Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #85
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpin View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewaydave View Post
Your making it look easy! Very nice driving, your an asset to the Camaro family.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
.........not to mention the driver.

Out driving that blue corvette - that was the best.
Thank you it was a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Great videos!
Glad you enjoyed them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
cornerspeed, are you in Competition Mode? Just want to confirm you preference. Also what tire pressures are you using when you get to the track?
I hit the button twice and am in competitive mode. I start at 32 then when hot put back to 32.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
Nice Job man ...it's always nice to see people buying sportscars and sportsbikes and actually using them in a manner for which they are intended. I love Fontana (as you can tell from my avatar)--I've run it on both my bikes (ran 1:46's on my stock Ducati on the full AMA track).

I've been itching to take the ZL1 out there... I may see you at an event in the near future. Stay safe
IO used to race my R6 there as well, my best time was 1:37. You definitely need to get that ZL1 out there you will love it. This configuration is a blast. It is basically the same except not braking on the front stretch for turn #1 you get to stay on the banking all the way around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Cant get much smoother,.,... barely.

But you can. Love the vid.

The only way to catch up with the z is in the corners.

2c
Thanks, exactly.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #86
booyaa56

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Fontana

Will be in Fontana June 21st and will be driving my 2013 1LE, hopefully I can continue to raise the bar.....
Attached Images

booyaa56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #87
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Mark your riding with me next ,...And what brakes are you running ???
Old 05-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #88
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaa56 View Post
Will be in Fontana June 21st and will be driving my 2013 1LE, hopefully I can continue to raise the bar.....
Who you running with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Mark your riding with me next ,...And what brakes are you running ???
my brakes are stock.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #89
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Who you running with?

my brakes are stock.
Mine arent Just kidding , the way you drive your to good for any upgrades , its hacks like me that need all the brakes I can get. I am really happy for you , You had the V6 and loved it , Now your creaming the big guys , Hope the best for you !!! This is next my man !!!
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:18 PM   #90
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I thoroughly enjoyed that video...up until you went through the cones. Great run though. Loved it.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #91
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Mine arent Just kidding , the way you drive your to good for any upgrades , its hacks like me that need all the brakes I can get. I am really happy for you , You had the V6 and loved it , Now your creaming the big guys , Hope the best for you !!! This is next my man !!!
Thanks buddy, it's nice to read all the cool things everyone has to say. Im a very quiet , and humble man, and this is all just pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed that video...up until you went through the cones. Great run though. Loved it.
Yeah, pretty embarrassing to chase down and pass that Z-06 only to screw up turn #5 you certainly wont enjoy this video

notice at 2:45 in the second video as i finally catch that yellow Z-06 i screw up yet again, but if you notice both Z-06's i get them back.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #92

Drives: Getaway Special
The 1LE actually, at the price point and drivetrain/suspension could/should have been the Z/28 for the masses. Maybe just a slightly more aggressive cam and modified intake & factory bump in tune. Possibly even add the carbon ceramic rotors to improve cornering etc. That would still keep it under the price of the ZL1 and done the job. Nothing against the current Z/28, but it's price is so over the top in price that I believe it's longevity won't be too enduring. You certainly won't be seeing them around on the street as often as you did in the late 60's.

Nice driving! Those tires looked a bit chunky IMHO. Like they wore off in chunks vs evenly. In my experience the GYears more or less "powder" apart vs laying down "real" rubber. But then again, maybe that's my lack of experience with these new tires.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:39 AM   #93
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
007... while I partially agree, we have to remember what the 1le concept was and the target market since it originally was introduced back in 1988. And chevy hasnt changed that focus in the less-than 5000 1le units made since 1988 to date.

The z28 was never designed to target the same market, although the 2014 does come closer to that market at almost twice the price.

And I agree. We wont be seeing many of the new z28s on the road anytime soon.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:38 AM   #94
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Thanks buddy, it's nice to read all the cool things everyone has to say. Im a very quiet , and humble man, and this is all just pretty cool.

Yeah, pretty embarrassing to chase down and pass that Z-06 only to screw up turn #5 you certainly wont enjoy this video

notice at 2:45 in the second video as i finally catch that yellow Z-06 i screw up yet again, but if you notice both Z-06's i get them back.
Not only did I not enjoy it ()! I am so upset because we don't have tracks like that here in Hawaii. These videos rock!!!

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #95
lwadeallen

Drives: None
@cornerspeed, Nice video. It may have already been said but I don't think this has anything to do with the car(Okay maybe a little). It's obvious from the video that whomever is in the Vette has no idea how to drive. On the flip side you are a very good driver and I'm impressed. Going into every corner you gain 4-5 car lengths on a car that should be blowing you away. On corner exit you gain again, it's obvious that the Vette is faster as it will always pull away on the long straights. Whoever is in the Vette has no idea how to enter and exit a corner.

Again, nice piece of driving by you and the 1LE.

This proves my argument I have with my friend all the time. He says a G35 is faster than a Vette in the mountains because he would beat his friend every time. Obviously a G isn't faster than a Vette. I bet if you were in the Z06 you would have beat every car on the track. Next time you should see if someone will let you take their Vette out for a spin.
lwadeallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #96
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
Not only did I not enjoy it ()! I am so upset because we don't have tracks like that here in Hawaii. These videos rock!!!
They should shut down the Island and do this then...oh by the way you wont enjoy this eitherlook at post #7
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345111
Old 05-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #97
DJGrilles

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Looking through our pictures I found this of your car:

Nice driving
-DJGrilles
DJGrilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #98
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwadeallen View Post
@cornerspeed, Nice video. It may have already been said but I don't think this has anything to do with the car(Okay maybe a little). It's obvious from the video that whomever is in the Vette has no idea how to drive. On the flip side you are a very good driver and I'm impressed. Going into every corner you gain 4-5 car lengths on a car that should be blowing you away. On corner exit you gain again, it's obvious that the Vette is faster as it will always pull away on the long straights. Whoever is in the Vette has no idea how to enter and exit a corner.

Again, nice piece of driving by you and the 1LE.

This proves my argument I have with my friend all the time. He says a G35 is faster than a Vette in the mountains because he would beat his friend every time. Obviously a G isn't faster than a Vette. I bet if you were in the Z06 you would have beat every car on the track. Next time you should see if someone will let you take their Vette out for a spin.
That would be pretty cool.Im thinking since im just your average Joe GM should let me track the Z/28 the marketing would be priceless....im just saying