Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #1
Brutale arancia
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 46
Just wanted to say...

I am thoroughly enjoying this car. It's been many years since I drove just to be driving.
Brutale arancia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
VRZL113
 
VRZL113's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1, M6
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
I am thoroughly enjoying this car. It's been many years since I drove just to be driving.
Agreed.

My 13' ZL1 is such an awesome driving machine.

I always look forward to the warm weather and nice days to go for a nice cruise in it.
__________________
#3257 | Wix 49651 | Gates K080660HD (Green Belt) | ACDelco UPF48R | Mild2Wild
VRZL113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
silversleeper
Some ol' dude
 
silversleeper's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California
Posts: 573
They should have a sticky for "ZL1 driving impressions". I agree with your statement. It helps people considering whether a ZL1 is worth the extra money or right for them vs a newer 6th gen SS for the same money.
FI instant hp kick, magnetic ride, NPP exhaust (2 which can be had on SS's) do make a driving experience difference.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
NVRL8 ZL1
W8NN4U
 
NVRL8 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 136
When we need a gallon of milk or such, it usually takes us an hour and 20 miles to go 4 blocks to the store and back. Just because.
NVRL8 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
hntrgthrs
 
hntrgthrs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: NJ
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
They should have a sticky for "ZL1 driving impressions". I agree with your statement. It helps people considering whether a ZL1 is worth the extra money or right for them vs a newer 6th gen SS for the same money.
FI instant hp kick, magnetic ride, NPP exhaust (2 which can be had on SS's) do make a driving experience difference.
Just a wee bit.
__________________
2015 ZL1 Coupe - Summit White | Stock (for now)
hntrgthrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:38 AM   #6
zman1969
 
zman1969's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 R/S Z28 302 m20 Endura
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 392
I agree totally makes me wonder why I want to keep my 69 thought about selling and getting a 14-15 Z28
__________________
1969 RS Z/28 302
1969 Firebird LS6-6 speed TA clone
2015 Zl1
zman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:49 AM   #7
Brutale arancia
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRL8 ZL1 View Post
When we need a gallon of milk or such, it usually takes us an hour and 20 miles to go 4 blocks to the store and back. Just because.
The milk in the next town is better than the milk we can get here......
Brutale arancia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #8
HawkeyeZL1
 
HawkeyeZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2003 Silverado SS
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Cedar Rapids, Ia
Posts: 63
My five mile drive to work usually ends up a 15 to 20 mile drive.
__________________
My Rides
HawkeyeZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #9
hntrgthrs
 
hntrgthrs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: NJ
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
The milk in the next town is better than the milk we can get here......
"Upstate NY milk is just much fresher than what we can get in Jersey, honey!"
__________________
2015 ZL1 Coupe - Summit White | Stock (for now)
hntrgthrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 01:01 AM   #10
Red Hot ZL1
 
Red Hot ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Red Hot ZL1 Vert. M6.
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brandon, FL
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by hntrgthrs View Post
"Upstate NY milk is just much fresher than what we can get in Jersey, honey!"
Too cold up there for ZL1s. Go south.
Red Hot ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #11
VRZL113
 
VRZL113's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1, M6
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeZL1 View Post
My five mile drive to work usually ends up a 15 to 20 mile drive.
Yup!

I take the country roads home after work just to get a nice drive in with the ZL1.
__________________
#3257 | Wix 49651 | Gates K080660HD (Green Belt) | ACDelco UPF48R | Mild2Wild
VRZL113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #12
Hellfighter


 
Hellfighter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sugar Land/Texas
Posts: 2,299
Texas weather is in the 90's on a bright sunny day, and 80s sometime, so yeah them tires heat up fast!
__________________
Hellfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.