Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
NorCalStorm

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
does Ashen Gray Metallic pop?!

It is finally time for me to start searching for a new camaro!! im hoping to have one by the end of june. I was supposed to be getting one mid march however stuff happens and it was delayed for a couple months but now it is time! I have been sold on white for months now but recently i have been growing more and more fond of ashen gray metallic! I have seen every color in person except for ashen gray.... so im just wondering if ashen gray "pops" or if it just seems more stealthy...or is ashen gray an attention getter like some of the brighter colors?!

thanks for bearing with me, im not too sure if this question makes sense so thank you for any help at all haha
NorCalStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Ashen grey looks cool, if the sun hits it just right.
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
AGM is very nice. its subtle and when up close in the sun those flakes really pop. white is really nice to. depends the look your going for
Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
No it snaps then kracles a little before the pop....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Love my AGM. I think both CGM and AGM are 2 of the best colors for the Camaro. It's classy yet stealthy and mean looking. AGM is not a "pop" color. I always get specific compliments on the color though.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 05-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
happycamper

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 AGM
In darker lighting, like in the garage, AGM looks a little black. In bright sun, it looks more gray and the metal flake is nice.

I think mine is very nice.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Not that Ive seen. Inferno Orange and Crystal Red pop
Old 05-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalStorm View Post
It is finally time for me to start searching for a new camaro!! im hoping to have one by the end of june. I was supposed to be getting one mid march however stuff happens and it was delayed for a couple months but now it is time! I have been sold on white for months now but recently i have been growing more and more fond of ashen gray metallic! I have seen every color in person except for ashen gray.... so im just wondering if ashen gray "pops" or if it just seems more stealthy...or is ashen gray an attention getter like some of the brighter colors?!

thanks for bearing with me, im not too sure if this question makes sense so thank you for any help at all haha
NorCalStorm,

I think that whatever you get, you'll be extremely happy with.

Best of luck!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
No, grey does not pop. Is it a nice color choice well that's up to you. IMO it looks pretty good.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
I like ashen grey it's a nice look, but definitely not a attention getter and it doesn't pop.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
serialmike

Drives: Camaro 1ls
I originally forever wanted a Yellow one. When I went to get one the only 1LS they had was an AGM. I liked it enough it was the right price and the deal was made.

When they cleaned it up and brought it out it was an OMG situation. She was pretty and so different. Different light changes the color a lot.

One thing to love about AGM is that when you tint the windows and throw black rims (any even the Heritage rims) the car has a bad ass look like black but better because there are not alot of AGM and there are alot of black.

This is also important. You need to seek out a clean one as dirty just wont due but thats the same for any color. Unlike other colors AGm does not show in pics. I have been trying and it is very very hard if not impossible to capture the color in an image.

Anyway I love love the AGM now even though it was not my first or even second choice but I am glad as hell I have it. When clean and detailed it Pops like a MuthaF@$%er
Old 05-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I love agm
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #13
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
I have to agree. Victory red pops, Yellow pops, synergy green pops. The gray is more suttle. Still a nice color.
Exactly
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #14
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
You want pop ...put these on!
Attached Images

CAI, Ported TB, Hurst ShortShifter,SkipShift Eliminator, 3.91 gears, Spohn rear TAs, BMR rear swaybar, Hedmen Shortys, Solo HF Cats, QTP Cutouts, DashLogic,Elite CC,Vitesse Throttle Controller,CurbAlert
Appearance:
20" Nitto Redlines, Rocket Muscle Boosters w/knockoff spinners,
Underbody LEDs, Footwell ,Dome & Door pull LEDs, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs, Chrome Ghost parking lights,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout, custom engine brace
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote