Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #449
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm holding off and reserving a spot simply becasue I'm not really sure if my car will be done. Ted and his chassis guy didn't like the springs that came on the Pfadt drag specific coil overs. They think the back is to soft and the front is to stiff and that the tires will slam into the fenders. Obviousy Matt, Aaron, Blair and myself have discussed this but it's Ted's baby so it's his call. Pfadt hooked me up with another spring package we can run, that was two weeks ago and counting. They are getting drop shipped from the manufacturer and thats who is behind. It's out of Pfadts hands at this point.

With the stock ride height the tires cleared the fenders but with the drag setup the rear is 3/4 of an inch lower in the rear. Here's what it looked like at only 650 rwhp. Pretty close but no issues. Add another hundy and subtract 3/4" and who knows. The shock itself should control all that being designed that way but again it's Teds call.

I hear ya man. It looks like you were cutting it close to begin with and Im still amazed you did that on the stock suspension lol. Pretty badass man almost doing a wheelie It sucks when stuff like that happens, happened to em with my MGW shifter. I had my appointment all setup and I was waiting and waiting for the tracking. Called them up a few days later and they said "oh yeah we told you it was all in stock, well we don't have one piece". Luckily they had one built that someone cancelled their order.

I would imagine that the drag stuff should be able to do that. I hooked up my gopro to my car and I was playing with my suspension adjusting it. Car squats but I have it full hard in the rear and it keeps it nicely under control for non-drag specific stuff.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #450
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
I'm holding off and reserving a spot simply becasue I'm not really sure if my car will be done. Ted and his chassis guy didn't like the springs that came on the Pfadt drag specific coil overs. They think the back is to soft and the front is to stiff and that the tires will slam into the fenders. Obviousy Matt, Aaron, Blair and myself have discussed this but it's Ted's baby so it's his call. Pfadt hooked me up with another spring package we can run, that was two weeks ago and counting. They are getting drop shipped from the manufacturer and thats who is behind. It's out of Pfadts hands at this point.

With the stock ride height the tires cleared the fenders but with the drag setup the rear is 3/4 of an inch lower in the rear. Here's what it looked like at only 650 rwhp. Pretty close but no issues. Add another hundy and subtract 3/4" and who knows. The shock itself should control all that being designed that way but again it's Teds call.
Dude, how many phone books you stuff under your ass to see out when the front is that high in the air...I could change the oil under there when it's like that...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #451
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Dude, how many phone books you stuff under your ass to see out when the front is that high in the air...I could change the oil under there when it's like that...
Who the F*#k worries about seeing!!! I figure if I hold the wheel straight I shouldn't hit anything. Keep your eye out for the new JRE Gen V booster seat. Designed for the 5'6 and under crowd. So really just PQ and myself and with the way that fool has been driving he needs all the visibility he can get!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #452
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post

I hear ya man. It looks like you were cutting it close to begin with and Im still amazed you did that on the stock suspension lol. Pretty badass man almost doing a wheelie It sucks when stuff like that happens, happened to em with my MGW shifter. I had my appointment all setup and I was waiting and waiting for the tracking. Called them up a few days later and they said "oh yeah we told you it was all in stock, well we don't have one piece". Luckily they had one built that someone cancelled their order.

I would imagine that the drag stuff should be able to do that. I hooked up my gopro to my car and I was playing with my suspension adjusting it. Car squats but I have it full hard in the rear and it keeps it nicely under control for non-drag specific stuff.
Thankfully it's so early in the year in not really missing much. Pfadt also gave us the spring sizes/dimensions so we can also get then elsewhere. Ill know my next move in the next day or so.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #453
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Who the F*#k worries about seeing!!! I figure if I hold the wheel straight I shouldn't hit anything. Keep your eye out for the new JRE Gen V booster seat. Designed for the 5'6 and under crowd. So really just PQ and myself and with the way that fool has been driving he needs all the visibility he can get!!
damn, my secrets out... I figure at the mile if I close my eyes for 21-22 seconds and then stand on the brakes it's over...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 02-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #454
VanquisherSS

Quote:
damn, my secrets out... I figure at the mile if I close my eyes for 21-22 seconds and then stand on the brakes it's over...
Your a brave soul
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #455
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Your a brave soul
stupid comes to mind before brave...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #456
VanquisherSS

Quote:
stupid comes to mind before brave...
LOL I can relate to that one . I like to go with brave though.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #457
VanquisherSS

So couple things to update on my front here about the car. Firstly, I'll have my new wheels in about 5-6 weeks just in time for show season. These wheels don't officially exist so I can't share any pictures with you all but I will post pictures of the 3d model renderings they are going to be sending. They are truly one of a kind and I'll be running some very aggressive offsets and sizes to make it work.

So in light of the car show season I'm going to spruce up the interior and exterior. Ordered some hydro dipped carbon pieces for the inside and I am going to debadge the camaro on the fender and replace it with the old school "camaro" from emblempros in black. Also I my carbon fiber seibon st trunk lid will be ordered and in the mail shortly.

I still have not decided where to put the supercharged LSX emblems I got. I'm thinking underneath the new camaro fender emblem? On the hood on each side? Any suggestions from you all?

I guess thats all for now
Old 02-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #458
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Can't wait to see those wheels! I think the LSX emblems would look good on the hood on each side!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #459
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
So couple things to update on my front here about the car. Firstly, I'll have my new wheels in about 5-6 weeks just in time for show season. These wheels don't officially exist so I can't share any pictures with you all but I will post pictures of the 3d model renderings they are going to be sending. They are truly one of a kind and I'll be running some very aggressive offsets and sizes to make it work.

So in light of the car show season I'm going to spruce up the interior and exterior. Ordered some hydro dipped carbon pieces for the inside and I am going to debadge the camaro on the fender and replace it with the old school "camaro" from emblempros in black. Also I my carbon fiber seibon st trunk lid will be ordered and in the mail shortly.

I still have not decided where to put the supercharged LSX emblems I got. I'm thinking underneath the new camaro fender emblem? On the hood on each side? Any suggestions from you all?

I guess thats all for now

Less show, more go!!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #460
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Less show, more go!!!!
Its the best when people think my car is all show, but then I GO . I did want to add a 50 shot of nitrous just to put the tank in my trunk LOL
Old 02-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #461
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Can't wait to see those wheels! I think the LSX emblems would look good on the hood on each side!
Thanks. They are trying to talk me into running their new line of wheels one of them and I think I might do that. The deal is sweeter haha.

Agreed on the emblems I'm probably gonna do that. I think it be too much on the fender.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #462
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Less show, more go!!!!

Tags
camaro of the week