Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Count. Me. In.

So there was an unfortunate death in the family on my wife's side. As it turns out my wife has some money coming to her.

She told me today that even though she thinks it's a total waste of money, she knows it would make me super happy to get a super charger for my car. She said all i have to do is make a flyer/announcement for our son's Eagle Court of Honor and another for project grad.

I looked around for the spent roach clip or crack pipe, saw none and then pinched myself to see if I was hallucinating.

I have been modding behind her back for over a year now. Should I feel like a schmuck? Or should I just feel unadulterated elation? This is a serious breakthrough folks.

I have some money out on loan to a close friend who was seriously effected by the recent tornado here that I had been earmarking on the down low for an FI mod. I'm not worried about the time frame per se in which he pays me back but I'm very much wanting to do this mod in the next couple of months-in time for some upcoming summer car shows. Now it looks like I can.

Smoke your twin is coming....
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Well, that's an interesting turn of events. I can't wait to see you and Barry line up.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Oooooo sugar daddy...that's sad and awesome how it came about. Jak you have a A6 or M6? Can't wait to subscribe to your build thread.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Welp...hopefully I'll get to have another ride in your sixer one of these days ...after you get it SC'd!!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Oooooo sugar daddy...that's sad and awesome how it came about. Jak you have a A6 or M6? Can't wait to subscribe to your build thread.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
I know right? I be joining the FI 6MT club whichu and Smoke.

GGG, Barry just found out his car has for a long time had a bad O2 sensor. Heres how cool our dealer is. They just replaced it with SC installed under warranty. It had been surging and getting 9 mpg. His L99 is so reeeeediculous now. That would explain why my car could take him up until 80 or so. He never once cracked 13's at the track stock. I bet it'll be a good race until about 60mph then I get raped.

KM sure thing.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I know right? I be joining the FI 6MT club whichu and Smoke.

GGG, Barry just found out his car has for a long time had a bad O2 sensor. Heres how cool our dealer is. They just replaced it with SC installed under warranty. It had been surging and getting 9 mpg. His L99 is so reeeeediculous now. That would explain why my car could take him up until 80 or so. He never once cracked 13's at the track stock. I bet it'll be a good race until about 60mph then I get raped.

KM sure thing.
Well that's good news. I wouldn't count your car with a SC out in the 1/4 mile. From a roll you will give him a good run in 3rd, but then he's probably going to murder you if he's running enough boost.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Well that's good news. I wouldn't count your car with a SC out in the 1/4 mile. From a roll you will give him a good run in 3rd, but then he's probably going to murder you if he's running enough boost.
I'm hoping for some added strength. He's running 8PSI and according to the Kenne Bell guys, his particular system is setup for 650HP at the crank. I figure the RX SC V6 with Super Chiller which I have already purchased my setup will be good for close to 500HP at the crank.

Maybe you need to bring Gretchen up to play too. The Branson Airport guys are still open to doing a mile run. Barry and I would like to go run em wide open again. We just have to figure out how to do it without our insurance ppl knowing about. Small town so it's a challenge.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
I'm hoping for some added strength. He's running 8PSI and according to the Kenne Bell guys, his particular system is setup for 650HP at the crank. I figure the RX SC V6 with Super Chiller which I have already purchased my setup will be good for close to 500HP at the crank.

Maybe you need to bring Gretchen up to play too. The Branson Airport guys are still open to doing a mile run. Barry and I would like to go run em wide open again. We just have to figure out how to do it without our insurance ppl knowing about. Small town so it's a challenge.
Yeah, if he's running 8 PSI he'll kill you on the top end. I think it will be a bit closer in the 1/4th given you are a manual. Not saying he won't win most of the time, but it won't be anything like it is today.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
SIX that is awesome you have the go ahead from the wife for the SC kit.Cant wait to see your build come together.One thing that is going to be interesting to watch this year is the V6 FI fast list.Right know you can post a time slip and your on the list,but with all the FI builds coming out this year looks like if you want to stay on the list your going to have to step up your game.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
SIXJAK

I'm excited for you to get your ride back. She sounds so crazy.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Fortunate news out of an unfortunate event. Sorry for your loss but at the same time I'm excited to see your future build! Going to be awesome man!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Fortunate news out of an unfortunate event. Sorry for your loss but at the same time I'm excited to see your future build! Going to be awesome man!
Thanks and thanks. As is often the case it's both a bummer and a blessing. Couldn't really ask for a better father-in-law. Always cool never meddled or took occasion to let us know when we were screwing up. I'm sure we gave him plenty of opportunities-LOL. He was a Korean war Vet-purple heart recipient-he was a great man. My mother-in-law passed away 16 months ago after battling Alzheimer's for 12-13 years (thankfully my wife was adopted-her biological family tree isn't cursed with the ugly disease) and Pops was just done. He wanted to go be with his departed sweetheart. He left no debt or other financial messes behind for his children to stress about. In a strange way, I'm happy for him. And I'm thankful for him.

He dug cars and even with his modest earnings he always made sure he had a sweet ride, always paid cash and never owed anyone a dime. I'm sure somewhere up there he'll be stoked about the SC going on the Camaro. He's been confined to a bed since last Sept. In January he said he'd sure as hell get out of bed to take a ride in my Camaro. maybe he can ride shotgun after we install the SC. He would have loved to take a ride in that.
Happy Easter everyone.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Sorry for the loss of your wife's family member. On the other hand...CONGRATS!!! I may have the same thing happen to me. Got a pension case pending for my dad's passing. If it comes back cha-ching...I'm getting BOOSTED!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #14
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Thanks and thanks. As is often the case it's both a bummer and a blessing. Couldn't really ask for a better father-in-law. Always cool never meddled or took occasion to let us know when we were screwing up. I'm sure we gave him plenty of opportunities-LOL. He was a Korean war Vet-purple heart recipient-he was a great man. My mother-in-law passed away 16 months ago after battling Alzheimer's for 12-13 years (thankfully my wife was adopted-her biological family tree isn't cursed with the ugly disease) and Pops was just done. He wanted to go be with his departed sweetheart. He left no debt or other financial messes behind for his children to stress about. In a strange way, I'm happy for him. And I'm thankful for him.

He dug cars and even with his modest earnings he always made sure he had a sweet ride, always paid cash and never owed anyone a dime. I'm sure somewhere up there he'll be stoked about the SC going on the Camaro. He's been confined to a bed since last Sept. In January he said he'd sure as hell get out of bed to take a ride in my Camaro. maybe he can ride shotgun after we install the SC. He would have loved to take a ride in that.
Happy Easter everyone.
He sounds like he was a great man! And im sure he would love to sit shotty in that beast when its done
On a side note, your wife has been through alot, you should get her some flowers or surprise her with something sweet.
Wish you all the best man and you can be damn sure Ill be following your build thread
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote