Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Exclamation "Getting to know your Camaro" -- Quick Refrence Guide for Camaro Features

This attachment contains a PDF file that tells you the basics of using/knowing your camaro.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2010CamaroGTK.pdf (1.50 MB, 8406 views)
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Thanks!
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
EDIT: Thanks for setting me straight Number 3.

Last edited by Inspector 17; 03-29-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
good find...
Old 03-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
hmmmm
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I've read and re read page 5 and all it says it that you can use either the manual or power seat adjuster to move the seat forward. So I guess you could call it a "quick" release if you quickly reach down and release the maual seat adjuster and move the seat forward.

What are you seeing on page 5 that indicates something different? I've gone over both cars trying to find something.

I know the S-10 exetended cabs way back in the mid 80s had a cable such that when you folded the seat forward it pulled on the adjuster level to release it so you simply folded the seat forward and slid it forward in one motion. Cool.

Last edited by Number 3; 03-29-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I've read and re read page 5 and all it says it that you can use either the manual or power seat adjuster to move the seat forward. So I guess you could call it a "quick" release if you quickly reach down and release the maual seat adjuster and move the seat forward.

What are you seeing on page 5 that indicates something different? I've gone over both cars trying to find something.

I know the S-10 exetended cabs way back in the mid 80s had a cable such that when you folded the seat forward it pulled on the adjuster level to release it so you simply folded the seat forward and slid it forward in one motion. Cool.
I actually was editing my post as you were typing yours. You might want to delete my quote in your post so as not to confuse anyone. Thanks Number 3!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
thanks! I have all the info, just need the car now!!
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
okay still a little confusion on the "exterior/interior lighting" section.

there is obviously a turn wheel for all of these different lights but how does it know if you want to control the headlights, parking lights, or the DRLs? is the button just an on/off switch and the wheel turns to which function you want to access?
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
okay still a little confusion on the "exterior/interior lighting" section.

there is obviously a turn wheel for all of these different lights but how does it know if you want to control the headlights, parking lights, or the DRLs? is the button just an on/off switch and the wheel turns to which function you want to access?
bob, we have the exact same control on our Enclave. So in auto, the lights will turn on and off automatically. If the headlights are off, then the DRLs are on automatically. You push the button in to turn on the foglights (and you must do it every time you want them on. They turn off when you turn the car off). If you push the button when the DRLs are on, it will turn the foglights on along with the parking lights. I think it might keep the DRLs on in the Enclave also, but not 100% sure. If you turn the wheel to the left, it will turn the automatic lights off. I am not 100% sure if the DRLs shut off at this time, but I think they do. If you turn the knob to the right one click, the parking lights come on. One more click and the headlights come on in any situation. Does this help? I can go out to the Enclave and mess around if you want some more answers, but again that's on the Enclave and I am only assuming that it is the same as the Camaro.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
bob, we have the exact same control on our Enclave. So in auto, the lights will turn on and off automatically. If the headlights are off, then the DRLs are on automatically. You push the button in to turn on the foglights (and you must do it every time you want them on. They turn off when you turn the car off). If you push the button when the DRLs are on, it will turn the foglights on along with the parking lights. I think it might keep the DRLs on in the Enclave also, but not 100% sure. If you turn the wheel to the left, it will turn the automatic lights off. I am not 100% sure if the DRLs shut off at this time, but I think they do. If you turn the knob to the right one click, the parking lights come on. One more click and the headlights come on in any situation. Does this help? I can go out to the Enclave and mess around if you want some more answers, but again that's on the Enclave and I am only assuming that it is the same as the Camaro.
yep that works, im going to have the RS package so basically the only thing i have to worry about is occasionally turning on the headlights. i was just looking at that button and getting really really confused. thanks!
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #12
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
yep that works, im going to have the RS package so basically the only thing i have to worry about is occasionally turning on the headlights. i was just looking at that button and getting really really confused. thanks!
You are welcome. My guess is that you won't have to mess with the button much at all. The only time I mess with ours is when I want the foglights on. Other than that, the DRLs cover any time that I might have turned the lights on.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
You are welcome. My guess is that you won't have to mess with the button much at all. The only time I mess with ours is when I want the foglights on. Other than that, the DRLs cover any time that I might have turned the lights on.
My Colly is very much the same. The only time I touch anything is to turn the fog lights on or off..

Page 6. The screen indicates "comfort and convenience", is there a seat position memory feature there?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
My Colly is very much the same. The only time I touch anything is to turn the fog lights on or off..

Page 6. The screen indicates "comfort and convenience", is there a seat position memory feature there?
I don't think so. I looked through some other materials and didn't see any mention or frankly any memory position buttons in any pictures.