Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Exaggerated Accident Stories?

With the continued pileup of accidents being reported on C5, I'm beginning to question the authenticity of some member reactions here. The air seems pretty thick of ! I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but I just couldn't find myself keeping my cool with people that violate my car in some way. For example:

-There was a member here who stated that some old guy he knew for 30 years parked near his tinted out Camaro, deliberately; maliciously banged into his door and then started violently shaking his car.

You mean to tell me you would honestly have the restraint to hold back saying anything profane or call the police? This just seemed too far-fetched for me. I'm not calling the guy a liar but it does seem fair to assume there was embellishment/exaggeration there.

-More recently, a member posted a thread about a few accident stories he was involved in with one being a woman driving an F-250 slammed into his Camaro with a folded mirror. He rightfully called the police and said the woman was yammering on about how "such a nice car is wasted on reckless, youthful drivers (completely paraphrased)" when the accident was her fault.

Those kind of snide remarks would have had me boiling over. I would have easily called that woman every name in the book to the point of making her cry. Also would have said, "You have some f'ing nerve making comments like that when it was your fault." She would have shut up in a damn hurry. Are people embarrassed to go on the defensive to shut up wrongdoers? Nobody says you have to resort to violence or threats. I wouldn't take that kind of abuse when accidents aren't my fault. She should have been apologizing to you and kept her mouth closed.

How much of these reactions by C5 members are a result of the truth or internet muscles (hence the exaggeration on the forums). I'm glad everybody is fine and they got their Camaros repaired but what would be wrong with somebody blowing their stack to show how pissed off you are that they messed up your car and then have the audacity to add insult to injury by making idiotic, stereo-typical comments like, "Camaros are wasted on the Youth?!" How much are we supposed to take and how much of these stories really happened the way they were explained. Just trying to find the honesty in what is in circulating about accidents. Thanks all and again, I do NOT condone violence in any way, shape or form.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm unfamiliar with the first case, but I did see the second one and feel that this could have happened. I have yet to meet someone who was in an accident who did not feel compelled to disrespect or at least communicate with the other driver. With all of those hormones rushing, a lot of people don't know what to do. They lose their cool, and emotions boil over.

I believe that our members have a lot of class. I do believe that if these incredible circumstances befell members of our community, we would rise above the douchebagerry and behave like respectable people.

When I read that second example, I thought of exactly what I would have said to the woman showing that disrespect: "Ma'am, I'd appreciate if you would get back in your car and keep your arrogance to yourself." It's passive, but it asserts that I not only disagree with the woman assaulting my age (23 years) but also suggesting that I am too immature to possess such a vehicle. I empathize with the poster and appreciate the restraint shown to the disrespectful driver. These jerks are real, and we have to face them at some point. Despite their behavior, Camaro5 members have repeatedly shown their pride in their inaction—their avoidance of foolish races, verbal and physical fights, and reckless driving despite the overwhelming temptation to do so. This is the sort of class in our community as a whole. There are lapses here and there, but we classy people here.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 12-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
P. Ham

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
It's probably a situation where you have to be there. Sometimes it's better not to retaliate otherwise it can get worse. Having said that, if someone hit my car and then proceeded to tell me it's being wasted on some punk kid I would without hesitation and very clearly say, f**k you. But that would probably be all I say to her again from that point on.

I'm actually more surprised people aren't more sympathetic when hitting a new Camaro....or any new car for that matter. If I hit someone, I would be so apologetic (even though I guess we aren't supposed to take blame even if it is clearly our fault). I just don't get people who are aholes after they hit you.

It's not polite to stare.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #4
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
And YOUR experience with someone in a similar situation is.......?

Non-"car people" are truly clueless. They equate the value of YOUR brand new, high-dollar, beloved vehicle with THEIR raggedy a**, pee-stained sofa. They are in their own dim world and are never wrong. To be confronted with someone who just doesn't "get it" is such a complete shock to the system that we decent "normal people" usually vapor lock. We know the appropriate response is that Navy Seal thing where you walk up behind them and in a smooth, practiced motion, snap their neck leaving their dead, moronic body falling lifelessly onto the pavement. But this isn't TV and you can't really do that so we are left standing there helpless while boiling over inside.

This is why I think it should be legal to pull morons out of their cars and beat them into the hospital when it is so obviously deserved. If that was legal, dumb people would quickly start growing some brain cells and these reports wouldn't be so common.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Ask any person of law, they will tell you that the enforcement official will side with the person that is acting less nutty. There was no reason for that kid to yell back or mouth of to that ignorant hag for making that comment about his youth. That would have just given her ammunition to characterize the guy as belligerent in front of the cops or the judge when the time came.

These days anyone can file a lawsuit against anyone for anything, why give them ammunition unnecessarily, so that you lose ground in your case against them?

My dad says.....sure you can use physical strength to solve many problems, but its what you can do with your brains that makes you a man and a better person.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 12-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
...How much are we supposed to take and how much of these stories really happened the way they were explained. Just trying to find the honesty in what is in circulating about accidents. Thanks all and again, I do NOT condone violence in any way, shape or form.

Seriously? Because members didn't act the way you think they should have you are going to question their integrity? You may not condone violence but in proposing an escalated shouting match to put someone in their place, it's pretty likely the will respond equally or pump it up a notch (maybe draw a gun or a knife?). Having been a cop for 21 years, I would say they did just fine in the big picture of things.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
There are 3 sides to every story. They way the person on the forum posted saw it, the way the other person saw it involved...and then the actual way it happened.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
-More recently, a member posted a thread about a few accident stories he was involved in with one being a woman driving an F-250 slammed into his Camaro with a folded mirror. He rightfully called the police and said the woman was yammering on about how "such a nice car is wasted on reckless, youthful drivers (completely paraphrased)" when the accident was her fault.

Those kind of snide remarks would have had me boiling over. I would have easily called that woman every name in the book to the point of making her cry. Also would have said, "You have some f'ing nerve making comments like that when it was your fault." She would have shut up in a damn hurry. Are people embarrassed to go on the defensive to shut up wrongdoers? Nobody says you have to resort to violence or threats. I wouldn't take that kind of abuse when accidents aren't my fault. She should have been apologizing to you and kept her mouth closed.
Let's see that was me, here's pics to prove it:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53092

Let me teach you something it's called respect for others, oh yeah and self control because you don't seem to have much of either.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Yeahhhhhhh

I am shutting this one down right now, before it gets out of hand

Closed Thread