Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #15
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I think Pfadt and Eibach are some of the most popular ones. Eibach simply because of the price.

All of the Mfgs are going to have reasons why theirs are better than the next guy. It's a very tuff decision and you won't go wrong with any of those choices.

I was torn between Pfadt vs Pedders vs Hotchkis myself. All of these are going to be quality springs. I ultimately went with Hotchkis for few reasons.....I've used Hotchkis in the past on my First Gens with great success.....I got them shipped to my door for $285.....and I didn't have to cut the bump stops.

Since all the brands were virtually the same, price played a pretty big factor for me. I was able to get both the springs and an aligment for about the same price as just the Pedders springs and just a little more than what just the Pfadt springs cost.

I put them on a few days ago and so far just as everyone has said the ride is only ever so slightly stiffer than before but not by much and the look is worth every bit of that. I was going to wait to have it a week or two before posting up my final thoughts.

Another Mfg to consider is BMR. They usually make good products and thier springs are like $240 from what a remember. Only bad thing with BMR is that they are a few weeks out from shipping.

Here is a pic of mine with the Hotchkis.
I think caverman makes an excellent point. He posted what his requirements were, the brands he was looking at, and ultimately what he decided on. This is what it is about. Thanks for posting this, this is great info.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #16
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I love'm so much, I ordered a set of swaybars to 'help' control the car even more. And really appreciated talking to you guys at C5F.
Certainly!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I just found out the new build Camaros have different springs... Can you PM me a price for these... The ones in transit to me now will not fit.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #18
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I just found out the new build Camaros have different springs... Can you PM me a price for these... The ones in transit to me now will not fit.
PM'd!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock View Post
where is the best place to buy ... or is the price on the pfadt site as good as it gets?
We have them in stock and offer free shipping, a nice little added value!
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #20
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Lowering springs

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I want a 1" or 1.25" drop but I don't want a harsh ride (we love to travel to Camaro events ) and I would prefer to not cut the bump stops. Is this something that Pfadt suggests or do they actually require cutting them? If I choose Pfadt and don't cut them what can I expect?
Thanks

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #21
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcu678 View Post
I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I want a 1" or 1.25" drop but I don't want a harsh ride (we love to travel to Camaro events ) and I would prefer to not cut the bump stops. Is this something that Pfadt suggests or do they actually require cutting them? If I choose Pfadt and don't cut them what can I expect?
Thanks
Hi fcu678,

I'd like to explain why we reccommend cutting the bumpstops in our procedure. Our Pfadt drop springs provide a 1.25" drop approximately. As a result of this change in static ride height, the usable region of the damper travel is offset, to be approximately 1.25" lower. The Camaro has a very limited amount of bump travel to begin with, before contacting the OEM bumpstops. We recommend to trim 1" from the bumpstop in our installation procedure to give you back that 1.00" of damper travel, that is not influenced by the added spring rate of the bump rubber. We leave some bump stop in place to give a rising rate on big hits. Because dampers function by resisting the shaft velocity, this offset operating region has no negative effects on the component durability, or performance. Just ask all of our customers who have done this, and love the ride and performance as a result of it.

This conclusion was made from testing, and experiencing harsh bump characteristics that some have mentioned, who have not cut them. This of course, is just our position in regards to our own product installation. I hope that helps clarify the reasoning.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #22
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Hi fcu678,

I'd like to explain why we reccommend cutting the bumpstops in our procedure. Our Pfadt drop springs provide a 1.25" drop approximately. As a result of this change in static ride height, the usable region of the damper travel is offset, to be approximately 1.25" lower. The Camaro has a very limited amount of bump travel to begin with, before contacting the OEM bumpstops. We recommend to trim 1" from the bumpstop in our installation procedure to give you back that 1.00" of damper travel, that is not influenced by the added spring rate of the bump rubber. We leave some bump stop in place to give a rising rate on big hits. Because dampers function by resisting the shaft velocity, this offset operating region has no negative effects on the component durability, or performance. Just ask all of our customers who have done this, and love the ride and performance as a result of it.

This conclusion was made from testing, and experiencing harsh bump characteristics that some have mentioned, who have not cut them. This of course, is just our position in regards to our own product installation. I hope that helps clarify the reasoning.
Thanks for the explanation.............Now I need to make a decision........

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #23
PonyCrusher
Back in Black

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Giantsfan I was in the same boat as you. I wanted at least the same drop you did, but quite frankly there arent many companies out there offering more then that. I had I not lucked out and got the springs I did from Legend, I def would have gone with H&R. Heard alot of good things about them and they had the drop amount I was looking for