#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #1
Juventus

Drives: Convertible White Camaro 2SS/RS 201
Canadian Lemon?

Hello everyone,

Sadly I have to share my story and need some advice, I have a 2016 vert 2ss, received it brand new June 2016, after a month of driving it enjoying it in the beautiful weather, a heavy rattle which later turned into clunking noise started to appear from the back side of the roof when its up. Went to a dealership had a few visits for them to adjust or fix it, they never did, replacing some parts, noise would go away for a couple of days then back, then had to store it for winter by November before they could fix it, took it out in April , directly to a dealer which should have a mechanic specializing in verts, had to wait 3 weeks for parts, they said they changed almost every piece and should never hear any noise, again , first few days great, then noise back to normal and even worse. Thats the short version of the story, spent most fall and spring bringing car in an out of dealer, talked to GM rep since last fall, sending me back and forth to dealerships, at this point driving the car is so not pleasurable and I am looking into either selling or IF possible using lemon law for buy back.

My question is, there is no lemon law in canada, anyway I can deal with GM directly for buyback? or do I have to use CAMVAP to settle this? I gave them more than 5 chances to fix it, I even ask GM rep for compensation for not being able to enjoy car and having it in dealerships most of the time. It's not just a top rattle, its a clunking noise with heavy rattle from everywhere.

TPW 5/2
Juventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
nfboy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT HBM
CAMVAP. That is not to say you can not negotiate with GM first. As you said there is no lemon law equivalent in Canada. this older news story contains information....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lemo...have-1.2951106
nfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:00 AM   #3
Juventus

Drives: Convertible White Camaro 2SS/RS 201
Negotiation with GM is almost impossible. I have one person assigned to my case and she is never available to take my calls, left messages never hear from here. She sends me a message on Facebook chat once a week or so. This has been dragging too long :(

TPW 5/2
Juventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
Gunsmokez

Drives: 1LE
Email your MLA and a reason why there are no such rules. CamVap is a waste of time.
Gunsmokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #5
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ertible+rattle

A quick search revealed this. Hope it helps. I have a '17 vert and am starting to get the rattle when going over bumps. It's not overly annoying yet, but something to keep in mind for my next dealer visit.
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote