Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Squeal when I accellerate at low speeds (audio clip included)

I've found a few threads on this topic, but none with an audio sample that sounds like mine. I have a 2015 Camaro SS automatic convertible with Brembo brakes. Just over 9,000 miles on the odometer.

It makes a high-pitched squeal when I accelerate from a dead stop. It begins at about 8 miles an hour and pauses while changing gears. I can only hear this at low speeds, but because the sound is not very loud, I don't know if it continues doing it at higher speeds.

I took it to the dealership, and after two days they said the sound is a normal characteristic of the brakes over time, and that it's mentioned in a bulletin, #PIC5590B (you can read the whole bulletin here, but until the end, it mostly deals with braking issues). When I got home I read the bulletin and at the end it says, "A groan type noise may be heard when stopping quickly or moving forward slowly from a complete stop." Well, I call B.S. because this sound isn't a "groan", and there's no way Brembo would have that squeal as a "characteristic" of their brakes. My warranty ends in November, so I obviously want to get this solved before then. I haven't called the dealer back yet because I'm hoping someone here might give me something to say to them besides, "I don't believe you."

This is a clip I made of the sound. Listen in the background and you'll hear what sounds like a loose belt or squeaking brakes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg

Last edited by scandata; 02-24-2018 at 04:35 PM.
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote