Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #603
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Good job bro, wrong thread. We're not talkin Hellcats here.
You don't need to suck blaq off, he's made some claims about posting all his times and I'm trying to get him to follow through.

PS. For a faster car the SS wasn't in that H2H test...wow!
Old 12-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #604
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
You don't need to suck blaq off, he's made some claims about posting all his times and I'm trying to get him to follow through.

PS. For a faster car the SS wasn't in that H2H test...wow!
Grow up dude.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #605
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Grow up dude.
Why?

And why did the SS trap lower than the GT? M6 should trap higher with a faster car vs a slower auto car....right?
Old 12-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #606
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Anal bleeding.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:16 AM   #607
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Pretty funny. BlaqWhole called mid 12s and the first out was worse. M6G shit storm, butthurt, ... Troll on.
.6 is considered mid when talking E.T. thought you should know.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #608
Fox9350

Drives: 2014 Kia Sorento
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
LMAO!!!!!

1.) There are two reasons why the Camaro wound up discontinued.

1a) Being diluted between Pontiac as the Firebird/Trans-Am and Chevy as the Camaro. This was a vehicle that routinely sold between 85-105k cars a year if you added them both up.

1b) The Mustang is Ford's Halo car. Has been pretty much every year for the last 50 years. GM for a long time refused to improve the Camaro to the level that the Corvette was at. Now, that is no longer an issue. And Ford is no longer being given an easy win.

2.) There was never a lack of interest. There is a reason why the 5th Gen outsold the Mustang for several years in a row, because of the interest owners had in the car. I specifically bought a 5th gen instead of a Mustang or a GTO or a CTS-V because I wanted the Camaro. The problem goes back to the fact that GM was trying to shutter unproductive brands....which goes to seeing Olds, Pontiac, Saturn, and Hummer go bye bye. Not to mention, the plans for a retro Camaro were already in the works when the Camaro was discontinued in 2002.

Plus, GM made the mistake of badging the Monaro as a GTO. Had they badged that as a Camaro, I still say it would have sold better...

3.) Yes, the Mustang helped create the Camaro, there is absolutely no denying that. However, I'd argue that the Chevy II helped to create the Mustang. The popularity of that small car with bigger power helped create a desire for cars similar to it. In addition, the Plymouth Barracuda actually predated the Mustang as well.

All reasonable points. Just worth mentioning to those around here who seem to have been born when the Camaro 6 launched. The Camaro 5 was a sales success for most of it's years, but performance was a little flat and behind compared to the (5.0) Mustang that generation. Trust me I'm well aware of how behind the Mustang fell in the mid 90s to early 2000s before the Camaro left the scene for awhile.
Fox9350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #609
Fox9350

Drives: 2014 Kia Sorento
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
was a non PP car... so shitty suspension,tires and brakes. Not really sure why they would use that in their H2H.
Because it's edmunds. These fanboys don't seem to understand there are a TON of variables. Drivers can't launch cars properly, poor track conditions, often these magazines idiotically option out a car to the max for their artitcles that negatively affect performance testing (huge showy wheels, navigation, heated seats, safety packages, etc etc),,,, The enthusiasts who have the best packages for performance and have more than a few shots at the 1/4 at a single track on a single day will post the best times. The fast list will be where we look. Again I've seen 3 enthusiasts in the last 3 weeks post a 12.0x and 11.8x @119 MPH with a new GT in the hands of almost no one in the public yet. Bodes well. I expect to see this thing well into that territory. 0-60 in 4.6 seconds? LMFAO. Does anyone believe that? Ford wouldn't claim sub 4 second 0-60 if it was that far off. Some moron who couldn't drive was testing these cars. In fact I saw a fellow on youtube who bought a brand new 2018 GT, posted a video at night showing it in his driveway with all the wrappings still on it. A few days later posted a video on his lunch break testing the 0-60 with the built in app timer on the car. Did 1 run on some highway exit from stop and got 4.2 seconds. LOL. The car is much more capable than edmunds tests show.

You guys seem to think if some shmo drives his car to a 13.5 thats what it means the car is capable of. There are people driving GT500s or Z06s in the 14s because they can't drive, means nothing.

Last edited by Fox9350; 12-21-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Fox9350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #610
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Why?

And why did the SS trap lower than the GT? M6 should trap higher with a faster car vs a slower auto car....right?
Honestly, I know there are variables like wheel spin that while producing a slower time will increase trap speed but I am no expert in drag racing so should keep my mouth shut on that hahaha.

I think what we will see is the Camaro consistently being a little bit faster, but the Mustang consistently having equal or better trap.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:45 AM   #611
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Exclamation

A10 GT 12.6....LOL! And to the guy making childish remarks about "sucking off" ... The traps were basically within 1 mph of each other, so you must agree the GT trap was poor too.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #612
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
.6 is considered mid when talking E.T. thought you should know.
On the wrong side of mid. Regardless, I'm just tweaking because you all were trolling so hard for a conflict.

The GT will be fast. Time will tell where they will fall but it does appear the SS has the edge.

That's any SS by the way. Starting a $37k with oil, transmission and differential cools, Brembo brakes and the would class Alpha chassis.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #613
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum

I love this test and the sloppy track editing. It's so real world. They might not have gotten enough SS track video to cover the Camaro discussion and spliced in some ZL1. They probably thought the Camaro drivers will be too drunk to notice. It is the rep we have. I try not to live it but sometimes I slip up.

I have spent a bit of time in the S197s and much more in the S550s. Most recently in a 2017 GT auto vert renter. I want one of each. If I could only have one car it would be the Mustang for sure. Even the 2017 is a ton of fun to drive and to me better looking. But for spirited driving as a second car the SS is a more fun choice. It is a more livable Corvette that has a trunk and almost a back seat. I always wanted a Vette but no more.

Give me the Mustang interior, exterior, and sound with the SS chassis, cooling, durability, handling, and brakes. Either engine will do. And the M6 of course. Autos are less fun. The perfect Pony car.

As to 1/4 times the jury is still out. We all have to admit it is close. But keep up the good fight! It can never end. I am a Mustang/Camaro fan boy so I can't lose. The Dodge is pretty but way too big. Make my Dodge a Charger Hellcat for long trips.

As for me I am glad my bolton SS M6 will keep up with all of the stock CA6 SS and S550/2 automatics. Full weight on 20" tires.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #614
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox9350 View Post
Because it's edmunds. These fanboys don't seem to understand there are a TON of variables. Drivers can't launch cars properly, poor track conditions, often these magazines idiotically option out a car to the max for their artitcles that negatively affect performance testing (huge showy wheels, navigation, heated seats, safety packages, etc etc),,,, The enthusiasts who have the best packages for performance and have more than a few shots at the 1/4 at a single track on a single day will post the best times. The fast list will be where we look. Again I've seen 3 enthusiasts in the last 3 weeks post a 12.0x and 11.8x @119 MPH with a new GT in the hands of almost no one in the public yet. Bodes well. I expect to see this thing well into that territory. 0-60 in 4.6 seconds? LMFAO. Does anyone believe that? Ford wouldn't claim sub 4 second 0-60 if it was that far off. Some moron who couldn't drive was testing these cars. In fact I saw a fellow on youtube who bought a brand new 2018 GT, posted a video at night showing it in his driveway with all the wrappings still on it. A few days later posted a video on his lunch break testing the 0-60 with the built in app timer on the car. Did 1 run on some highway exit from stop and got 4.2 seconds. LOL. The car is much more capable than edmunds tests show.

You guys seem to think if some shmo drives his car to a 13.5 thats what it means the car is capable of. There are people driving GT500s or Z06s in the 14s because they can't drive, means nothing.
The A10 should be easier to launch. That manual SS is comparable to any SS manual. There are no packages other than the track focused 1LE.

Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 12-21-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #615
2Bowties

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS, 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I bet M6G is in full meltdown mode. "But, but, Evans", "but, but, 11.8", "but, but E85, tune, and tire", "but, but A10 trans". LOL! Too bad to all the dreamers out there, lol!! Too bad...
Dude calm down, the mustang had shitty pirellis and the camaro had f’1’s. Its only one review, dont get all “i told you so’ on us lol! Relax
2Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:57 AM   #616
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Typically m6 out traps automagic.

Maybe the a10 is that good?

The A10 is a very good transmission. It's already drawn a ton of raves regarding it's performance.

I'd say the biggest factor is just the better launch off the line for the A10 vs. the M6...