Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #561
octane_n_veins

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsap05 View Post
With company's out there like gmmg you will see all kinds of special editions, almost as soon as the car hits the market. Trust me you see a ZL1, copa, berger ss, tom henry ss, etc. Gmmg is a great way for gm to get around the cafe which we dont worr about until 2020 anyways . I cant wait to see all the cool things people will do with this car, just look at all the cool stuff being done with the rustang.
You are partially correct, how ever the COPO aka: ZL1 is a factory name and GM is a little shackin up from the Cafe regs. As for Tom Henry ss, Berger ss, & GMMG, they might all have their own versions. The COPO was a factory produced car and the CAFE effect only factory production vehicles. After all I know Baldwin-Motion & Callaway has already said they are goin to do something with the Camaro. So you are right when you say,"I can't wait to see all cool things people will do with this car.

See you on the road in early 2009!
Drive save & fast!
And if you're along for the ride...
"Shut up, keep your head on a swivel, and watch out for cops!"

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/
octane_n_veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #562
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
wow. After reading through all 550+ posts, couple of General comments

I believe that the exterior shots are completely legit. I am not so sure on the interior. The specs thus far are impressive but I don't fully believe them either. To those that don't like what they see -either in pictures or specs, wait until you see everything. If you still don't like it then, well GM never expected to make everyone happy. I'm sure they wanted to do T-tops and keep the back end smooth, but they couldn't do it at a reasonable cost. To go with those items, they might have had to go with less powerful engines, a heavier car, or perhaps a parts bin interior to help keep the cost down. I think that they made the appropriate sacrifices.

Pricing is unknown as far as we know, beyond close to the mustang. If it isn't close to the mustang (maybe 10% more) they will lose a lot of sales, and GM fully understands this. This car is more important to them than it is to us.

To those worried about fuel economy, we are expecting best in class. Will it beat out a compact car? no. Will it be better than 13 city/18 hwy? How can it not be.

Weight, look at the reviews for the G8 GT. That car will be heavier than the Camaro and nobody complains about the effect of weight on acceleration, fuel economy, or handling. I imagine it will be much the same for the Camaro.

Only ~28 hours till GM gives us a bit more info . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #563
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
I know.. I was just saying that I love this car soooo much i dont know how they could change it to make it any better.

None of them will be ugly, in my opinion.

is it monday yet?

Do you BELIEVE the story saying the RS has a rear spoiler and the SS does not?

We need to wait for official word because some of this stuff "leaking" out is ludicrous!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #564
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Do you BELIEVE the story saying the RS has a rear spoiler and the SS does not?

We need to wait for official word because some of this stuff "leaking" out is ludicrous!

no i dont believe that.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #565
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheTiger View Post
I LOOOOVE IT!. AND I NEW THAT FRONT BUMPER WOULD ONLY BE ON THE V6. that new one will most likely be on the v8. wich is good
I respectfully disagree.

By the way, those latest photos of the yellow RS in the city/brick background look horribly fake. They look like bad videogame screencaptures. I don't like the style at all.

Last edited by Captain Awesome; 07-20-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added comment
Old 07-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #566
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
I respectfully disagree.

By the way, those latest photos of the yellow RS in the city/brick background look horribly fake. They look like bad videogame screencaptures. I don't like the style at all.
I know you don't like the SS bumper, what are you going to do? Get the V6 without that slot in the front? Just curious because in my opinion, that slot is important to the looks.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #567
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
I know you don't like the SS bumper, what are you going to do? Get the V6 without that slot in the front? Just curious because in my opinion, that slot is important to the looks.
If the slot is just cosmetic then I'm starting to think I'd rather not have it. Seeing the car without it makes it look nice too. I'd just hate having to say it's there for looks after having a real intake on my 2000 SS.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #568
Chemical

Quote:
If the slot is just cosmetic then I'm starting to think I'd rather not have it. Seeing the car without it makes it look nice too. I'd just hate having to say it's there for looks after having a real intake on my 2000 SS.
Yeah, if it is cosmetic, it really isn't a big deal if its there or not.

We havn't seen any spyshots of an SS with the hood open, so it could easily be functional. What if it is functional? What are you going to do about the bumper?
Old 07-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #569
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Yeah, if it is cosmetic, it really isn't a big deal if its there or not.

We havn't seen any spyshots of an SS with the hood open, so it could easily be functional. What if it is functional? What are you going to do about the bumper?
I think it was said it was just cosmetic because it wasnt possible because of the hood latch
Old 07-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #570
Chemical

Quote:
I think it was said it was just cosmetic because it wasnt possible because of the hood latch
Yeah, I heard about that, but I thought that was still speculation. I can easily see a way they can engineer a hood latch while it sill being functional.

I don't see why they couldn't coexist.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #571
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah!

I don't like this, I don't like that, it weighs too much, it is too big. It is too underpowered. The fuel economy sucks. This is wrong, that is wrong.

Good Lord. Let's quit the whining. The car isn't even on the street yet.

Check out some of the recent performance tests of the G8. Compare that to the last Generation SS's!

This is going to be one damn fantastic vehicle.

You get weight with all of the additional Federal Mandates for Safety and emissions controls. What the heck did you expect.

I am rather happy with what I am seeing.

When Monday hits and the official info is released, I really believe we are going to be impressed!

Way to go Cheryl, John, Scott and Ed!!!
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #572
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post

When Monday hits and the official info is released, I really believe we are going to be impressed!

I am already impressed, Im sold, i would go buy one tomorrow, but after monday, i HOPE everyone is impressed because im already sick of hearing about the camaro being a pig.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #573
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Some Added Weight shouldn't be the major Issue!

Quote:
I am already impressed, Im sold, i would go buy one tomorrow, but after monday, i HOPE everyone is impressed because im already sick of hearing about the camaro being a pig.

With all of the added safety requirements that have come along since the 4th Gen was developed, I am not too worried about this. It all adds up to benefits and better safety for the consumer.

Now, bring it on Chev ! Let's start running down those Ponies!!!
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:44 PM   #574
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
With all of the added safety requirements that have come along since the 4th Gen was developed, I am not too worried about this. It all adds up to benefits and better safety for the consumer.

Now, bring it on Chev ! Let's start running down those Ponies!!!

OH, im not worried about it, but it seems to be a major issue with alot of people.