Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #169
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Then explain covering the exact issue on high priced models, but not on the HHR or Solstice. Same admitted problem from same supplier. Escalades and Sierras....extended warranty. HHR and Solstice... Go suck it . When their own dealers state it in addition to the obvious, I believe it.
So back in the mid 90's GM had an issue of bad solder joints on the control boards on the wiper motors on S-10 Blazers, pickups, and Astro Vans. Of which I owned all three. I had that issue on all 3 of them and all after the warranty expired, guess what, they only fixed the S-10 Blazer under a recall, why the others were not recalled for the exact same problem I don't know, but the price of the vehicle had nothing to do with it.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #170
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
So back in the mid 90's GM had an issue of bad solder joints on the control boards on the wiper motors on S-10 Blazers, pickups, and Astro Vans. Of which I owned all three. I had that issue on all 3 of them and all after the warranty expired, guess what, they only fixed the S-10 Blazer under a recall, why the others were not recalled for the exact same problem I don't know, but the price of the vehicle had nothing to do with it.
people get over this, i dont care what you drive g. d. it you dont need 50 keys on the same ring. when you cross the road without looking, do you bitch if you get hit? common sense needs to play a part somewhere, how did people survive the old west days
dont need any other brains input, lets simplify everything to the point of round peg in round hole so the idiots are safe
Old 06-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #171
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I have been driving since 1956 and have purchased more than 20 cars new. I have NEVER got a car that I had as much quality problems with it as this Camaro. It's like they have cut back their QC department and are letting the customer do the process of finding defects. I am thoroughly disgusted with GM at this point, and the dealer has not been that good about things. I had a meeting with the owner and service manager and he wants to make me happy, but needs to do something about some of his service personnel and scream at GM about upgrading their QC.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #172
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Actually, I did the math on the ignition switch.

It is about 0.00001:1, not 1%. Check my math.
Gm should have done a voluntary recall when this problem was first reported. The fact that they did know what could happen,and didn't react is a major concern.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #173
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
I have been driving since 1956 and have purchased more than 20 cars new. I have NEVER got a car that I had as much quality problems with it as this Camaro. It's like they have cut back their QC department and are letting the customer do the process of finding defects. I am thoroughly disgusted with GM at this point, and the dealer has not been that good about things. I had a meeting with the owner and service manager and he wants to make me happy, but needs to do something about some of his service personnel and scream at GM about upgrading their QC.
There's always a few bad apples here and there out of the bunch! When stuff happen just because you don't like it can't blame GM! Just know it happens and let them fix it!
Old 06-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #174
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
There are a ton of possible reasons for GM not covering one model vs another with the same issue.

And no dealer, for any car manufacturer, knows anything about what's goes on at the manufacturer. They sure as shit don't know why the manufacturer dies what it does.
They dealt with GM on these issues, so they heard GM responses. And covering the identical issue on one car and not another? Absolute BS
Old 06-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #175
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Actually, I did the math on the ignition switch.

It is about 0.00001:1, not 1%. Check my math.
So that makes the dead acceptable?
Old 06-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #176
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
people get over this, i dont care what you drive g. d. it you dont need 50 keys on the same ring. when you cross the road without looking, do you bitch if you get hit? common sense needs to play a part somewhere, how did people survive the old west days
dont need any other brains input, lets simplify everything to the point of round peg in round hole so the idiots are safe
The key weight was a smoke screen cooked up by GM to blame the drivers. It has already been admitted that they KNOWINGLY put defective switches in the cars. One shut off being driven by a GM exec to a press preview. No extra keys.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #177
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Gm should have done a voluntary recall when this problem was first reported. The fact that they did know what could happen,and didn't react is a major concern.
You ever watch fight club? There's that scene where Edward Norton explains when a car company will do a recall. I'm going to choose to not be as cynical as his character, the point being that every manufacturer will do what GM has done. Yes it's bad, yes if would rather they don't, but making GM the whipping boy seems a bit unfair. After all it was just a few years ago that Toyota had run away cars murder people in balls of flames too.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #178
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Yup.

Stupid + Dead = Darwin.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #179
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yup.

Stupid + Dead = Darwin.
Pathetic to blame the dead for GM negligence. Good old GM thinking
Old 06-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #180
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
You ever watch fight club? There's that scene where Edward Norton explains when a car company will do a recall. I'm going to choose to not be as cynical as his character, the point being that every manufacturer will do what GM has done. Yes it's bad, yes if would rather they don't, but making GM the whipping boy seems a bit unfair. After all it was just a few years ago that Toyota had run away cars murder people in balls of flames too.
GM is the flavour of the month right now...Keep in mind that most of the parts on these cars are out sourced. They are developed by the company then manufactured by the supplier with strict quality controls. In GMs case. it was the supplier that brought it to their attention. GM . ..knowing what the supplier had discovered , told them that the product was good to go. Ive said it already...a voluntary recall when this problem was discovered would have been the best move.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #181
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
GM is the flavour of the month right now...Keep in mind that most of the parts on these cars are out sourced. They are developed by the company then manufactured by the supplier with strict quality controls. In GMs case. it was the supplier that brought it to their attention. GM . ..knowing what the supplier had discovered , told them that the product was good to go. Ive said it already...a voluntary recall when this problem was discovered would have been the best move.
Well, rontammy0 my friend, I hate to say this but talking about it isn't going to do any good,! You need to take action by selling your Camaro ! You know it's all love and respect!

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 06-08-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #182
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
You aren't doing anything by talking about it! Sell your Camaro!

Closed Thread