Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
ROUSH TO HELP WITH THE CAMARO?

We heard rumblings from the underground that ROUSH was considering expanding its line of high-performance parts to vehicles not wearing the Blue Oval badge, and today the company that Jack built made it official. After 12 years of offering parts only for Fords, ROUSH Performance will begin offering parts for GM vehicles for the first time. The first two products include the ROUSH Power Programmers for GM trucks (shown right) and Cold Air Intake Kits. Soon exhaust systems, suspension components...

More

"There is no Japanese Word for Pickup Truck"

1bad67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
gurulu68

Drives: 68 camaro rs

Do they do plastic and fiberglass? Cause I'm interested in hideaway lights and ground effects.
gurulu68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Saleen, another performance Mustang company, is already jumping on board with the new Camaro.

It wouldn't surprise me if Roush did too. Roush and Saleen are competitors in the the tuning segment so it would probably be in Roush's best interest to expand his market too.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurulu68 View Post

Do they do plastic and fiberglass? Cause I'm interested in hideaway lights and ground effects.
I hope it doesn't take them as long to get GFX on the 5th Gen as it did the 4th.

I'd prefer GFX direct from the factory, but will get aftermarket if they don't make the available when I go to buy.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
I'm glad some new aftermarket companies are jumping on board. As far as ground effects go, I'll take the weight savings of running nekkid. Besides, all the other options will add enough weight.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:33 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Don't get too carried away w/ who's jumping on board regarding aftermarket companies. Saleen stated that they wanted to get on board, but we were told that there were no finite plans for them to have any part w/ the Camaro. They also leaked the info that the LS3 was going into the Camaro months ago before anyone ever heard of anything. So, some of their info is correct...but I wouldn't believe anything until it is in black and white from the company themself. Just be cautious is all I'm saying.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
exactly...Saleen may still back out - or be kicked out..........
So Roush, who knows?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #8
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Don't get too carried away w/ who's jumping on board regarding aftermarket companies. Saleen stated that they wanted to get on board, but we were told that there were no finite plans for them to have any part w/ the Camaro. They also leaked the info that the LS3 was going into the Camaro months ago before anyone ever heard of anything. So, some of their info is correct...but I wouldn't believe anything until it is in black and white from the company themself. Just be cautious is all I'm saying.

Do you think that Saleen was just using GM to get plugged for appearing in the upcoming "Transformers" movie? Because Saleen and Roush seem like such blue oval loyalist.
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
MaroMike

Drives: 2008 CHallenger SRT8
I would think SLP would have first crack at the 5th gen.......But what do I know?!

Regards to ALL!!!

Mike
Ludwig Classic Maple D/Bass Zildjian Overhead

AMERICA, Home of the Free, Because of The Brave
MaroMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyseth1 View Post
Do you think that Saleen was just using GM to get plugged for appearing in the upcoming "Transformers" movie? Because Saleen and Roush seem like such blue oval loyalist.
Both do seem loyal to the blue oval. I would be suprised to see them working on another automakers vehicle. It could happen, I guess. Roush made the GTO's into the concepts for the movie. I don't know what the deal is with Saleen. So far...been told nothing set in stone. But, he did get some credit from me by mentioning the LS3 a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMike View Post
I would think SLP would have first crack at the 5th gen.......But what do I know?!
Regards to ALL!!!
Mike
You hit the nail on the head.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:31 AM   #11
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
It would not suprise me to see Saleen and or Rousch get involved with the Camaro. Times are changing in the tuned arena.

Also, with Mustang sales on the decline and the recent flood of tuned versions of that car coming direct from Ford, those other companies would be smart to diversify a little
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:15 AM   #12
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
I agree with overanxious the mustang market is getting FLOODED! it's rediculous roush, saleen, steeda, crevinis (body kit maker), hell ford has a new special edition weekly it seems, shelby

the additional help from folks like that could actually help the camaro into super stardom. hell the new msutang isn't really THAT much to write home about 3 K cheaper than a GTO. and priced right were the Trans Am and Z28 were. they are 7 yrs old and still out perform the new stang.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #13
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
crevinis (body kit maker),
You mean Cervini's?

They're about 10 to 15 miles from me, though I don't know their exact location since I've never been there.

I didn't think they did 'special editions', they just do body kits/hoods you can add yourself. It's not like a 'Cervini Edition' or anything.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #14
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
Even die hard Chevy and GM owners know who Jack Roush is and his success in the Mustang world. Roush has been dabbling in the Ford F150 market as well but not with as much success.

The first two products to be offered is a power programmer and cold air intakes. These are pretty easy to get started with and are the best generic modification to start off with. Everybody can use and install these. Next they will begin with exhaust kits and suspension.

Having another major supplier of go fast goodies is definitely a good thing. Hopefully this will help spike up the market and bring some more excitement and bigger, badder parts.

So, who’s next? Remember the Saleen Camaro?

SOME NEW INFO I FOUD TALKING ABOUT MY SAME POST DIFFRENT SITE
1bad67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote