Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #15
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
I can't not have a truck. I love my muscle cars, but there's just something about a truck! I'd say if you can swing one to do it, you won't regret it. I will suggest going with the full size over the mid size. Your gonna pay about the same and with the full size you get more capability. Either way you won't look back.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #16
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
So you are looking at mid-size? I understand they are flying off the shelves. I flirted with one a few months ago. The dealer stuck to the listed price so I stopped corresponding. It was gone the next week.
Pretty much so. The full sized just seem massive to me. My issue is more with the trade-in. One of the dealers is two hours from me and the other is three. Not horrible, but not easy either to just drive over so they can look at it. I'd have to dedicate a day or even two to do it and I'd hate to drive out there and get low-balled and then waste the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
Bought my 1st truck in 85. Didn't need a truck but wanted 4X4. With exception of a 2000 Blazer 4X4 I've only owned trucks and Corvettes. My last one is a 2014 Tacoma Off Road. Think Colorado was only all wheel then. Looked at a Colorado a couple months ago. Didn't seem there was much size difference between that and a full size. Overall length diff ~ 12"
They are definitely a good size, but I don't really want to feel liek I'm driving a bus for purposes of parking and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
LOL

This is what alot of my friends with trucks have learned. Once you have a truck, you are the default go to friend to help people move
Pretty much everyone I know has a truck. That was another thing I forgot to mention initially. I have access to them if I need it but then you have to arrange to switch cars.

I had this conversation with a coworker and he suggested renting one of those trucks from Home Depot when I need one. Not a bad idea either. I mean there are always alternatives but being able to just hop in your truck and go is pretty nice too. Plus an SUV seems like just a small step up from a minivan to me. The truck seems more manly haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyIOM View Post
I can't not have a truck. I love my muscle cars, but there's just something about a truck! I'd say if you can swing one to do it, you won't regret it. I will suggest going with the full size over the mid size. Your gonna pay about the same and with the full size you get more capability. Either way you won't look back.

Yeah but I'm not expecting to do much with it. My dad is the handy type and always had a Sonoma or S-10. Seemed to be plenty big enough.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #17
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I traded my 2003 Tundra for the Camaro last year. I still miss it.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #18
dustin0284

Drives: 2014 BRM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I traded my 2003 Tundra for the Camaro last year. I still miss it.
I'm sure you do. They pushed at the dealership for my truck, but would only give me $5,000 for it.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #19
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
Here's my situation. My current DD/practical vehicle is a 2012 Equinox LTZ. It's a great vehicle with low miles (about 32K) and is paid off. But lately I find myself wanting a pickup truck, specifically a GMC Canyon. I don't really see a need for a full-sized, though I could probably get one for around the same price. I've been in touch with a couple dealers but I put the communication on hold for now.

I bought a new house about a year ago and I'm trying to convince myself that the truck would be more practical. I'm not a big do-it-yourself-er or anything but there have been a few times already where a truck may have been more beneficial than an SUV for hauling purposes. Then again, the covered back of the SUV is good for transporting things when the weather is bad. I don't have kids but I'd get a crew cab for times when I might have passengers.

I'm just trying to get some neutral perspectives. I feel like part of me may be trying to fill the new car void that was created by my currently stored Camaro. I don't necessarily want another car payment but I could afford it and I feel like if a truck is in my future anyway it's better to trade in the Equinox now when it'll be worth more than ever. I also have $1000 of my GM Card earnings plus an additional $750 bonus I got to put towards it.

Let me know what you guys think.
Hi! I'm your evil conscience...

You just bought a new house... this is the important thing right here. NEW HOUSE.

Job situation? Really look at it! I'm mean really look at it! If you lost it, would you be able to keep your NEW HOUSE w/ or w/ out that new truck?

Want -vs- Need! You want? You said you don't want a new car payment. You don't NEED a new truck, you WANT a new truck.

I have a truck. You know how many times I use it to brink stuff home? ZERO! They deliver stuff for free!

Save your money!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #20
O.F.

Drives: 2015 BLK/BLK 2SS/RS MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Hi! I'm your evil conscience...

You just bought a new house... this is the important thing right here. NEW HOUSE.

Job situation? Really look at it! I'm mean really look at it! If you lost it, would you be able to keep your NEW HOUSE w/ or w/ out that new truck?

Want -vs- Need! You want? You said you don't want a new car payment. You don't NEED a new truck, you WANT a new truck.

I have a truck. You know how many times I use it to brink stuff home? ZERO! They deliver stuff for free!

Save your money!
What do you use your truck for?
O.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #21
sherob

It's used for bad weather days only... if snow is bad enough I can't get my Camaro out of my neighborhood only, since it's not plowed like primary roads are.

It's a 2007 Honda Ridgeline, bought new when I moved to Colorado. I never drove in snow before, so got a fulltime 4x4. Needed more of a family hauler w/ a bed for the new house, I thought. It just collects snow.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #22
O.F.

Quote:
It's used for bad weather days only... if snow is bad enough I can't get my Camaro out of my neighborhood only, since it's not plowed like primary roads are.

It's a 2007 Honda Ridgeline, bought new when I moved to Colorado. I never drove in snow before, so got a fulltime 4x4. Needed more of a family hauler w/ a bed for the new house, I thought. It just collects snow.
Not even a truck but amazingly made 2017 truck of the year.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #23
sherob

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F. View Post
Not even a truck but amazingly made 2017 truck of the year.
My 2007 isn't even the same as the 2017. Like I sad in my post... "Needed more of a family hauler w/ a bed". It's a Honda, and I'll put that Honda quality up against anything that is on the road... period!

I've owned Ford, Dodge, GMC, Toyota, and Nissan trucks. I'll take my Ridgeline, thanks!

Old 01-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #24
O.F.

Quote:
My 2007 isn't even the same as the 2017. Like I sad in my post... "Needed more of a family hauler w/ a bed". It's a Honda, and I'll put that Honda quality up against anything that is on the road... period!

I've owned Ford, Dodge, GMC, Toyota, and Nissan trucks. I'll take my Ridgeline, thanks!
I read your post. Your money, your choice.
Just don't use the bed for too much.

I'm biased too...my sixth one.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #25
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:

Honda should stick to cars. The Ridgeline is a nice "truck" for soccer moms. I certainly look forward to unloading half a ton of mulch on the side of the road to get to my spare tire.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #26
sherob

I had a 91 Toyota Pickup, before they became Tacoma's. It was a base model, el cheapo... $8000 off the lot... A/C only. It was a great truck, and I liked it a lot, had 100k miles on the odo when I had to trade it for a bigger vehicle (family). Was my 2nd favorite truck. It did things fullsize trucks couldn't... was amazed at it. It was a great truck for me at the time.

I would use it the same as I would the YO... except it's already lined, and has a trunk too.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #27
sherob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Honda should stick to cars. The Ridgeline is a nice "truck" for soccer moms. I certainly look forward to unloading half a ton of mulch on the side of the road to get to my spare tire.

Over 120k miles on my Ridgeline... never touched it, besides moving things around it. Had over 100k on my 91 Toyota Pickup... never touched it either... come to think of it.

I've owned several of their motorcycles too. Great bikes, as well! Their lawnmowers rock too!

Old 01-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #28
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

My Tundra had 150k on it when I traded it and was an amazing vehicle. 5k after an oil change it was still right on the full line and golden in color. Of course that was the 4.7L Lexus 4 cam motor. Only 250hp, but quiet and smooth.

Honda really should have put the spare under the truck. It's a soccer mom vehicle with a bed. Nothing wrong with that, but a Tacoma will eat it's lunch as a true pickup, especially off-road.