Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #43
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Tell them you're environmentally conscious, but driving a Prius is like cutting off your testes.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:06 AM   #44
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1cobra View Post
I agree, I had to deal with this with all of my co-workers after I bought the car. I have only one other person take my side and stand up for the V-6, now he has a V-8 Camaro. The point is well stated that everyone has a reason to buy one or the other and it should not be held against you. I am very happy wirh My V-6 2LT/RS.
Don't know if you noticed what I drive but I'm like your co-worker I also have the V-8 version but the way I look at it we are family! We all love thesame car! Just different motor sizes! But I did test drive a V-6 before I got my V-8 but believe me if I hadn't already had a V-8 coming I would have took the 6 in a heartbeat! It just gets on my nerves hearing people dogging someone saying they did this or that wrong! The way I look at as long as your happy then you did right and don't even feel like you should have to explain to someone else why you made your desicion! Honestly from what short time I got to test drive the V-6 it would outrun alot of the V-8's I've drove in my lifetime. My dad had I believe a mid 90's Z28 in late 90's & that V-6 I drove would have blown the doors of the Z28 and it was a good Z28 also! It wasn't sick or anything. Honestly I think it had equal or more power than the V-8. Anyways guys and gals enjoy your cars regardless of engine size! They are all sweet rides!!!!!!!!! To everyone with these awesome Camaro's enjoy and be safe and keep em between the lines!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 AM   #45
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChen View Post
I haven't even taken delivery of the car yet and everyone my wife and I talk to say something like "You should have got the 8."

I bite my lip, but I'm thinking, "What the hell do you drive?"
I bought a V8, and just like the commercials, I feel great. It is not as nutritional as the drink, but it sure the hell make me love my choice.

If you are not a racing person, the V8 is not necessary. It is hell on wheels though.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 AM   #46
HeatherMarie2LT
baby #10,978

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Tell them you're environmentally conscious, but driving a Prius is like cutting off your testes.

My response is always "Why NOT?"

Last edited by HeatherMarie2LT; 09-17-2009 at 05:28 AM.
HeatherMarie2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:17 AM   #47
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I bought a V8, and just like the commercials, I feel great. It is not as nutritional as the drink, but it sure the hell make me love my choice.

If you are not a racing person, the V8 is not necessary. It is hell on wheels though.
I'm a racing person and I have a V6..... j/k...

In the case of Drag Racing, (which is what I do) the thing is unless you are building a dedicated track car you will almost never race heads up.... so you will be running brackets or modified brackets... in which case consistency is the name of the game! And I can tell you this car is amazingly consistent!!!

Remember... there will always be someone out there that is a lot faster than you... even if you spring for the V8....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #48
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
My 2LT 6 speed manual feels like a V-8 to me. It has plenty of power and even snarls a bit when you kick it in.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #49
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
First I ask them if THEY need a car that need more than 305 h.p.? Then I ask them if they intend on paying the added cost of the higher price of the insurance? then note that it will cost more to operate it as the V8's mileage is less, AND you have to put Preimum gas in it, who is going to kick in for that , YOU? I THINK NOT to all of the preivious questions. not to mention, my car will most likely kick your cars a$$, and if not, I would be willing to bet my last nickel it will still look better that ANYTHING your driving.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #50
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I drove a Sante Fe family type car with like 140ish Hp. That thing was painful to drive. Getting this 2LT RS its such a huge upgrade i had no use for the V8. I test drove the V8 its amazing and i can afford one but the V6 is plenty for what i need.I dont drag race i just wanted a cool looking car that was fun to drive. The V6 camaro fits the bill perfectly.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #51
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
I drove a Sante Fe family type car with like 140ish Hp. That thing was painful to drive. Getting this 2LT RS its such a huge upgrade i had no use for the V8. I test drove the V8 its amazing and i can afford one but the V6 is plenty for what i need.I dont drag race i just wanted a cool looking car that was fun to drive. The V6 camaro fits the bill perfectly.
Just because you have a V6 doesn't mean you can't drag race... hehehe...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #52
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Just because you have a V6 doesn't mean you can't drag race... hehehe...

You are correct but i dont have insurance for the track so if i bust up my car there im sol then have to pay the note on the damage out of pocket. I think ill watch from the stands
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #53
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
I just wanted a 2010 camaro to complete my collection didn't matter if was v6 or v8
but i do save on gas that's nice ,Congrats!!
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #54
BunkG

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Doesn't really bother me.

I'll be getting a V6, and I have my reasons for it. I don't need to justify my decision to anybody else because I'm the one paying for the car.

If I want to buy a 23,000 dollar V6 and then put 3,000 dollars into the engine... 2,000 dollars into the suspension... A new hood/paint job... a full leather interior...

That's my prerogative. Its my money, I can use it how I want.
- X
C/S!
BunkG is offline   Reply With Quote