Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #15
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickness91Z28 View Post
Looks great. Not trying to be a turd, but mine are located under the front seats.....and I don't have any rattles at all. Might depend if you don't have the turn downs or not
10-4 on that...I guess i should have clarified.

I meant vibration and drone coming up thorough the seats in the Car,not rattles.

So much so,in some cases,that the knock sensors can actually pick it up and retard timing with the Cut-Outs open.I have even seen issues relating to the 02 sensors with the Cut-Outs so close to the collectors.

To each their own,but IMO they should be placed as far to the rear of the Car as possible just like GM does with the "Mild to Wild" on Vettes and Camaros.

Then again,some guys have no issues at all once they get a heat shield in place for the brake and fuel lines.
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by honor first View Post
like i said, exhaust is high science ha. thanks for the input

67motorcat, glad to here, super clean install there
Yours looks great too man!

One thing though,I wouldn't rely on the Duct tape you have there to keep the wires off the pipes.

Get some zip ties and convoluted tubing around all your wires as they run to the front of the Car.

A convenient place to get in the cabin is to drill the plastic plug rite in front of the drivers seat under the Carpet.Use a couple Addel clamps to the frame rail to keep them up and free from damage.Then you can go rite into the side dash electrical center to get ACC. power.

Your gonna love it!
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67motorcat View Post
Yours looks great too man!

One thing though,I wouldn't rely on the Duct tape you have there to keep the wires off the pipes.

Get some zip ties and convoluted tubing around all your wires as they run to the front of the Car.

A convenient place to get in the cabin is to drill the plastic plug rite in front of the drivers seat under the Carpet.Use a couple Addel clamps to the frame rail to keep them up and free from damage.Then you can go rite into the side dash electrical center to get ACC. power.

Your gonna love it!
well thats not mine, just the pic i used for reference to make mine. i havent even wired mine up, been 40 or less here last week or two, so havent done much with car :/
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
honor first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #18
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I always thought that it would be cool to play with different length pipe and cutouts to fine tune the sound you want. i would love to hear the difference with the one at the rear and the longer wyes vs right off the front and welded right to the side.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote