Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 AM   #1471
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
I have a stock driver's side axel you can have if you need it.

Sweet deal. Thanks! Fingers crossed GM can fix it...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #1472
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Like Robert said the driveshaft bolts are a weak link. That GM definately knows about. DSS can fix that forever.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #1473
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Damn, man...thank you!

I don't think there should be any type of warranty issues. I've intentionally been careful with the powertrain so there should be no warranty issues what so ever. If so, I'll let you know...as I raise HELL.

Should be okay. lol..

I brought it back to the garage, put it up, checked the shifter since that's where I felt the most shudder. It was all perfectly intact. Then again, it shifted perfectly while at a stop. I'm totally lost as to what it could be. But, its something that rotates...and could be an axle. Strange, though. I was taking off like I've done for the past 2 years in this car. Leaving my driveway in my neighborhood. No chance in hell I'd get on it or anything. Still....lol....not like I haven't in the past elsehwere. But, I just have this feeling it had to do something with that bang I heard as it raised on the jack.

I don't know..

I'll quickly take you up on the offer if there is an issue.

THANK YOU!!!
are you working tomorrow, or even Saturday... I have a pt appt this am, and then some install mods on the house... and I guess you'll be on the way to work by thennn, how about Saturday...I'll happily come oveer and we can take a look at it... see what we can figure out... I have an extra set of jackstands so we can get the whole car off the ground...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:49 AM   #1474
Merc
In The Circle

Work Bee. Nice!

Old 09-16-2011, 12:53 AM   #1475
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Work Bee. Nice!

Thas how we gearheads roll...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 09-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #1476
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Thas how we gearheads roll...
Love to participate!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #1477
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Dang! That sucks. I hope it's something simple, Tag.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #1478
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
You know, I can't (off the top of my head) think of anyone here back in the SA club that has upgraded their stereo. Everything is either cosmetic or go fast goodies. So, I really can't compare to anything. I just hope and pray the installer I talked to is picking out some really good components and what not to make this work.
Hey, doug my car stereo is modded been that way for quite awhile. I wouldnt use dyna mat. I think they are overrated and overpriced. take a look at second skin. I have some you can take a look at and then you can decide from there. anyway hope everything goes well with your car. If you need any help let me know.
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #1479
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer778 View Post
Hey, doug my car stereo is modded been that way for quite awhile. I wouldnt use dyna mat. I think they are overrated and overpriced. take a look at second skin. I have some you can take a look at and then you can decide from there. anyway hope everything goes well with your car. If you need any help let me know.
I didn't want to hassle with dynamat, so I had a custom rug made for the trunk. The guy outlined my trunk mat as a template and cut a rug the same size (modified for my subwoofer box). Then, he used sound dampening backing material on it. He uses the same stuff when he puts carpet in home theaters. It makes a nice difference in the sound quality and I didn't have to mess around with dynamat.

The guy kept the template because I told him I know some other Camaro owners who might want to have similar rugs made.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #1480
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:

Agreed. Dynamat is good stuff but overpriced. There are many other equivalent products out there for a lot better cost. But the best alternative - Just buy an amp the size of your trunk - then background noise will be irrelevant.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #1481
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Like Robert said the driveshaft bolts are a weak link. That GM definately knows about. DSS can fix that forever.

DSS? Curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
are you working tomorrow, or even Saturday... I have a pt appt this am, and then some install mods on the house... and I guess you'll be on the way to work by thennn, how about Saturday...I'll happily come oveer and we can take a look at it... see what we can figure out... I have an extra set of jackstands so we can get the whole car off the ground...
Yep...working Fri and Sat. I'll swing by Chris's tonight, but minus the Camaro. It was put on a flat bed and taken to Ancira. They called this morning, asked about the problem again to document everything, and hopefully can get to looking at it quickly.
Quote:
Dang...you know, I never listened to your stereo. I'll have to check it out. I'll look at that second skin stuff...see what it's about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I didn't want to hassle with dynamat, so I had a custom rug made for the trunk. The guy outlined my trunk mat as a template and cut a rug the same size (modified for my subwoofer box). Then, he used sound dampening backing material on it. He uses the same stuff when he puts carpet in home theaters. It makes a nice difference in the sound quality and I didn't have to mess around with dynamat.

The guy kept the template because I told him I know some other Camaro owners who might want to have similar rugs made.
I thought about that too....adding something to the back. I could probably just toss something under the....well, hold on... The rear carpet is starting to fray and get messy because of all the work stuff I have back there every day. i suppose....in a bit, I might be able to replace it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Agreed. Dynamat is good stuff but overpriced. There are many other equivalent products out there for a lot better cost. But the best alternative - Just buy an amp the size of your trunk - then background noise will be irrelevant.
DUDE! That's exactly what I was thinking!!! Just make the stereo so loud, you CAN'T hear anything else!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #1482
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Sorry to hear about the car...hopefully it's an easy fix.

I thought about Dynamat at one point, but it's also very heavy. My car has plenty of extra weight when I sit in it...don't need any more.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #1483
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
second skin

I can bring the second skin to the meet tonight if your going to be there. Let me know.
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #1484
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
I can bring the second skin to the meet tonight if your going to be there. Let me know.
Joe, you going to drive all the way to Selma.... Cool....

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper