Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-29-2020, 07:02 PM   #15
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
It may be a little difficult to apply for some areas, but the pricing is outrageous IMO. You're basically applying a thick clear tint to the outside of the car.

These dent wizards are performing miracles. If it wasn't for them, you need to go to the body shop and have the car all bondoed up and repainted with a multi panel blend to adjacent panels costing thousands more. Also, you then ruin the originality of the car. The last part which would be my biggest concern.

These PPF guys are gouging the public. Most of them are using size adjusted precut templates from the plotting machine anyway.
The body shop gave me a quote of $600 then referred me to a pdr guy that does jobs for them. I would have never known the clear coat could be buffed out by how it looked.
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:48 AM   #16
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
It may be a little difficult to apply for some areas, but the pricing is outrageous IMO. You're basically applying a thick clear tint to the outside of the car.

These dent wizards are performing miracles. If it wasn't for them, you need to go to the body shop and have the car all bondoed up and repainted with a multi panel blend to adjacent panels costing thousands more. Also, you then ruin the originality of the car. The last part which would be my biggest concern.

These PPF guys are gouging the public. Most of them are using size adjusted precut templates from the plotting machine anyway.
Mine is not tinted, it's clear, and is a self healing form of PPF. Light scratches correct themselves out in the heat of the sun or from a heat gun. The film was cut on a plotting machine, yes, but from a computer program making the pieces the exact size of the panels they were to be applied to. It's protecting my paint from stone chips and lighter road debris, not from door dings, two totally separate things.

The entire front clip of this has PPF applied to it.