Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Wideband O2 Location

I have a 2010 LLT with OBX LT headers and no cats. There are resonators between the front & rear O2 ports that came with the headers. I have disabled the two rear O2 sensors from throwing codes through my Trifecta tune. I am looking on adding a wideband O2 sensor to the car soon & had a couple questions.

1) With it turned off does the ECM still use data from the rear O2 sensors?

2) Would it be OK to replace one of the rear O2 sensors with a wideband O2 and tie up the factory wire?

3) Is is OK to put the wideband sensor behind the resonator or should it be up near the front one?

Just wanted to see if this was a viable option or if I need to just pull the header and have e a bung welded in. Thanks in advance for any input.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:08 PM   #2
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
it should be as close to the collector as possible. The rear o2s are off with the tune. You could remove the rear o2s and plug the holes. you have to put the wide band between 10 and 2 o'clock when looking at the header so water does not ruin it. I wouldnt put it in place of a rear o2.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote