Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-01-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
Roadking107

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Tuning Help!

I’ve a 2014 ZL! Auto. I had a 2.45 grip tech upper pulley ID1050x injectors, Cr racing heat exchanger and JLT CAI installed today. The tuner came to the shop and put in tune for the injectors to street tune the car. He said bank one and two fuel was off but then settled down. Shortly after heading out for the street tune the transmission surged once but then seemed o.k. The tuner decided to tune the transmission and things went downhill from there. The car will not run right and the torque converter is slipping. We went to the chev dealer to reset the transmission. The dealer says their computer doesn’t see the tune and can’t reset the transmission or engine. The car ran fine before tuning. Help please
Roadking107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #2
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Find a new tuner.

Why in the world is your tuner tuning the transmission after all those mods and not first correctly tuning the engine?

What fuel system are you running?
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #3
Roadking107

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking107 View Post
I’ve a 2014 ZL! Auto. I had a 2.45 grip tech upper pulley ID1050x injectors, Cr racing heat exchanger and JLT CAI installed today. The tuner came to the shop and put in tune for the injectors to street tune the car. He said bank one and two fuel was off but then settled down. Shortly after heading out for the street tune the transmission surged once but then seemed o.k. The tuner decided to tune the transmission and things went downhill from there. The car will not run right and the torque converter is slipping. We went to the chev dealer to reset the transmission. The dealer says their computer doesn’t see the tune and can’t reset the transmission or engine. The car ran fine before tuning. Help please
I’m cautiously optimistic. Looks like the shop that installed the parts forgot to tighten the positive battery cable down. I noticed the positive battery cable was very loose I tightened the cable and the car ran much better right away. The tuner reloaded the tune and it seems o.k.
Roadking107 is offline   Reply With Quote