Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #1
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Audio Frustration Grrrrr

I need some advice on what to do with my stereo system. I have a 2010 SS with the ******** FARK harness, JL 500 amp running two 10" subs and a JL XD 400 running JL components up front and JL 6x9's in the back. Sounds pretty good but I wanted to add an equalizer to fine tune the system. Tried the LCQ-1 from Audio Control and although it worked ok, I needed to crank the gain on my amps to get any volume, this brought in the alternator whine. I guess its designed for higher output from the factory amp ( which I turfed).
I would like to find a way to get a higher output into the LCQ-1 if this is at all possible, I may need the stock amp to do this ??? I don't really want to go with an aftermarket HU because you need a Schoche unit to keep the factory controls and that's $$ I don't want to spend. I think I'm almost where I want to be if its actually possible to do.
If some Guru out there has the answer I sure would appreciate it.
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I'm not a stereo guy. But you are using the wrong equipment. The LCQ-1 accepts an amplified input signal. You are dealing with line level inputs. I'm sure there are numerous options available (with much better results) to handle line level signals.

A little research will likely turn up what you need. Or one of the many audio gurus here will likely chime in.

Good luck.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
I'm not a stereo guy. But you are using the wrong equipment. The LCQ-1 accepts an amplified input signal. You are dealing with line level inputs. I'm sure there are numerous options available (with much better results) to handle line level signals.

A little research will likely turn up what you need. Or one of the many audio gurus here will likely chime in.

Good luck.
You're absolutely right, as I found out. I was told by the Audio Control guys that I need to connect it down stream of the stock amplifier but this will defeat the purpose of the FARK harness that I have. I'm not sure how to do it and was hoping for a plug and play option. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
I have the LC6i and my levels are not cranked on my amps, my factory amp is gone. The only issue I have is the dc noise from the chimes for turn signals etc.

To your problem, maybe add the Matrix Plus Six Channel Line Driver?

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
I have the LC6i and my levels are not cranked on my amps, my factory amp is gone. The only issue I have is the dc noise from the chimes for turn signals etc.

To your problem, maybe add the Matrix Plus Six Channel Line Driver?
I did add the Matrix Plus, it boosted the signal but... annoying alternator whine that I could not get rid of. I tried RCA ground loop isolators and some other band-aides that didn't work. When the volume was up it sounded great but at low volumes and even when shut off the whine was unbearable, so I removed it.