Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #29
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdrum79 View Post
It doesn't have to scream luxury while sitting there. Get it on the road for a long period of time and you'll understand. The reason for my post is that I got it for less than 40K, which is around the price point of the Camaro
I would want. Comparing the two price points, the fit and finish for the C350 is better than the Camaro. Not saying it's bad at all but after my G6 experience I just needed something that doesn't squeak, rattle, break down (issues started the first week I got it) for a little while. Plus, the Camaro still needs to work out it's kinks.
WOW, under 40? You should feel great about that deal....nicely done!
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #30
kmdrum79

Drives: 2018 Audi SQ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
Dude, I have sat in both. NO COMPARISON. The Mercedes interior simply outclasses the Camaro. It is really not that close.

With that said, I am willing to compromise on luxury for the performance of the Camaro...unless things go south even more.

Mercedes/BMW/Audi are in a different league. You pay for it, but it IS a different league.
Thanks for the support. I'm still going to drool and probably follow every Camaro I see for a while.
kmdrum79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #31
Dakota Kid

Quote:
Thanks for the support. I'm still going to drool and probably follow every Camaro I see for a while.
We are car lovers, that is why we dwell here.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #32
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
Don't look at me, CR is the one who said it! CR always finds something it doesn't like; I was just connecting the dots between the OP's article about what CR said about the camaro's fit and finish and the MB's. No harm meant - just havin' fun here folks!!

All the respect in the world. I love all cars, even some ugly ones. LOL!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #33
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
To each his own. I'll take fun driving over a nicer interior anyday.

"The C300 isn't drunk with power, but with 221 pound-feet of torque from 2,700 to 5,000 rpm, and a quick-witted adaptive transmission with seven gears in the transom, the car always seems to be on the right foot. Zero-to-60-mph accel is about seven seconds..."

Yawn.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #34
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
To each his own. I'll take fun driving over a nicer interior anyday.

"The C300 isn't drunk with power, but with 221 pound-feet of torque from 2,700 to 5,000 rpm, and a quick-witted adaptive transmission with seven gears in the transom, the car always seems to be on the right foot. Zero-to-60-mph accel is about seven seconds..."

Yawn.
Not that it probably matters but it's the C350 so it has a little more power (268hp) than the C300 (228hp).

Anyway, never expected support for a Mercedes on a Camaro forum. I've just been here for a few years so I just thought I'd bring my opinion to the table. Have fun. I'll be the one in your rearview mirror.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #35
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
How did a post about GM feeling pressure from the government to build green econo-boxes instead of the Camaro turn into 2 pages of debating the merits of a $40K entry level luxury sedan?

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #36
jelly2m8

Drives: GM 2 seaters
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
"
Even so, the Camaro does not exactly fit the *eco-friendly image that politicians in Washington – who now have effective control of the company – are pushing GM, Ford Motor and Chrysler to adopt.
This pisses me off to no end! I do not and will not buy vehicles someone else thinks I should be driving!

I have bought 6 new vehicles in the past 18 years, and each one were purchased because that was the vehicle me, or my wife wanted.

I've been looking at new vehicles already and have walked out and went to another make because,

A) Salespeople tried to sell me something I did not want.

And /or

B) that manufacturer had nothing that even interested me at all.

I can understand the gangsters ( government ) wanting some say in which direction they think the manufacturers should be going if they are giving them billions of dollars, but also they need to allow the manufactures to make vehicles people WANT.

The Camaro is just one such vehicle, and I think the Challanger is too. These are vehicles that have sparked the consumers interest and has people talking.
This is a car people want, not need but will buy them anyway.

I myself have been disgusted with the products the big 3 have been making available to us over the past decade ( bar the Corvette ), but I will admit, the new Camaro suddenly has me interested in an affordable product of theirs.

The gangsters need to be careful with what they demand, they just may push away more consumers of domestic products.
jelly2m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #37
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Not that it probably matters but it's the C350 so it has a little more power (268hp) than the C300 (228hp).
Oh, I missed that, we're talking about the 350? That has a 0-60 of 6.3...it's not so much of a yawn but still dissapointing. Again though, to each his own. Performance > comfort for me.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #38
Dakota Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
How did a post about GM feeling pressure from the government to build green econo-boxes instead of the Camaro turn into 2 pages of debating the merits of a $40K entry level luxury sedan?
We gotta do something while we are waiting!!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #39
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
We're bored?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #40
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Oh, I missed that, we're talking about the 350? That has a 0-60 of 6.3...it's not so much of a yawn but still dissapointing. Again though, to each his own. Performance > comfort for me.
Buy my old G6 and it might change you. lol
Old 05-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #41
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
"
Even so, the Camaro does not exactly fit the *eco-friendly image that politicians in Washington – who now have effective control of the company – are pushing GM, Ford Motor and Chrysler to adopt.

A cornerstone of Chrysler’s court-supervised restructuring is an alliance with Fiat that will bring a stable of small, European-style, cars into North American showrooms.
The problem for GM (according to the politicians) is that Americans still want Camaros. These darn Camaro people are making the government look like fools. (like they needed our help -HA!) Washington knows best and you need a Fiat NOW!

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #42
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
A cornerstone of Chrysler’s court-supervised restructuring is an alliance with Fiat that will bring a stable of small, European-style, cars into North American showrooms.

What truly fuel efficient cars has Chrysler been producing? None really, at least GM makes cars with good fuel economy.