Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 09-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
kmiller

Drives: 98 Camaro
I thought I was all alone

My friends make fun of me because I have held onto my Camaro even though it has 185,000 miles on it. I have blown the head gaskets, replaced the rack and pinion, and yes, so much more.

I thought something was wrong with me that I could not let this car go. Maybe being nostalgic, trying to hold onto my youth. My husband bought me the car the year I turned 30. Now I'm 40 and we've been a lot of places together. Three kids learned to drive in that car. Even with the head gasket incident, it has never left me on the side of the road.

So I'm feeling like an idiot because I keep trying to keep her going. Then I start realizing there are others like me. I go to the car wash and the attendant tells me to let him know if I ever want to sell it because he wants to buy it. Now I know there are a lot of fine cars running through that car wash so I thought that was interesting. Then I went to Sears to have the alignment done after replacing the rack, and the mechanic asked if the car was for sale. He started telling me how he collects Camaros and he is not the only one.

Then I start looking online after seeing the new Camaro photos in the Car & Driver at the library. Maybe I can hold out for the new release. And I find all you guys. It is good to know I am not alone. Are there other women on the forum? Geez, I am a housewife, entrepreneur, native Floridian transplanted to NJ. My other car is a motorcycle. Neither it nor the Camaro are very good in the winter, but here I am. Joining the club.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
you are awesome!

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller View Post
My friends make fun of me because I have held onto my Camaro even though it has 185,000 miles on it. I have blown the head gaskets, replaced the rack and pinion, and yes, so much more.

I thought something was wrong with me that I could not let this car go. Maybe being nostalgic, trying to hold onto my youth. My husband bought me the car the year I turned 30. Now I'm 40 and we've been a lot of places together. Three kids learned to drive in that car. Even with the head gasket incident, it has never left me on the side of the road.

So I'm feeling like an idiot because I keep trying to keep her going. Then I start realizing there are others like me. I go to the car wash and the attendant tells me to let him know if I ever want to sell it because he wants to buy it. Now I know there are a lot of fine cars running through that car wash so I thought that was interesting. Then I went to Sears to have the alignment done after replacing the rack, and the mechanic asked if the car was for sale. He started telling me how he collects Camaros and he is not the only one.

Then I start looking online after seeing the new Camaro photos in the Car & Driver at the library. Maybe I can hold out for the new release. And I find all you guys. It is good to know I am not alone. Are there other women on the forum? Geez, I am a housewife, entrepreneur, native Floridian transplanted to NJ. My other car is a motorcycle. Neither it nor the Camaro are very good in the winter, but here I am. Joining the club.

Great story, welcome to the family!!!!!

Were all a bite nutty here, but OH so lovable! Enjoy!!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
We're in it with you.

I, of course, will be complaining about my POS along the way. At least you're holding onto your car by choice.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
Welcome, I laugh whenever I hear someone say that GM does not build quality cars..... 121,000 miles and still running strong

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Welcome to the site Kmiller!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
brotherben

Drives: 1994 camaro 6 cil. all stock
welcome to the site. Im a Floridian to still living in central Florida 4th generation. I got a 94 with 148,000 and still going. (I hope to get to 250 or 300)
brotherben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #8
z28collection
waiting for 5th gen

Drives: 99 z28 6 speed, 81 z28 auto
welcome

welcome to the site and dont let that camaro go.

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyjfowlkes
z28collection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
WELCOME! Don't listen to those that laugh. They couldn't understand the pride you have with your car

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Sheesh Thats All The Miles Ya'll Got..Com'on..201,578 MilesIs What My 96 Z Is Showing rite now. But what do you expect it's the ONLY car i havebetween My wife and I. (we Poor).lol Driven daily 32 miles round trip to work. It Will have many more by the time we get back from INDY .Still Runs like it should.Misc.things go out but thats expected with any high mile vehicle...

Oh AND WELCOME TO THE SITE!..
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #11
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Welcome.
I like hearing stories like that.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote