Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #57
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
How bout this shit.....just happened a few minutes ago...sitting in a drive thru line and I'm getting my food and bam! Dude behind me rear ends me! I get out the car raising hell. Then am bitching walking up to the guy I see it's an old dude. I mean old, like prolly shouldn't be driving old. So I ask him why the heck he hit me. He says he wasn't paying attention and his foot wasn't all the way on the brake. Ok. Well, I told him just pay attention for now on. Damn.
I would be soooo mad. I got scared drivin the another day. A lady was driving a Trailblazer one hand on her phone and the another hand with a big long cancer stick. I passed her up right away ha!
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #58
WifesGroceryGetter

Drives: 2011 RS2SS
Washed car today....only 1 month old....someone put scratches on it intentionally...how do I know? They carved a small "X" on the passenger side door. I had noticed another scratch a couple weeks ago in the same area, but couldn't figure out how it happened...now I know someone is jacking with the car, you don't accidentally get an "X". Should have known better....wife works / parks at a Jr. High School. I remember years ago my High School teacher (electricity class..yes that was the name) showed us how he hooked an old car coil to his hubcaps so when the neighbor dog would pee on it, it would zap its zinger.... love to taze the little %^& if I ever catch them messing with our car again.......
WifesGroceryGetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #59
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Stupid people are job security for cops.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #60
WifesGroceryGetter

Drives: 2011 RS2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
How bout this shit.....just happened a few minutes ago...sitting in a drive thru line and I'm getting my food and bam! Dude behind me rear ends me! I get out the car raising hell. Then am bitching walking up to the guy I see it's an old dude. I mean old, like prolly shouldn't be driving old. So I ask him why the heck he hit me. He says he wasn't paying attention and his foot wasn't all the way on the brake. Ok. Well, I told him just pay attention for now on. Damn.

I probably spend more time looking in my rearview vs the windshield when I drive...always leave 1.5 car lengths ahead of me when I stop so then the texter/talker/gauker is paying no attention till last minute and they misjudge stop location...I can do a final roll forward... I know..sounds dumb...but really saved my butt twice last winter on icy conditions..and once this spring as a kid is approaching too fast and you see the Oh sh*t look coming up on you....
WifesGroceryGetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #61
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Sorry you're going through this. I can relate. That is why I will probably NEVER buy a dark colored car ever again.

IMO, dark colors just show scratches and other imperfections in the paint much more readily. However, if the scratches look like your car has been "keyed", I don't think any color would conceal that.

I know it's of little / no consolation but you live and you learn. Plus, the "upright walking animal" can be a disgusting "being".
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 09-09-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #62
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Sorry if I jacked your thread op,but I thought this posting incident that happened to me only hours before was pretty relevant. When I got hone I rushed into my garage and grabbed my touch up paint and fixed it. Surprisingly it wasn't bad and I was able to conceal it pretty well.

Maybe it was gods way of punishing me for my earlier post about living amounst stupid, inconsiderate people......or maybe it was his way of confirming what I already knew..lol.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo

Last edited by Camarowguy; 09-03-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #63
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I tried to get a sticky made for paint chips and such but some mod moved it to the warranty section instead.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #64
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Just take 2 spots. Had Pumpkin since June of 09 and have yet to get a door ding.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #65
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Unfortunately that's what we have to look forward to in this day and age. It's rare people claim responsibility for their actions and many people are inconsiderate of other people's property. :(

thats whats being pushed today....nothing is your personal property anymore..so anyone can just come along and claim/steal your stuff because __________ has kept them down etc etc.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #66
coolman

There are many smart people that have screwed up other peoples cars too. It has nothing to do with being stupid ,but everything to do with not having respect for other peoples things any more. The stupid part is putting your car in the position to let disrespectful people damage it in the first place. I do however understand that it can't be helped sometimes if this is your daily driver and you have no choice.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #67
KTmaegan

Drives: 2011 2LT Chevy Camaro
I know how everyone feels here, i had my car only a month and someone opened their door and banged a dent in my fender. The lucky part is i was sitting in it when they did. The guy hurried and got in his car, tried to argue with me denying he had hit my car. Needless to say he paid over $400 in damages. just for a dent! If I wouldnt have been sittin in my car at the moment, I wouldve never known!
KTmaegan is offline   Reply With Quote