburn Hills MI......Hmmmmmmmmm
I don't know Scotty, what are they ?
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #38
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I think this is BULL SHHHHHHHt. They just need to come out with the damn Z28 already. I mean...IT'S DONE. They will SELL. GM needs the sales! Screw it! What, GM....you can have the freaking CORVETTE AND ZR1, but you can't have the darn Z28?!?!?!

and let's try to stay away from Government motors and how Obama wants to run GM's company. ...please....by making everything electric and 500mpg's.
Let's not forget the CTSV...

Cmon GM BRING IT!!!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #39
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:

Probably a very low selling car that has a small profit margin due to the component quality (and therefore cost), so when you're out begging for money it doesn't make sense to put out stuff that isn't going to help your bottom line.

I think once GM gets back on sure footing the Z28 will live, IF the Camaro is a good seller.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #40
Sctrjn21

Drives: 11 Ford Edge, 09 Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianRocky View Post
I agree.

Back in the day it was all about performance. Z28's and Boss 302's, L-88's and ZL1's, Hemi powered Cuda's with aluminum fenders, no radios and no heaters ... cars designed by men for men and women who where not afraid of driving a real car.

Now it seems to be about the Bling. 21 inch wheels & Navigation systems. I saw a 4 X 4 truck the other day with 21 inch car tires.

It might be old school, but it was good school.

Now excuse me while I get in line at the drive thru to get my non-dairy moca frapachino.
I dont think i really care to much to have a nav system from factory, but what i would have liked was a better lay out with the dash so I could install a aftermarket nav system at a later point in time.
Sctrjn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #41
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:

CALM DOWN!

I think everyone needs to stop and realize that the United States Government, a few weeks ago, passed HUGELY agressive CAFE standards-- we have to hit 35mpg as a corporate average (all manufacturers) in 5 years.

Don't Like It? Call your Congressman or Senator! Get a grass-roots effort going.

People!

Civic and Corolla and Aveo do NOT get 35mpg! They're almost there -- but they aren't quite!

(....I'm pleased to say that the Cobalt XFE gets 37!)

Now - stop for a minute: how do you get Silverados and Tahoes and Dodge Rams and F150s to improve fuel economy to the point where the corp. average is 35? (......sorry, but there is STILL a need for pickups in this country - and yes, there is a need for SUVS for some people...)

Now -- will everyone hit it?

.......I sure hope the U.S. makes do! (...I won't comment about foreign makes...)

Sooooooooo........

Lemme see:

Industry has cratered.

GM and Chrysler are in chapter 11

Ford most likely would be save for the fact that they mortgaged everything they own including the staplers on the desks prior to the credit crunch --

Toyota and Nissan lost Billions the last quarter.

..........now -- you're running GM.

Would YOU invest 10s of millions on a Z28 right now?

I'm not saying you won't ever see a Z28 -- but if you're holding off buying a Camaro for a Z28, may I suggest you go to your local Chevy Dealer and order an SS???

Who KNOWS what the future may hold? I say this only because Mr. Obama basically went along with California's demand......he felt that we must get ONE Federal fuel economy standard and one emissions standard -- and because California won in a court of law that they can set their own -- well -- the Federal government went along. Whagt happens if our California elected officials decide next week that we should get 50mpg?????????? What do YOU and WE do then???

Back to CAFE:

I love what Bob Lutz has said over and over -- and I'll paraphrase:

CAFE is like trying to cover America's weight problem by making everyone wear a size 4.................

And finally: our attorneys like it when I say "The opinions above are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of GM"
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #42
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
And finally: our attorneys like it when I say "The opinions above are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of GM"
lol. Gotta love the lawyers.... If only our country was run by lawyers... oh wait... it is.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote