Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #15
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
i swear i remember someone (apart of GM) saying that the z28 model was in one of their buildings or something like that waiting approval.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #16
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
i swear i remember someone (apart of GM) saying that the z28 model was in one of their buildings or something like that waiting approval.
Ofcourse they were working on the Z28, and it probably was the way Bumblebee looks in Transformores 2 without the funky paint job.. Makes sense the they have an IOM one that looks exactly like Bumblebee as the model in the background of the Z28 concept Michael Bay got to look at.. I highly doubt it that Michael bay hired someone to change around Bumblebee on his own without GM's approval and so forth.. As for the Z28 coming out anymore now that it is under new management. I doubt it..
Old 06-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #17
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
IIRC it was Welburn a while back. But that was before the gubment stepped in to all of this and how, out of smarts they've all fallen silent so as to maybe save it for a new light of day after this storm ends.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #18
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Those will end up rolling across a Barret Jackson stage in the future,
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #19
prostreet67

Drives: 67 prostreet

2LT/RS-RJT, auto, sunroof,
polished wheels, spare.
order placed 3/13
3000 5/27
brought home 7/30
prostreet67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #20
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
Its up to us to build our own Z28's from the SS

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #21
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
whats a Z28?

No what that actually is a model of is the 4cyl twin turbo model
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by FxsX24 View Post
not gonna happen, thats old GM, otherwise they would save the G8 or something and rebadge that
It probably wouldn't be simply rebadged. It would have to look more like a Buick. Remember that GM killed a lot of brands with Pontiac, Hummer, Saab, Opel, and Saturn. Losing those products from the GM inventory will create a vacuum that needs to be filled with some new products. In order to gain back some of the market share it will invariably lose with those sales. In order to compete with its former brands and earn back the trust of the almost 80% of buyers who will hesitate purchasing from a bankrupt brand, GM needs to bring fresh excitement to the brand. I would expect some super green future cars, like the Volt, to be complemented by some high-performance beasts. Adding a Buick variant of the Camaro will lower production costs by spreading parts across 2 surviving brands. Remember that Pontiac's removal from GM will make for a more expensive Camaro because so much of the Zeta is also available on the G8. Without a G8, the Camaro is more expensive to build. Maintaining inexpensive production costs will allow for the Camaro's price to stay level. In order to do that, a Zeta car must be added somewhere to GM's lineup. I think that this video may represent a hint that 1 of 2 things might happen: a Zeta Buick may be in the near future, based upon this post's speculation, or a new Camaro will be built based on designs from the Buick branch, based on the fact that the video discusses Buick's design team and products.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #23
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Look everyone,

Here are the facts. GM has a completed Z28 that is based off of the new Bumblebee in the new transformers movie. The car is built it exists.

Now For a miriad of reasons, all of which are extremely valid, GM has decided to put the Z28 on hold indefinitely. As in "no plans to build the Z28 as of now."

So, yes they did build it. No, it was never approved for production, and as of now, it is not expecteced to be.

But make no mistake it does exist....

Not that I've seen it or can confirm this in any way shape or form. I don't work for GM and No GM employee has ever spoken to me about said Z28...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #24
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I want to reiterate my earlier point. While this may not be an identified Camaro, it does not necessarily represent a Z28. The Z28 has not presented itself in any form thus far. We have not seen anything to indicate that a Z28 exists or is under development. We have had lots of rumors gone wild about the possibilities. I think we should consider that this may not be a Chevrolet at all. Image a Camaro being ported over to Buick as a GSX, Invicta, or Skylark.

Think about it. Why would the Camaro show up repeatedly in a Buick advertisement? Maybe it isn't a Camaro at all.
GM employee's are proud of all their cars - even sister brands in the line up.

As for "not seen anything to indicate...." I refer you to this Camaro5 post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
We have found a Camaro, or should I say the Mother of Camaro has found us and asked for help! We have discussed on the forums about our involvement with GM in many departments from Chevrolet, to Pontiac, to GM Racing, to Camaro platform staff and others. We recieved a call today from GM asking for help. They are having rear springs fall out of the Camaro from other suspension manufacturers on 4 VERY SPECIAL Camaros plus a Camaro that GM is building that will blow the socks off of everyone. Unfortunately, the world does not know about this Camaro and we cannot discuss it so do not ask!!

So Pete and I will be at a undisclosed GM facility doing a install with them present. The Xa coil overs will be going on this Camaro! When we do it, I will see if we have permission to discuss the Camaro and take pictures. Plus we will be able to test the before and after performance level. We are very excited!

Thanks to all

mike
dms

CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #25
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
GM employee's are proud of all their cars - even sister brands in the line up.

As for "not seen anything to indicate...." I refer you to this Camaro5 post:

I'm just suggesting that it could represent 1 of the 2 potential theories in my post:

• a Buick designer or design team designed a Z28 or other unique Camaro
• Buick may get a Zeta coupe based on the Camaro in the future

It is my hope that Buick gets a performance coupe and that a Z28 exist and that these are not mutually exclusive. It is also my hope that a ZL1, 1LE, or ZR1 Camaro exist.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #26
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Where does this mention anything about a Z?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #27
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Where does this mention anything about a Z?
We're all just noticing the Camaro in the background. It is suggestive, but the Camaro is never mentioned by any name.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #28
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I want to reiterate my earlier point. While this may not be an identified Camaro, it does not necessarily represent a Z28. The Z28 has not presented itself in any form thus far. We have not seen anything to indicate that a Z28 exists or is under development. We have had lots of rumors gone wild about the possibilities. I think we should consider that this may not be a Chevrolet at all. Image a Camaro being ported over to Buick as a GSX, Invicta, or Skylark.

Think about it. Why would the Camaro show up repeatedly in a Buick advertisement? Maybe it isn't a Camaro at all.
Blur, I'm sorry, I would normally agree with you on things like this, but whether it be a Z28 or not, that IS a Camaro in that photo. It may just be a Camaro with a prototype bodykit on it, or something like that, but I am 100% sure that it is a Camaro nonetheless.

I don't mean to sound contradictory or anything, or sound like I'm picking a fight. I might have misunderstood a little bit too, I don't know. But I have to disagree with you about it being a GNX or Skylark, etc. That it a Camaro in that photo.