Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-14-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Incoming CAI and Tuner

I finally pulled the trigger on the CAI and SCT Tuner combo from Jannetty.

I received the tracking information in like 25 minutes. That is serious speed there!

Now for the hardest part. The patience waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks Ted! Who communicated with me while out of town.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Congrats. Post up some pics when they are installed. I'm going to get a CAI as well, just after i get my $2345 wheels and tire's combo. $550 rocker panels and my I believe $400 front splitter. Man how quickly things add up for these cars.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Received the CAI and SCT Tuner today! Incredibly fast from Jannetty Racing. Ordered it on Tuesday at noon.

Installed the CAI tonight and will work with JRE on the tune in the near future. Want to read up on the documentation and make sure I have everything setup for the software.

I took it out for a spin after the install and it is amazing how the sound character changed when you open up the throttle It is negligible at idle, but when punched there is a major difference and sounds very nice.

I went and filled up with some 93 and when I left the Sunoco parking lot I punched it and it bogged down and cut off. Stopped my heart for a second. I was able to get to the shoulder without a problem. I turned off the key and it fired right back up and got home without issue. It seems like at a stand still if I WOT at start up it gets too much air? I am guessing the tune will help that and will just take care not to do that until I get it tuned. Does that make sense? Or could something else be amiss?

Here is the installation. Can't really mess it up. Very clear straight forward directions.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote