Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #1
MrRabbit24

Drives: 2014 White camaro 1ss automatic L99
BMR suspension

Well i recently purchased some badass BMR suspension parts, but i have only one concern. Each time i get in and out of the driveway i hear it pop its probably past the break in period but i dont know if Firestone did not tighten to spec or what is causeing it.
Attached Images

MrRabbit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:16 AM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
pop as in "endlinks" or "swaybar"? hearing it from the front or back? Not sure what all suspension parts you got. There is more than one you know...lol.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:51 AM   #3
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
sounds like something may have been tighten before the car was sitting on all 4...timing or clocking the suspension components is very important and that popping to me sounds like a bushing....would not hurt to have them double check everything...

good luck and report back!

peace
Old 06-13-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
MrRabbit24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
pop as in "endlinks" or "swaybar"? hearing it from the front or back? Not sure what all suspension parts you got. There is more than one you know...lol.
Thank you, the most recent suspension work has been done to the rear and its definitely comeing from the rear never usto do this before. On straightline its fine but if i hit a small bump just pops or if i get into my driveway it pops.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2018, 09:43 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Well, the 1st thing is that you have our version with Rod Ends. Rod Ends are always going to be noisier than a version with Poly or the OEM Rubber. The reason being is that there is nothing to absorb any NVH.

That being said, it still could definitely be something else
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #6
MrRabbit24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Well, the 1st thing is that you have our version with Rod Ends. Rod Ends are always going to be noisier than a version with Poly or the OEM Rubber. The reason being is that there is nothing to absorb any NVH.

That being said, it still could definitely be something else
Oh it has nothing to do with your parts, i know what i got myself into dailying the car and the noise that comes with TC went over it with me before i made my purchase. Just pops loudly like something is loose or shifted out of place. The pictures above is what just seemed to be leaveing any type of mark. Your product is amazing and is very inpressive. I plan on doing coliovers soon so ill give TC a call when ready dude knows his stuff.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #7
MrRabbit24

Update: upon putting the car on the rack look like the noise is comeing from just the right passenger side. I was recommended to remove sway bar links because they thinks thats were the popping sound is comeing from only when the car is at a angle. The squeaking seems to be comeing from the Toe Rods/trailing arms. I will be picking up some chain oil re lube everything give a couple more days see if it fixis the problem. I just think it was not adjusted properly. To snyone intrested on BMR suspension products dont let this deter you from buying their stuff as i am 100% satisfied with quality,finish, and gains very very very minimal wheel hop car does not rock
Attached Images

Last edited by MrRabbit24; 06-14-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #8
MrRabbit24

Update: Got home removed anti roll bar links and vuala the poping sounds gone. Why did i have to remove links i would like some input on what it can possibly be. The anti roll bar does not even budge when i removed the links like there is no play what so ever was it over tighten? Any info would be helpful thank you. Passenger side still creaks :( put more teflon oil spray.

Last edited by MrRabbit24; 06-14-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #9
MrRabbit24

Update: do these need to be replaced? Upon looking at my sway bar links i found these groves in the bottom of the eylet.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #10
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRabbit24 View Post
Update: do these need to be replaced? Upon looking at my sway bar links i found these groves in the bottom of the eylet.
Those look to have been twisted too far or misaligned causing the damage. Very interesting considering this is not a rock crawler... I also noticed they are nearly maxed out in one of your installed pictures, the geometry seems flawed. If you jack up one corner and look I'd bet you will see the spacers/bolts touching that bent section.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #11
MrRabbit24

Update on squeaking, during install on the toe rods they did not spray the teflon lubericant on the parts circled. They shook it several times and figured it out. $ 67.00 dollar fix but its quiet so far i hope because of his mistake there isnt badly damaged :(
Attached Images