Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #29
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Really, even with the yucky update they did for '19? I thought us 5th gen owners were more than just people who can't afford a brand new 6th gen.

Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't buy one.
I don't think affordability is the issue. 5th gen guys understand that our cars are the last of the retro style and classic lines. Some have bought 6th gens but alot haven't. I'm not trading in my big booty Judy that has the look and performance I really like. Even tho I can afford the change.....I'm not going to.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #30
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I don't think affordability is the issue. 5th gen guys understand that our cars are the last of the retro style and classic lines. Some have bought 6th gens but alot haven't. I'm not trading in my big booty Judy that has the look and performance I really like. Even tho I can afford the change.....I'm not going to.
Ditto for me. Sure the 6th Gens are nice, but in 10 years they will look like every sports car out there. 10 years later the 5th gen still turns heads.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:51 AM   #31
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
It has nothing to do with the fuel delivery system but a lot to do with the new cylinder coating I believe..........
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #32
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
Ditto for me. Sure the 6th Gens are nice, but in 10 years they will look like every sports car out there. 10 years later the 5th gen still turns heads.
Truth. As long as you keep her pretty and running well, she will always be a head turner.

With that said I am seriously considering getting a 2018 ZL1 as well. Keeping my red beauty as the DD and using the ZL1 as a weekend/trip car. If her engine fails I will be doing an engine swap of some type. Don't expect that to happen anytime soon though even with 120K on her at the moment.

Damn glad I bought her.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #33
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2LT RS
Congrats on getting a new car! Im actually very familiar with that Nissan dealership in Rocky Mount, N.C I was just there today!! (dad bought his new DD 2019 Altima 2.0 Platinum today!) what car replaced the Camaro?
10’ Lexus ES 350
17’ Mercedes-Benz E300 4Matic (Totaled)
20' Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4Matic - Loaded
ThatMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #34
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
I guess that V6 was just much for him to handle.
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #35
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
I had a 2012 RS a few years ago, when the 16 came out I wanted one so I traded. Then I regretted it after 6 months, rattled something terrible over bumps. it was a great track car to a point, but so was my 5th gen. my 5gen and the one I have now is relatively quiet over bumps and I still like the body lines.
Good luck on the new ride, don't be a stranger! yes you're still allowed to post here.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:04 AM   #36
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jgunn65 View Post
I guess that V6 was just much for him to handle.
Uhhhg. Really man?
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7Ί overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160Ί thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:16 AM   #37
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well, I don't understand how the 5th gen owners in this thread are gushing away writing compliments on his purchase. As far as I know, this is still a 5th gen site.

A former 5th gen V6 owner comes back and talks about how the new SS he bought is so much better than his old car. I don't know about you, but it seems like he's rubbing our noses in it. I'm shocked that no one in here picked up on that.

The 6th gen SS is a powerhouse, no doubt, so it should feel significantly faster than the 5th gen, especially the V6 model. It's a moot point so why even mention it?

Originally, I though most would respond with a "Bye", "See Ya", "Don't let the door hit you on the behind on the way out", like they usually do. However, instead people responded with... "Oh, great car!, "Beautiful Camaro!" "Nice Purchase!" "I'd love a new 6th gen if I could afford one!", "Welcome to V8 life!". WTF?

I mean, I can understand that this is mostly a V8 owners site by the way V8 owners like to stick together, but praising someone who traded their 5th gen for a 6th gen, especially the new fugly (in my opinion of course) 2019 model, well I really didn't expect that at all.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:13 AM   #38
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Hey the car is 10 years old and had a good run. I'm in the Raleigh area also and did see a couple IOM over the years ... maybe your car ... in full sun the glow on that paint is amazing.
First time I saw that color Camaro was while driving in a traffic circle in Wake Forest. Do you go to either of the two cars and coffee in our area? I'd like to check out the new one.
Best of luck with the new ride ... hope it gives you 10 years of fun.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:07 AM   #39
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
To each their own....... keeping my 5th gen.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:11 AM   #40
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Never look back, just move on! That's what my late Father always told me.
Attached Images

ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:39 AM   #41
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Well, I don't understand how the 5th gen owners in this thread are gushing away writing compliments on his purchase. As far as I know, this is still a 5th gen site.

A former 5th gen V6 owner comes back and talks about how the new SS he bought is so much better than his old car. I don't know about you, but it seems like he's rubbing our noses in it. I'm shocked that no one in here picked up on that.

The 6th gen SS is a powerhouse, no doubt, so it should feel significantly faster than the 5th gen, especially the V6 model. It's a moot point so why even mention it?

Originally, I though most would respond with a "Bye", "See Ya", "Don't let the door hit you on the behind on the way out", like they usually do. However, instead people responded with... "Oh, great car!, "Beautiful Camaro!" "Nice Purchase!" "I'd love a new 6th gen if I could afford one!", "Welcome to V8 life!". WTF?

I mean, I can understand that this is mostly a V8 owners site by the way V8 owners like to stick together, but praising someone who traded their 5th gen for a 6th gen, especially the new fugly (in my opinion of course) 2019 model, well I really didn't expect that at all.
Ugh it looks like from the OP's pic he must have bought a Nissan something or other so I'm not sure what this rant is meant to clarify LOL.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:16 PM   #42
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Ugh it looks like from the OP's pic he must have bought a Nissan something or other so I'm not sure what this rant is meant to clarify LOL.
In another post he stated that he was trying to trade it for a Nissan Altima so im assuming thats what he bought, I honestly could go by the Dealership and check his old Camaro out if I wanted considering the dealership is about 45 to an hour away from me.
10’ Lexus ES 350
17’ Mercedes-Benz E300 4Matic (Totaled)
20' Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4Matic - Loaded
ThatMaro is offline   Reply With Quote