Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #29
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
Too late to take one tonight but I took this early this morning. Notice the hood. I waxed it wednesday

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
sigma can you post some pics of your SIM... i wanna see how it looks... my zyno gives me a nice look but not that deep glorius look
Old 03-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #30
sigma_1966
My baby is here

rained today. Water on car was beaded and came off while driving. No water spots and stil have a good shine
Old 03-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #31
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post
rained today. Water on car was beaded and came off while driving. No water spots and stil have a good shine
I'm definitely going to have to try that on mine. How does it make the SIM look? Does it make it deeper? Any pics other than the one above?
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #32
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I was going to save up for the Adams kit, but this looks great.
I need to clay and polish the car first though, anyone have any good recommendations?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #33
sigma_1966
My baby is here

I just took this one. Its overcast here however if you look near the gas tank lid you will see the reflection of the mini van across the street 3 houses down.

I did the NXT wax last Wednesday and have not done anything to the car other than dust it on sunday night. It rained yesterday and it still shines like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
I'm definitely going to have to try that on mine. How does it make the SIM look? Does it make it deeper? Any pics other than the one above?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #34
bwpaint

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I was going to save up for the Adams kit, but this looks great.
I need to clay and polish the car first though, anyone have any good recommendations?
I am a hug meguire's fan, but prefer Mother's clay. It is softer. Along with Mother's detailer or Meg. Ultimate detailer....works great.

Just FYI to those that have a hardtime with bugs like we do down here in Texas. There is a product by Eagle One called 'Never Dull'.... It is made to restore chrome and metals of all kinds and works great for that. But one day I was suing it on my GoldWing and could not get some bugs off with anything else and tried the Never Dull....OMG!!! worked great and does not scratch.....Give it a try, it is the best bug remover I have ever used (and I am really old).....after removing bugs with Never Dull, give the paint a quick polish and wax and you are good-to-go!
Fastlane Turbo, PFADTCoilovers, PFADT Trailing Arms, PFADT Differential Bushings, Borla ATAKs, Cam, Duece Fuel Pump, Aux Transmission Cooler, Circle D 3200 Torque Converter, Circle D Transmission Upgrade, Under Pulley, Dyno'd at 615 RWTQ @ 12psi
11' Rear Tires, Nittos NT05Rs
Double-Din with Pioneer CD/Stereo/GPS

64.5 Ford Mustang
Ford F-350
2006 Honda GoldWing
1992 Harley-Davidson Softtail Custom
www.webwize.com
www.webwizebackup.com
bwpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #35
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
I'm a TW ice guy, but I've heard great things about the NXT 2.0, and on a whim picked up a bottle at Lowes of all places. I'm not sure if I'll try it, or keep working with the ice.

As far as bugs go, I wouldn't feel comfortable using never dull on my paint (I've used it on bikes before). My tips on bugs:

1.not to sound like an ICE spokesmane, but that was pretty much all my jeep and my gf's hyundai have seen in 3 years, and there are no problems with bugs on either one. NXT 2.0 is also a polymer, and will probably work well for this as well.

2. Soak, soak, soak. When washing, I make it a point to spray the front with water first, then wash last. I will also often times wash the front once, leave it soapy, let it soak for a minute or two, then wash it again.

3. This is kind of tough to do on a car, but another trick is to wet a towel, and lay it across the bug affected area to soak the bugs. This works really good on motorcycle windshields, but I haven't really done it on a car
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #36
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post
I just took this one. Its overcast here however if you look near the gas tank lid you will see the reflection of the mini van across the street 3 houses down.

I did the NXT wax last Wednesday and have not done anything to the car other than dust it on sunday night. It rained yesterday and it still shines like that

That looks great! I'm definitely going to try NXT!
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote