Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #127
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
i call b/s

this is what the media does...it fits their template of gloom and doom...gas prices are bad and they want to kill american suv's and muscle cars...they want us all to drive smart cars and prius's
Old 07-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #128
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
This will eventually be merged into the closed thread.

Z28 = NOT dead.

Anything else you read is rumor and speculation of the worst kind. Until the point at which we're told by the fbodfather or anyone else of note at GM that the Z28 is shelved, this ''nonexistant" () car is still a go. We don't blame you for posting it up, the way these articles are written would have it set in stone as cold hard fact..........

Btw, welcome to the site, and I hope you enjoy yourself here!!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #129
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Z28 = NOT dead.

Anything else you read is rumor and speculation of the worst kind. Until the point at which we're told by the fbodfather or anyone else of note at GM that the Z28 is shelved, this ''nonexistant" () car is still a go. We don't blame you for posting it up, the way these articles are written would have it set in stone as cold hard fact..........

Btw, welcome to the site, and I hope you enjoy yourself here!!
wrong forum edit i wrote something that was meant for another thread
Old 07-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #130
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If fbodfather didn't say it, then it isn't true. Also, see my link below.

There is no evidence of a "Z28" ever being seriously considered for production. That does not exclude a Z28 from production.

What you Z28 worriers are doing is crying over spilt milk that hasn't even come out of the cow yet. Wait for GM to milk the Camaro cow with a Z28, then cry if it ever gets cancelled.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 07-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #131
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
If fbodfather didn't say it, then it isn't true. Also, see my link below.

There is no evidence of a "Z28" ever being seriously considered for production. That does not exclude a Z28 from production.

What you Z28 worriers are doing is crying over spilt milk that hasn't even come out of the cow yet. Wait for GM to milk the Camaro cow with a Z28, then cry if it ever gets cancelled.
Just a question... is it really that hard to believe that there will be a monster camaro, whether its a Z28 or SS?

Seems to me that your trying to prove something...

Your right... hasn't been anounced but to me, it seems likely the monster will arive in one form or another whether it arrives in 2009 or 2012.

My prediction is... the worst that could happen is that GM will offer the monster by order only.

... but I have been wrong before.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #132
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Just a question... is it really that hard to believe that there will be a monster camaro, whether its a Z28 or SS?

Seems to me that your trying to prove something...

Your right... hasn't been anounced but to me, it seems likely the monster will arive in one form or another whether it arrives in 2009 or 2012.

My prodiction is... the worst that could happen is that GM will offer the monster by order only.

... but I have been wrong before.
I'm trying to separate the truth from the speculation. I want GM to produce a Camaro that annihilates GT500s and Super Stocks, but I don't want any members confusing the general air of confidence about the Z28 with lies and speculation.

All of these articles claim to announce the end of the Z28 without reliable sources. They're making it up, and a Z28 coming out of the factory will not stop them from selling magazines or website ads, even if they are blatantly wrong.

We are enthusiasts, and so we are responsible for knowing the truth about our cars. When some punk in his Civic shows up at the track, sees your fourth generation Camaro, and starts talking about how the next one won't even have a Z28, you can say, "Who cares what they call it? It'll still pound you!" They may not bring back the Z28, or the Z28 may be the production V8. For all we know, they've been rebadging the prototypes incorrectly. That SS we keep hearing about might have 700 horses and eat Gallardos for breakfast, or the Z28 might turn out to be called something else. We really don't know the truth about the Z28. I just think that the members of this site are largely unprepared for the possibility that a Z28 does not exist. It's still a Camaro without a Z28 badge.

Yes—I want GM to build a Camaro Z28, but no one has leaked any information about the possibility of a Z28. Meanwhile, leaks and photos (GMPP thread) have confirmed the existence of a Camaro SS and a Camaro RS. I expect a Camaro Z28 to come out, but GM has either protected it very well or failed to produce one.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 07-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #133
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Id take the Z28 over the Caddy and Vette
Old 07-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #134
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm trying to separate the truth from the speculation. I want GM to produce a Camaro that annihilates GT500s and Super Stocks, but I don't want any members confusing the general air of confidence about the Z28 with lies and speculation.

All of these articles claim to announce the end of the Z28 without reliable sources. They're making it up, and a Z28 coming out of the factory will not stop them from selling magazines or website ads, even if they are blatantly wrong.

We are enthusiasts, and so we are responsible for knowing the truth about our cars. When some punk in his Civic shows up at the track, sees your fourth generation Camaro, and starts talking about how the next one won't even have a Z28, you can say, "Who cares what they call it? It'll still pound you!" They may not bring back the Z28, or the Z28 may be the production V8. For all we know, they've been rebadging the prototypes incorrectly. That SS we keep hearing about might have 700 horses and eat Gallardos for breakfast, or the Z28 might turn out to be called something else. We really don't know the truth about the Z28. I just think that the members of this site are largely unprepared for the possibility that a Z28 does not exist. It's still a Camaro without a Z28 badge.

Yes—I want GM to build a Camaro Z28, but no one has leaked any information about the possibility of a Z28. Meanwhile, leaks and photos (GMPP thread) have confirmed the existence of a Camaro SS and a Camaro RS. I expect a Camaro Z28 to come out, but GM has either protected it very well or failed to produce one.
Yeah, I see your intentions. Like you said, there's no sence in crying over spilt milk the cow hasn't produced yet...

I guess the point is... "Z28 doomed" more means "no monster camaro" reguardless of the name. Therefore, I agree with everyone here and call

I agree with The_Blur and say the Z28 has not been anounced anyways.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:20 AM   #135
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
For the love of... I'm really starting to get pissed off at these posts.

This maybe to much to ask. I believe in freedom of speech. So I am not asking to remove these post right away. Just give them a time limmit. Lord knows there are like a dozen of these and they are like clutter. Just a thought Tran, Dragon,Tag, etc.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #136
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I've got my eye on it.

The only reason it's staying up here for this long, is because there's obviously a few stragglers who haven't yet been told the articles were false. I'd rather this act as sticky paper for those people, than have constant "Is the Z28 dead?" questions appearing all over the boards. (Remember the headlights-era?)
Old 07-15-2008, 12:38 AM   #137
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
no offense, but I feel sorry for the people who go to those types of sites, and believe what they read, without searching for evidence proving otherwise. Or non conclusive evidence (such fact as we Don't know if there Will or Won't be a Z/28)

It's like reading a newspaper that says "The End Is Near" and 100% believing it.

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
Old 07-15-2008, 01:45 AM   #138
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
Thanks! Threads merged.....and since others are asking...

The Z28 isn't only NOT dead, but the Z28 has NEVER EVEN BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREAD CLOSED.

When GM officially says some doom and gloom words, then this can resume. But, this thread has run it's course.

Closed Thread