Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #183
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by epstein View Post
Similar but no heating, no suede and no air bags.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #184
CS99

Drives: 2013 ZL1 AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuuth View Post
The ZL1 convertible is not considered by Chevrolet to be a potential race car.

It does not have the 5 mode PTMS or the full belly pan either.
Yes..that makes sense
CS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #185
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuice View Post
Eh...I get my parts for cost+10% so it MIGHT not be that bad lol. I'll for sure let you guys know what to expect though.
I get my parts for that too, and it will still be scary considering you're not getting them factory installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuuth View Post
The ZL1 convertible is not considered by Chevrolet to be a potential race car.

It does not have the 5 mode PTMS or the full belly pan either.
1) So how/why does having to be considered a potential race car have anything to do with offering recaros? I certainly don't see a CTS-V as a potential racecar or otherwise. And 2) seat options wouldn't have much if anything to do with suspension and air flow controls. That boat don't float.

What makes more sense to me, is either because of the seat's design in the convertible means they don't fit right for clearances due to the protrusion right there at the door opening for the top mechanism, etc. , or for some other design or administrative reason, such as they weren't certified in rollover tests, consumer tests showed there wasn't much ROI for a certain body style, Recaro supply to GM is limited to XXX, and so forth. Recaros are cool, and every Camaro should have that option.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #186
Smuuth

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
I get my parts for that too, and it will still be scary considering you're not getting them factory installed.

1) So how/why does having to be considered a potential race car have anything to do with offering recaros? I certainly don't see a CTS-V as a potential racecar or otherwise. And 2) seat options wouldn't have much if anything to do with suspension and air flow controls. That boat don't float.

What makes more sense to me, is either because of the seat's design in the convertible means they don't fit right for clearances due to the protrusion right there at the door opening for the top mechanism, etc. , or for some other design or administrative reason, such as they weren't certified in rollover tests, consumer tests showed there wasn't much ROI for a certain body style, Recaro supply to GM is limited to XXX, and so forth. Recaros are cool, and every Camaro should have that option.
Whatever. I was just offering an opinion as to why they aren't available for the convertible.
Smuuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #187
ZL1 Brian

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Lol they are actually made in Auburn Hills, MI at the Recaro plant. Made by hand. I just saw them last week making them and a photoshoot. Recaro is owned by Johnson Controls. (my employer)
Can we order them directly through Ricaro?
ZL1 Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #188
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Brian View Post
Can we order them directly through Ricaro?

No. Just like any other GM part, they are only available through GM unfortunately. Sucks I know.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #189
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Alright guys my parts guy finally called me back. The seats are priced out of the market just like with the ZL1 inserts for the hood. Simply because they don't want people adding them to previous models. My cost for the driver seat, which mind you is cost plus 10% is $3,100. The upper seat cover alone (the back of the seat) was $1,800 my cost. The seats will run you well over $6k not including installation. And that was with him using as many parts from my current 2013 seats. I almost shized my pants when he told me that. Even my parts guy started laughing lol
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
Havoc Black Chrome

Old 08-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #190
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Alright guys my parts guy finally called me back. The seats are priced out of the market just like with the ZL1 inserts for the hood. Simply because they don't want people adding them to previous models. My cost for the driver seat, which mind you is cost plus 10% is $3,100. The upper seat cover alone (the back of the seat) was $1,800 my cost. The seats will run you well over $6k not including installation. And that was with him using as many parts from my current 2013 seats. I almost shized my pants when he told me that. Even my parts guy started laughing lol
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but this goes directly against what Al O. said when he said the parts from the Z/28s would be available to purchase to put on other Camaros.

He was even asked by members here point blank if the Recaros would be available and he said yes. I just wish we could get a straight effing answer from GM on this.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #191
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but this goes directly against what Al O. said when he said the parts from the Z/28s would be available to purchase to put on other Camaros.

He was even asked by members here point blank if the Recaros would be available and he said yes. I just wish we could get a straight effing answer from GM on this.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #192
TripleBlkZL1

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10 & 18 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
well over $6k not including installation.
over $6,000??

I rather have these seats

2018 2500HD Duramax
TripleBlkZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #193
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
This sucks! Guess trying to find a deal on a '13 is no longer an option if they are priced like that!

Hope nobody wants a ZL1 this year and only a Corvette for my sake!
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #194
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:

Well keep the faith, it's still early and doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #195
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I really want the Recaros but I am not sure about $6000.00. Hopefully something or somebody will come up with a better deal.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:29 AM   #196
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Quote:

Lol I didn't say they aren't available to purchase. They are available but not in a full assembly. I never once said they aren't available. I was strictly reporting pricing...
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
Havoc Black Chrome